Black People : Challenging The Term - White Supremacy

Sami_RaMaati said:
No it doesn't, but words do not tear thru the flesh and cause one to lose blood the way bullets from an AK-47 can. Unlike an AK-47, when words are used as weapons of control they are calculated to tear thru the mind and affect behavior.

One example of how speech is used as a weapon of control is when white people call us "racist" for openly discussing, criticizing, complaining about and reacting negatively to white racism. The "r" word as used in this way has no real meaning to them. It is purely manipulative and is calculated to make us feel like we've done something wrong by openly discussing, criticizing, complaining about or reacting negatively to being treated like dogs. Certain of us who don't understand how white people use speech as a weapon of control and domination will adopt the white racist's definition of "black racist" and naively lecture other black people on how "black racism" is just as bad as white racism.

Once we understand how white racists use the term "black racism" as a weapon of control, then it becomes useless to them. Similarly, we can defang the term "white supremacy" by modifying it to reflect what it truly is: "the myth of white supremacy," and defining it accordingly: a demonic philosophy and practice built on a foundation of lies and deceit.

Sami you make a good point. They do use words as a weapon. And although I appreciate the teachings of Dr. Welsing and Neely Fuller, lately the term has been bothering me. Although I can see James' point of not denying the truth as well. But there should be a way to speak the truth w/o portraying whites as somehow being superior. Your definition of it is pretty good, imo.

FaithSoulSistah said:
Sami you make a good point. They do use words as a weapon. And although I appreciate the teachings of Dr. Welsing and Neely Fuller, lately the term has been bothering me. Although I can see James' point of not denying the truth as well. But there should be a way to speak the truth w/o portraying whites as somehow being superior. Your definition of it is pretty good, imo.
What exactly is it that is bothering you?

Our mind is constantly connecting things together. And it does so based on our understanding of how things work. Our understanding of how things work is based in how we think about things. How we think about things is based in the words we use to think with and how they connect together. The words we use to think with and how they connect together is based entirely on the definition of the words we use to think with. This is what determines how the words connect together.

The definitions of words are supposed to do one thing...lead you to the truth when the words are used. A word in and of itself is meaningless. It doesn't mean anything. A word is just a sound and a design. The process for placing words in a dictionary, in short, is there are people who are called Lexicographers who go out among people to find out how words are being used. As more and more people begin to use the words and their definitions, those words and their definitions wind up in "the dictionary". This process is based entirely on what people mean when they use words...not what words mean.

The words that the racists (white supremacists) have given us to use make it impossible to see "what's happening"...meaning the truth about the things that go on around us. It makes it difficult at best to see what we're looking at even when it is right in our face. If we want to change our reality we are going to have to start with our use of words...meaning change the definitions of the words we use so that when the words are used they allow us to see what we're looking at. Only then we can decide what to do about it.

My grandmother used to say;

"The truth only hurts when you're living a lie"

We have been lied to, tricked, bamboozeled as someone once said. And we are living that lie and most of us have become so comfortable with that lie that we call it the truth and we will fight to defend it. The very words we use to think with, because of their definition or lack of a meaningful definition, our mind attempts to put together a solution that in the grand scheme of things ain't never gonna work.

Could this be what is uncomfortable for you?

truetothecause - I enjoyed your video - thanks for sharing!

You posed a good question - what diverted the youth from the powerful path of our previous generations?

The "positive" upbringing you mentioned - that was me. I had not even heard the term "White Supremacy" until I was 30+ years old - I knew darn well was a racist was, and have been a victim of racism many times over - but it never occured to me to consider white folk "supreme" as individuals although knowing collectively, they have "the" power and dominate.

I believe you are correct when you say you need to "break it down".

To me, that doesnt necessarily mean start small - but I believe we will show more progress if we do exactly that - break it down. Starting first and foremost, within ourselves - our families - our communities. Our most powerful weapons are being left holding ammo - but unarmed on how to use it.

whose language are we using to post this thread? the white man's. language, law, standard measurements, all belong to him.
i wonder why we argue over a moot point. we all live under a system of global white supremacy.

our home is over run with white devils and crazy africans.

if we are to recover it must be clear to us who the enemy is and where he is. the term global white supremacy defines that enemy for me.
it makes me want to fight.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back