Health and Wellness : chaka-khan-a-vegan-diet-helped-me-lose-60-lbs-and-get-off-diabetes-drugs

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
http://www.examiner.com/article/cha...ped-me-lose-60-lbs-and-get-off-diabetes-drugs

Legendary singer Chaka Khan, who recently lost 60 pounds on a vegan diet, credits the plant-based eating plan with helping her get off her diabetes medication.

Khan said the lethal combination of excess weight, diabetes and high blood pressure motivated her to overhaul her diet an reclaim her health. "I had type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, so I went on a radical change of lifestyle," Chaka told the Detroit News.

Khan jumpstarted her slim-down in 2011 by following a liquid diet for several months. The rapid weight loss and accompanying changes she saw in her health motivated her to eliminate dairy, meat and other animal products out of her diet.

"What I did was stopped eating and went on a strict unconditional liquid fast for a couple of months," the 10-time Grammy winner recounts. "And went off meat, became vegan, stopped all the dairy, stopped all the meat. It sort of changed my whole way of thinking. You have to get the mindset first."

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
http://www.examiner.com/article/cha...ped-me-lose-60-lbs-and-get-off-diabetes-drugs

Legendary singer Chaka Khan, who recently lost 60 pounds on a vegan diet, credits the plant-based eating plan with helping her get off her diabetes medication.

Khan said the lethal combination of excess weight, diabetes and high blood pressure motivated her to overhaul her diet an reclaim her health. "I had type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, so I went on a radical change of lifestyle," Chaka told the Detroit News.

Khan jumpstarted her slim-down in 2011 by following a liquid diet for several months. The rapid weight loss and accompanying changes she saw in her health motivated her to eliminate dairy, meat and other animal products out of her diet.

"What I did was stopped eating and went on a strict unconditional liquid fast for a couple of months," the 10-time Grammy winner recounts. "And went off meat, became vegan, stopped all the dairy, stopped all the meat. It sort of changed my whole way of thinking. You have to get the mindset first."

Wow

She has never been that thin!

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Btw, Ital aka Vegan Macrobiotics is known to CURE Diabetes and some Cancers.

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009

This is so true; you have to get the mindset first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People : CHAKA KHAN ~ LIVE ~ CHRISTMAS ONLY ONCE A YEAR Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black Entertainment : Today is Chaka Khan's Birthday! You know... Black Entertainment 1
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Chaka Khan - Through the Fire Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Destee Black Entertainment : Chaka Khan Enters Rehab for Prescription Drug Abuse and Prince's Death Spurred Her to Seek Help Black Entertainment 2
HODEE Black Entertainment : Chaka Khan Black Entertainment 0
HODEE Black Entertainment : Chaka Khan (born Yvette Marie Stevens; March 23, 1953) Black Entertainment 1
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Chaka Khan - I'm Every Woman Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Chaka Khan - "Walk With Me, Lord" Black Entertainment 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Rufus n Chaka Khan - Stay Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Rufus Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody official music video Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Rufus and Chaka Khan - Sweet Thing Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Midnight Special More 1974 - 17 - Rufus and Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
HODEE Black Entertainment : " CHAKA KHAN " and ME Black Entertainment 5
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Chaka Khan - I Feel For You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Feather Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Chaka Khan - Love Has Fallen On Me (Slayd5000) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : RUFUS featuring Chaka Khan Black Entertainment 12
HODEE Black Entertainment : Chaka Khan Black Entertainment 5
T Black Entertainment : Where's the love for Chaka Khan? Black Entertainment 12
T Black Entertainment : New Chaka Khan Black Entertainment 13
HODEE Black Entertainment : CHAKA.. ALL of JUNE for ME! Black Entertainment 0
T Black Entertainment : Where does Chaka Fit? Black Entertainment 1
Gorilla Science and Technology : Khan Academy (Another self-learning resource) Science and Technology 0
Isaiah African American History Culture : BROTHERS DUSTY ELBOW AND I-KHAN... African American History Culture 9
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : 25 BLACK OWNED VEGAN BUSINESSES Black Money Business Jobs 1
IFE Black Positive People : 12-Year Old Boss Launches Gourmet Vegan Popcorn Company Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Liberty Health and Wellness : How Hard is it to be Vegan? Black Health and Wellness 4
jamesfrmphilly Food Discussion : afro vegan.... Food Discussion and Recipes 1
Indigo Blues Health and Wellness : Eating Healthy Raw Vegan Style - Black Raw Vegan Chefs Black Health and Wellness 8
Indigo Blues Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : Vegan Enchilada Casserole Food Discussion and Recipes 1
Indigo Blues Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : Vegan Creole Seafood Platter Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Amnat77 Black People : Funny smell coming from people after turning Vegan Black People Open Forum 10
P Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : Vegan Banana Bread Food Discussion and Recipes 2
E Dessert Cookie Cake Recipe : Vegan Chocolate chip cookie recipe? Food Discussion and Recipes 1
R Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : Vegan Breakfast Burritos Food Discussion and Recipes 4
N Dessert Cookie Cake Recipe : Vegan Pie Crust Food Discussion and Recipes 3
P Hip-hop artists spread word on vegetarian, vegan diets in black community Black Health and Wellness 20
D Vegetarian/Vegan on college campuses Black Health and Wellness 3
I Raising a Vegan Toddler Black Health and Wellness 3