Health and Wellness : chaka-khan-a-vegan-diet-helped-me-lose-60-lbs-and-get-off-diabetes-drugs

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
http://www.examiner.com/article/cha...ped-me-lose-60-lbs-and-get-off-diabetes-drugs

Legendary singer Chaka Khan, who recently lost 60 pounds on a vegan diet, credits the plant-based eating plan with helping her get off her diabetes medication.

Khan said the lethal combination of excess weight, diabetes and high blood pressure motivated her to overhaul her diet an reclaim her health. "I had type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, so I went on a radical change of lifestyle," Chaka told the Detroit News.

Khan jumpstarted her slim-down in 2011 by following a liquid diet for several months. The rapid weight loss and accompanying changes she saw in her health motivated her to eliminate dairy, meat and other animal products out of her diet.

"What I did was stopped eating and went on a strict unconditional liquid fast for a couple of months," the 10-time Grammy winner recounts. "And went off meat, became vegan, stopped all the dairy, stopped all the meat. It sort of changed my whole way of thinking. You have to get the mindset first."

http://www.examiner.com/article/cha...ped-me-lose-60-lbs-and-get-off-diabetes-drugs

Legendary singer Chaka Khan, who recently lost 60 pounds on a vegan diet, credits the plant-based eating plan with helping her get off her diabetes medication.

Khan said the lethal combination of excess weight, diabetes and high blood pressure motivated her to overhaul her diet an reclaim her health. "I had type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, so I went on a radical change of lifestyle," Chaka told the Detroit News.

Khan jumpstarted her slim-down in 2011 by following a liquid diet for several months. The rapid weight loss and accompanying changes she saw in her health motivated her to eliminate dairy, meat and other animal products out of her diet.

"What I did was stopped eating and went on a strict unconditional liquid fast for a couple of months," the 10-time Grammy winner recounts. "And went off meat, became vegan, stopped all the dairy, stopped all the meat. It sort of changed my whole way of thinking. You have to get the mindset first."

Wow

She has never been that thin!

This is so true; you have to get the mindset first.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back