Black People : Chains on the Statue of Liberty!~Revisited~Dr. Joy DeGruy

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chevron Dove, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Chains on the Statue of Liberty!~Revisited~Dr. Joy DeGruy

I am so surprised that this blog interview with Dr. Joy DeGruy has such a small number of views since it was put out last year! I also did a search and found that it was also posted in this community.

Although I've never cared to see the Statue of Liberty and did not have it at the top of my priority list when it came to research on Black History, I have done some research and found some similarities it seems to have with the Black presence. i've heard that underneath it's top layers, it was bronzed and I've heard other stories too. But I never heard that it has chains on it, and it still does, according to Dr. De Gruy! Also I found it amazing that she said the tour person also stated that it was first presented in 1865 as a supposed offering to represent 'the end of slavery'. i have my doubts about this due to the fact that this country decided to keep that part a secret, though.

So I thought it would be great to post it again, to spread this amazing message:

Here's the other link:

http://www.destee.com/index.php?threads/discussion-dr-joy-degruy.62968/#post-652969

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    This is all new to me as I've never heard of anything even remotely like this about the statue of liberty. I'll have to do a little research now. Thanks for the heads up.

3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

The statue of liberty, or as we call her here in NY 'that hoe in the harbor' was a gift to america in 1865 from the masonic lodge in france for ending slavery. The original statute was of a black woman with a broad nose and thick lips with chains in her right hand that were broken and the broken parts had fallen to her feet. America sent it back to the masons in france and said 'oh, hell no you have to do better than that if our ships see this black woman on liberty island they might get scared and turn around'. So the French masons sent back what you see today about 20 years later and replaced the chains with the masonic bible in her hand and the torch of free-masonry (light of the world) in her other hand.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Sister Chevron Dove, thanks:

Well, for starters, allow me to apologize profusely for not participating in these threads. This information is overwhelmingly for the benefit and the good of our people, and we should partake in this meal of substance.

Beyond the original make up of the Statue, the good Dr. DeGruy takes us on a journey that any so-called conscious person would revel in. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to all 5, I think, of the videos; and am simply taken aback at what she has to offer.

Joy has a real plan for our healing starting with extricating the truth and focusing on where we are now with building relationships with ourselves first, our family second, and then with those outside of our immediate families third; which signals the likes of this community and others.

So once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart to have had the wherewithal and courage to bring this information back to the Destee.com's table of knowledge...

Peace In,

5. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Interesting

6. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    you're welcome!

I was so surprise to see this info too!

7. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    You're welcome!

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Dr. Joy DeGruy is very impressive Chevron, very impressive.

Peace In,

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dr joy degruy statue of liberty

2. joy degruy statue of liberty youtube