Not open for further replies.

Orisons

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 14, 2005
London in the United Kingdom
Occupation
Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
onedayone;27863471 said:
If 1 person pays £42bn, and 50 people pay £16bn then: £16bn/50 = 0.32. £42bn/0.32 = 131.
onedayone;27863471 said:
Nice try, but you won't be getting a gold star in primary school maths.
Though Maths is very very obviously not your forte, you and I KNOW that that 131 times more assertion with regard to the upper 1% in comparison to the bottom 50%’s annual payment to the Exchequer is GARBAGE [£42 billion divided by £17,1 billion = 2.45] isn’t it, as underlined by the so pathetic “Creative Accounting” exercise above to so very very desperately stand up your crazy numbers [but you weren’t expecting anyone to challenge you on them, were YOU]?
;27863471 said:
Unfortunately I don't have the time or patience to respond to all your questions.
Don’t you mean headlong flight from REALITY is the only mode you KNOW as the factual basis of my rationale/questions is easily verifiable, isn’t it [or maybe this medium is too technical for YOU is it]?
QUOTE=;27863471]What I will say is that my calculation stands correct. When looking at tax receipts you need to consider the per person contribution.
If 1 person pays £50, and 50 people pay £1 each, the 1 person has contributed 50 times the amount that each of those others has. It is you that's applying creative accounting to suggest that the denominator in this calculation is irrelevant. [/QUOTE] So where have you factored in the number of people that make up the top 1% of taxpayers v the number of people that make up the bottom 50% and where did you get those statistics from?
Aren’t YOU very very desperately clutching at straws/barely numerate or are you going to explain how the numerator/£42 billion divided by the denominator/£17.1 billion could EVER highlight that the UK’s top 1% of taxpayers are paying 131 times more into the Exchequer than the bottom 50% [whose contribution would have to be only £0.32 billion as opposed to the £17.1 your assertion creates for your numbers to work] when these very numbers totally undermine that assertion [be honest, you failed even GCSE Maths, didn’t YOU]?
;27863471 said:
Don't embarrass yourself anymore by trying to debate with me on this. I am right.
Willing yourself to be RIGHT worked well for Hitler for a while didn’t it, but don’t your own statistics very completely CRUSH your rationale in a similar manner to the way Stalin’s willingness to sacrifice 25 million USSR citizens destroyed the NAZIS?
Though I’m not denying that the top 1% pay many times more individually than the bottom 50% aren’t THEY also the beneficiaries of a very diverse array of tax avoidance loopholes for example National Insurance contributions stop at a fixed figure so that someone on £300 a week is paying a higher percentage of NI on their wage {up to £42.475k 9%, then only 2% of income above that threshold} than someone on £3000 a week/WHY?
In stark contrast are you denying that the bottom 50% trapped in the PAYE system having very few options with regard to escaping taxation?
Isn't ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

This jumbled mess [below] is how my post [above] is appearing on the Daily Mail UK's message board.
Originally Posted by onedayone
If 1 person pays £42bn, and 50 people pay £16bnthen: £16bn/50 = 0.32. £42bn/0.32 = 131.
Though Maths is very veryobviously not your forte, you and I KNOW that that 131 times more assertionwith regard to the upper 1% in comparison to the bottom 50%’s annual payment tothe Exchequer is GARBAGE [£42 billion divided by £17,1 billion = 2.45]isn’t it, as underlined by the so pathetic “Creative Accounting” exercise aboveto so very very desperately stand up your crazy numbers [but you weren’texpecting anyone to challenge you on them, were YOU]?
Originally Posted by ;27863471
Unfortunately I don't have the time orpatience to respond to all your questions.
Don’tyou mean headlong flight from REALITY is the only mode you KNOW as thefactual basis of my rationale/questions is easily verifiable, isn’t it [ormaybe this medium is too technical for YOU is it]?
QUOTE=;27863471]What I will say isthat my calculation stands correct. When looking at tax receipts you need toconsider the per person contribution.
If 1 person pays £50, and 50 peoplepay £1 each, the 1 person has contributed 50 times the amount that each of thoseothers has. It is you that's applying creative accounting to suggest that thedenominator in this calculation is irrelevant. [/QUOTE] Sowhere have you factored in the number of people that make up the top 1% oftaxpayers v the number of people that make up the bottom 50% and where did youget those statistics from?
Aren’t YOU veryvery desperately clutching at straws/barely numerate or are you going toexplain how the numerator/£42 billion divided by the denominator/£17.1 billioncould EVER highlight that the UK’s top 1% of taxpayers are paying 131 timesmore into the Exchequer than the bottom 50% [whose contribution would have tobe only £0.32 billion as opposed to the £17.1 your assertion creates for yournumbers to work] when these very numbers totally undermine that assertion [be honest,you failed even GCSE Maths, didn’t YOU]?
Don't embarrass yourself anymore by trying to debate with meon this. I am right.
Willing yourself to be RIGHT worked well for Hitler for a whiledidn’t it, but don’t your own statistics very completely CRUSH your rationalein a similar manner to the way Stalin’s willingness to sacrifice 25 millionUSSR citizens destroyed the NAZIS?
Though I’m notdenying that the top 1% pay many times more individually than the bottom 50%aren’t THEY also the beneficiaries of a very diverse array of taxavoidance loopholes for example National Insurance contributions stop at afixed figure so that someone on £300 a week is paying a higher percentage of NIon their wage {up to £42.475k 9%, then only 2% of income above that threshold} thansomeone on £3000 a week/WHY?
In stark contrast areyou denying that the bottom 50% trapped in the PAYE system having very fewoptions with regard to escaping taxation?
If 1 person pays £42bn, and 50 people pay £16bnthen: £16bn/50 = 0.32. £42bn/0.32 = 131.

Though Maths is very veryobviously not your forte, you and I KNOW that that 131 times more assertionwith regard to the upper 1% in comparison to the bottom 50%’s annual payment tothe Exchequer is GARBAGE [£42 billion divided by £17,1 billion = 2.45]isn’t it, as underlined by the so pathetic “Creative Accounting” exercise aboveto so very very desperately stand up your crazy numbers [but you weren’texpecting anyone to challenge you on them, were YOU]?
Unfortunately I don't have the time orpatience to respond to all your questions.
Don’tyou mean headlong flight from REALITY is the only mode you KNOW as thefactual basis of my rationale/questions is easily verifiable, isn’t it [ormaybe this medium is too technical for YOU is it]?
QUOTE=;27863471]What I will say isthat my calculation stands correct. When looking at tax receipts you need toconsider the per person contribution.
If 1 person pays £50, and 50 peoplepay £1 each, the 1 person has contributed 50 times the amount that each of thoseothers has. It is you that's applying creative accounting to suggest that thedenominator in this calculation is irrelevant. [/QUOTE] Sowhere have you factored in the number of people that make up the top 1% oftaxpayers v the number of people that make up the bottom 50% and where did youget those statistics from?
Aren’t YOU veryvery desperately clutching at straws/barely numerate or are you going toexplain how the numerator/£42 billion divided by the denominator/£17.1 billioncould EVER highlight that the UK’s top 1% of taxpayers are paying 131 timesmore into the Exchequer than the bottom 50% [whose contribution would have tobe only £0.32 billion as opposed to the £17.1 your assertion creates for yournumbers to work] when these very numbers totally undermine that assertion [be honest,you failed even GCSE Maths, didn’t YOU]?

Don't embarrass yourself anymore by trying to debate with meon this. I am right.
Willing yourself to be RIGHT worked well for Hitler for a whiledidn’t it, but don’t your own statistics very completely CRUSH your rationalein a similar manner to the way Stalin’s willingness to sacrifice 25 millionUSSR citizens destroyed the NAZIS?
Though I’m notdenying that the top 1% pay many times more individually than the bottom 50%aren’t THEY also the beneficiaries of a very diverse array of taxavoidance loopholes for example National Insurance contributions stop at afixed figure so that someone on £300 a week is paying a higher percentage of NIon their wage {up to £42.475k 9%, then only 2% of income above that threshold} thansomeone on £3000 a week/WHY?
In stark contrast areyou denying that the bottom 50% trapped in the PAYE system having very fewoptions with regard to escaping taxation?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed

This FIASCO started when I responded [below] in this thread where the figures being projected and promoted as TRUTH don't withstand any rational evaluation, do THEY?

However this jumbling of my posts [above] has been happening consistently for some time now.
Does Britain Need the Rich????

According to the BBC the top 1% of income tax payers pay 27% of all income tax. Roughly £42bn.
In contrast the bottom 50% of income tax payers pay only 11% or £16bn.
So the top 1% contribute 131 times the tax that the bottom 50% contribute.
So the conclusion seems simple to me. Britain would be in a far worse place if the top 1% left the country.
The question is:
How much more can we tax the top 1% before they decide to leave the country?
Does the public even care if the rich leave the country?
onedayone;27853143 said:
According to the BBC the top 1% of income tax payers pay 27% of all income tax. Roughly £42bn.
onedayone;27853143 said:
In contrast the bottom 50% of income tax payers pay only 11% or £16bn.
I hope you’re not an accountant because your numbers aren’t balancing are they?
Assuming that your £42 billion top 1% figure is correct giving an income tax total income to the Exchequer of £155.56 billion, isn’t it also a fact that the 11% contribution to that total would actually be £17.! billion as oppose to the £16 billion you’ve stated?
;27853143 said:
So the top 1% contribute 131 times the tax that the bottom 50% contribute.
Where has this 131 times figure come from in stark contrast to your own numbers highlighting that the top 1% are actually paying 1.58 times more towards the Exchequer’s income than the bottom 50% [£42 billion divided by £17.1 billion], nice try though?
;27853143 said:
So the conclusion seems simple to me.
;27853143 said:
Britain would be in a far worse place if the top 1% left the country. The question is:
;27853143 said:
Aren’t YOU aware of the fact that but for Maggie [Margaret Thatcher was the UK's first and only woman Prime Minister from 1979-1989] changing the legislation with regard to moving money out of the UK, THEY wouldn’t have had the option with regard to legally moving large sums out of the country in the first place?
Isn’t it also a fact that the families whose ancestors were given their land post 1066 by William the Conquerer STILL own over 90% of the land in the UK today or are you asserting that the landed gentry are considering selling up their estates and moving abroad so as to evade income tax?
;27853143 said:
Does the public even care if the rich leave the country?
How would the public caring one way or the other affect the decisions that these people especially the Banksters and high level financial fraudsters/hedge fund managers etc make [aren’t YOU being somewhat naïve or are you just hoping that we are]?

This post wasn't played with so maybe it depends on which censor/moderator is on shift, eh?

quote_icon.png

According to the BBC the top 1% of income tax payers pay 27% of all income tax. Roughly £42bn.​

In contrast the bottom 50% of income tax payers pay only 11% or £16bn.​

I hope you’re not an accountant because your numbers aren’t balancing are they?
Assuming that your £42 billion billion top 1% figure is correct giving an income tax total income to the Exchequer of £155.56 billion, isn’t it also a fact that the 11% contribution to that total would actually be £17.! billion as oppose to the £16 billion you’ve stated?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ;27853143

So the top 1% contribute 131 times the tax that the bottom 50% contribute.​

Where is this 131 times figure coming from in stark contrast to your own numbers highlighting that the top 1% are actually paying 2.45 times more towards the Exchequer’s income than the bottom 50% [£42 billion divided by £17.1 billion], nice try though?

quote_icon.png

So the conclusion seems simple to me. Britain would be in a far worse place if the top 1% left the country.​

quote_icon.png
The question is:​

Aren’t YOU aware of the fact that but for Maggie [the UK's first and only woman Prime Minister from 1979-1989] changing the legislation with regard to moving money out of the UK, THEY wouldn’t have had the option with regard to legally moving large sums out of the country in the first place?

Isn’t it also a fact that the families whose ancestors were given their land post 1066 by William the Conquerer STILL own over 90% of the land in the UK today or are you asserting that the landed gentry are considering selling up their estates and moving abroad so as to evade income tax?

quote_icon.png

Does the public even care if the rich leave the country?​

How would the public caring one way or the other affect the decisions that these people especially the Banksters and high level financial fraudsters/hedge fund managers make [aren’t YOU being somewhat naïve or are you just hoping that we are]?

onedayone;27863471 said:
I'm gonna tell you one last time that it's a per capita contribution ***Edit by Admin***
onedayone;27863471 said:
Ill repeat, if 1 person pays £50, and 50 people pay £1 each, the 1 person has paid 50 times the other 50 people.
Get yourself a calculator and pen and work the numbers.
;27863471 said:
Oh and Phd in Maths and computer programming. What are your qualifications?
onedayone;27863471 said:
I'm gonna tell you one last time that it's a per capita contribution ***Edit by Admin***
onedayone;27863471 said:
Ill repeat, if 1 person pays £50, and 50 people pay £1 each, the 1 person has paid 50 times the other 50 people.
Get yourself a calculator and pen and work the numbers.
Where is the Rocket Science in using the very numbers that you’ve posted as part of your assertion to hit you on the head with [I truly don’t know how accurate your figures re the Exchequer are]?
Assuming that your £42 billion top 1% figure is correct [as 27% of the income tax paid] giving an income tax total income to the Exchequer of £155.56 billion, isn’t it also a fact that the 11% contribution to that total would actually be £17.1 billion as opposed to the £16 billion you’ve stated?
Still using your numbers £17.1 billion divided by 50 = £0.342 billion
Thus £42 billion divided by £0.342 = 122.8 not 131 doesn’t it?
Don’t your own numbers also highlight that the total contribution to the Exchequer of the top 1% v the bottom 50% [£42 billion divided by £17,1 billion = 2.45] is actually 2.45 times more, whereas your 131 times is at best misleading isn’t it [wouldn’t 131 x £17.1 billion mean the top 1% contributing £2240 billion to the Exchequer]?
Though I’m not denying that the top 1% pay many times more individually than the bottom 50% aren’t THEY also the beneficiaries of a very diverse array of tax avoidance loopholes for example National Insurance contributions stop at a fixed figure so that someone on £300 a week is paying a higher percentage of NI on their wage {up to £42.475k 9%, then only 2% of income above that threshold} than someone on £3000 a week/WHY?
In stark contrast are you denying that the bottom 50% trapped in the PAYE system having very few options with regard to escaping taxation?
;27863471 said:
Oh and Phd in Maths and computer programming. What are your qualifications?
Where did you buy them [those qualificatios] as a mere Mechanical Technician/HNC [with 36 years of work experience including a solo design patent for Xerox’s Photocopier Research and Devolopment] as opposed to even an Engineering graduate is highlighting that your rationale is at best fundamentally flawed manipulative GARBAGE, isn’t it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back