Amun-Ra : Celibacy at Issue?

Amun-Ra ... thanks for this one. When I first saw it, I thought, just like Amun-Ra to bring the difficult issues to the table.

I think to assume that celibacy is the issue, these men would be breaking their vows by having indiscriminate sex with adult women, but that's not the case. They are choosing children. This points to a much greater issue than celibacy can cause. These are sick people that probably can't be cured (though I have heard of drugs that reduce one's desire for sex in general ... or surgical removal of the penis and scrotum may do it as well). At any rate, extreme measures are called for. This whole pedophile issue is growing, with the Internet. I don't think it's growing any more than any other deviant behaviour, but the Internet has provided a medium where they can remain somewhat anonymous, while fulfilling their desires.

Amun-Ra, you had written an article before about adults within a family, taking advantage of the children sexually. You mentioned that this is nothing new and even outside the church, it's always been a hushed and not acted on event. It's sad to say, there are Mothers aware that their daughters are and/or have been violated by their husbands/boyfriends ... yet they remain with them.

Yes, it's all over our community ... so very sad.

Kitana ... I posted a link in the open forum and am going to share it here too, in regard to a web site that lists convicted sexual predators that may be living in your community. While the priests that have been allowed to do this, may not be found on this site ... there are others who are not so priviledged abusers, that are listed.

You can click on your state, enter your county or zip code and see pictures, names, addresses, etc., of the convicted sexual predators living in your neighborhood.

Of course I've checked mine out and was surprised there are so many!

http://www.apbonline.com/resourcecenter/sexoffender/

:heart:

Destee

Destee

Thank you for the link..I think that having databases such as these available for the public to view is the least the government and justice system, can do to stop or at least make people aware of, the sexual predators within their community...

I know here in Australia it caused a lot of hue and cry when it was first suggested for each state to provide it's people with more or less the same sort of database...their plan was to provide all relevant details as well as photos...the opposition to the formation of these databases was overwhelming, and I know the motion was held up and put forward and put to the side so many times....I'm still not sure if it up and running in all states, but you have renewed my interest so I will endeavour to find out more about it...

even today after reading your reply, I went and done a bit of surfing and was amazed to see how many groups are associated with paedophiles on the internet...I don't mean to sound crude or to seem to make light of such a serious subject, but it almost seems as if the internet serves as more or less as a gourmet take-away for paedophiles...children are more or less ready and waiting for their choosing...and their access to them (the children) is unlimited...they can masquerade under a cloak of deceit and no-one is any the wiser...

it is definitely a sad situation when parents have to monitor their childs every movement, and every activity, like never before, to keep them safe..no longer is there such a thing as an "innocent childhood"...

K

Kitana !!! I didn't know you were in Australia !!! I thought you were in California !!! Lawwwwddd ... well now ... :) ... seems like it oughtta mean something significant or change the way we talk to each other or sump'n ... but nothing feels different ... still seems like you're right down the hall like always! :wink:

I'll come back and post to this topic ... I'm kinda tired now ... goodnight. :)

Destee

Acceptability

In some cultures men are allowed to have child brides who may be as young as 12 years old. We frown on it because of the innocence of the child, but it is not new. Unfortunately, some of these patterns have been established. However, in the United States there is no excuse. Thanks for the links. It all over the country and these predators hide in positions of responsibility and importance and that is precisely what gives them the access they so desire. It also gives them the power of authority to keep things quiet.

The church is hardly a new haven for these predators. It just seems worse that a man of the cloth would be one of these people but we know that rank nor station have no affect on those who are involved in these activities. The church's main problem is in covering it up and hiding those who are guilty in the misguided notion that these people can be cured.

No, celibacy is an easy target for the media and for shallow discusion, but in reality it has nothing to do with this type of abuse.

Ra

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back