Black People : Celebrating Light Black people

.......sister, sister, sister...there was absolutely no need for you to respond to that person, really. You said nothing like what he implied...smh. This causes me to wonder why we waste our time arguing with him...smh. I can't figure it out for the life of me, cherryblossom. Ima try very hard, without using my ignore button, to do just that...ignore him. But I can tell you were raised right, like me and usually speak when spoken to, good ole home training. Oh well, just wanted you to know he assaulted you with words untrue...Peace In,

more shukin and jivin?

do you use Destee as your personal note post or do you have a person to commemorate

Elijah Muhammad 01.jpg

"First, my people must be taught the knowledge of self.
Then and only then will they be able to understand others and that which surrounds them. Anyone who does not have a knowledge of self is considered a victim of either amnesia or unconsciousness and is not very competent. The lack of knowledge of self is a prevailing condition among my people here in America. Gaining the knowledge of self makes us unite into a great unity. Knowledge of self makes you take on the great virtue of learning."
Honorable Elijah Muhammad

61456.jpg

On December 1, 1955 in Montgomery, Alabama, Parks refused to obey bus driver James Blake's order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger. Her action was not the first its kind, but unlike previous individual actions of civil disobedience it sparked the Montgomery Bus Boycott. This movement turned Parks into an international icon of resistance to racial segregation and launched boycott leader Martin Luther King, Jr. to national prominence in the civil rights movement. Parks eventually received honours ranging from the 1979 Spingarn Medal to a posthumous statue in the United States Capitol's National Statuary Hall.

At the time of her action, Parks was secretary of the Montgomery chapter of the NAACP and had recently attended the Highlander Folk School, a Tennessee centre for workers' rights and racial equality. Nonetheless, she took her action as a private citizen "tired of giving in". Although widely honored in later years for her action, she also suffered for it, losing her job as a seamstress in a local department store. Eventually, she moved to Detroit, Michigan, where she found similar work.

http://schools-wikipedia.org/wp/r/Rosa_Parks.htm

ThurgoodMarshall_000.jpg

Thurgood Marshall (July 2, 1908 – January 24, 1993) was an American jurist and the first African American to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States. Before becoming a judge, he was a lawyer who was best remembered for his high success rate in arguing before the Supreme Court and for the victory in Brown v. Board of Education. He was nominated to the court by President Lyndon Johnson in 1967.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thurgood_Marshall

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back