Black Money Business Jobs : Cease Your Cell Bill using WIFI

Therious

BANNED
Feb 22, 2004
Do you have a smart phone? If you do how often do you use WIFI? WIFI works weather or not you have cell service,meaning you could purchase a smart phone or use the one you have and use SKYPE or Google Voice,or any of the other voice Over IP apps out the on your smart phone.WIFI allows you to surf the web with no charge even if you have a cell plan,so why purchase unlimited data unless you are on the road constantly? Why purchase cell service at all with WIFI hot spots becoming more and more popular?

Personally I use SKYPE,$2.99 monthly for unlimited land line and cell phone calling US and Canada. using iphone 4, I installed the SKYPE app ,calls only work in WIFI hot spots and at home where I have WIFI. I keep a back up pre-paid phone about $10 mo for emergency or quick conversations.SKYPE forwards all calls to my prepaid. $13 per month I pay for my cell , txt, and data usage including my SKYPE subscription and my pre-paid phone.

What about texting? use a free text app in droid or iphone, they're out there. I use TEXTPLUS in the iphone app store (in droid too).

what about gps? buy a gps,probably find a cheap one online or craigslist.

Convenience? yes cell service is more convenient,I can't have long conversations on the road unless i pull over to a WIFI spot (McDonalds,Burger King,Panera Bread,Star Bucks,Home Depot,Lowes,Libraries,Amtrak Train stations,Bus Stations,Airports)

PRO's? however if I hit a hot spot I can talk a long as i want for free,at home I can call any where any phone for free using my WIFI.

Give up my cell phone? Don't have too,you can combine SKYPE with your service,then reduce e your service and your charges!

Bottom Line---i used to pay $89.00 (not even discussing overages,taxes,and fees) a month,now i pay $13.00 a month,it takes more discipline but I love the savings.

Bottom line,

Cell companies are losing customers and reducing prices because they know the trend,the WIFI trend. Cities like NYC are already discussing putting in massive WIFI networks starting in downtown areas. Many restaurants,companies,services,and schools have public WIFI. While it is a challenge many times finding public WIFI,it is becoming more common,buses,airplanes,and trains now carry WIFI for the public, WIFI hot spots are becoming "the cool thing" and will continue to grow,as will that cell bill.

Google Voice has free calls and you usually only have to pay once for a decent app that can use it.

Using it as a voicemail service for the line itself can be problematic with the prepaid options because it seems like some of them aren't letting customers do conditional forwardings (busy, no answer etc). It's not too big a deal but it means I have two voicemail boxes instead of a single one.

13/month is a great price but for a bit more and well less than 90 bucks a month you could probably find a provider that gives you few minutes but a crap load of data. T-Mobile offers this in my area and it's pretty handy for spotty wifi coverage or when public wifi is slow.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back