Black People : CDC: Travelers from West Africa to U.S. will be monitored for 21 days for Ebola

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced that public health authorities will begin active post-arrival monitoring of travelers whose travel originates in Liberia, Sierra Leone, or Guinea. These travelers are now arriving to the United States at one of five airports where entry screening is being conducted by Customs and Border Protection and CDC. Active post-arrival monitoring means that travelers without febrile illness or symptoms consistent with Ebola will be followed up daily by state and local health departments for 21 days from the date of their departure from West Africa. Six states (New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, and Georgia), where approximately 70% of incoming travelers are headed, have already taken steps to plan and implement active post-arrival monitoring which will begin on Monday, October 27. Active post-arrival monitoring will begin in the remaining states in the days following. CDC is providing assistance with active post-arrival monitoring to state and local health departments, including information on travelers arriving in their states, and upon request, technical support, consultation and funding.

Active post-arrival monitoring is an approach in which state and local health officials maintain daily contact with all travelers from the three affected countries for the entire 21 days following their last possible date of exposure to Ebola virus. Twenty-one days is the longest time it can take from the time a person is infected with Ebola until that person has symptoms of Ebola.

http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2014/p1022-post-arrival-monitoring.html

Hello and greetings to everyone! I know this thread has been inactive but I wanted to share what I know from the perspective of someone living outside of America.

I wrote a blog called Senegal is Ebola Free and you are welcome to see what we have done in this country to contain it WITHOUT the help of the white man and his/her drugs. Contrary to popular (American) belief, they are not the only ones that went to medical school! There are very good, excellent doctors here in Senegal and that is why we have remained virtually untouched by the virus and in fact there was a Guinean young man, a college student that came here for treatment. He was successfully treated and released in time to go back to school in the fall! Unfortunately our doctors can no longer take patients from other countries because again, the US media propaganda machine will go into full hype mode again and try to paint this country as a zombie apocalypse nation... and the CDC will join in with their nonsense and make predictions of 'tens of thousands of victims' when in fact there one only one young man.

It's sad, juvenile and ridiculous. 1 person, 2 people, 10 people don't make an epidemic. The flu shots that kill people every year, the vaccines that cause autism, that's what the masses should be worried about. Ebola is being 'handled' our way and more people actually have LIVED than have died from the disease - but they don't tell you that do they?

Start at the bottom and go to the top, don't forget.. it's a blog, start at the bottom and go to the top.

I would like to post the link here but because I am new, I am barred from posting. Thanks for your time and attention, it is a pleasure to join in your discussions.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back