Black People : CB4: Cuz I'm black yall

Ikoro

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 23, 2006
Peace Destee fam, did you guys see CB4?

I remember that movie well, I saw it when I was young and thought it was off the chain. Then I grew up (meaning: I turned 17) and realized it was a failure. Catering to white folks stereotypes and having them laugh at us, and not with us (can you say "CHAPELLE"?).

I still laugh hard when I see this though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq-EdsgeO1A&feature=related

Some of the satire was funny, even if it had a bitter after-taste.

We need a song like that! :10900:

One.

- Ikoro

saw this back when it came out in the movies

CB4 was one of the FUNNIEST movie i'd ever seen

it was OVER THE TOP

i don't think it catered to white folk stereotypes per se

but it was funny

and it was meant to over the top because of chris rock's character being/playing

more than he could handle

Peace Bootzey.

Now, I think I must lift an eyebrow at your term "negroisms", although I see (semantically) see your point.

CB4 was hardly full of what you just called it, wasn't it made by and for white folks? I mean, I don't see Chris Rock, as intelligent as he is, thinking he is going to uplift his Afrikan community by making fun of our problems and delinquents (gangsta rap, promiscuity etc).

Rather, I can't help but feel it was a bit trendy at the time, to portray so called blacks the way whites want to see them. Gun toting, anti-Self and fighting amongst each other.

Again, there were plenty of jokes that white folks didn't completely get... like the video I posted. Why I laugh is probably for the same reason the white people laughed, it looks darn funny to see a brother on screen shouting "cuz I'm blikety black yall" and try to pass it for a song. BUT, it filled me with plenty of pride, a sense of bitterness and a yearning for that kind music on the charts. Dig?

But then again, I'm not sure who's behind the movie or what demographic it was targeted for over there in the US. You might be right :)

Peace So'ja.

One.

- Ikoro

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back