Black People Politics : Cause for Worry

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by willa, Dec 22, 2014.

1. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +299
    Peaceful demonstrations bring the conscience of the public to sympathize with black issues for change.

But violence closes the minds of people. Lets take a look from the beginning. Burning down and looting black businesses: I didn't see any white people going in and setting on fire businesses or stealing the products that local people bought to sell. One business owner said it took him six years to save the money to open his business as others said it took all they had to open their business.

What's to say that a Klansman might have been on the street handing out matches. See how that can work? Well probably not, but I can imagine all thirteen of them were over at the high pubah's house watching, drinking beer and burping between cheers.

Destroying police cars, well it's going to be a while before the police can get to grandma's now when she thinks somebody is breaking in to do her harm. And some don't want police in their neighborhood? Okay, take them out. Who is going to protect the residents, which is what the job is most of the time. What does anybody think will become of that neighborhood?

"Kill the cops"? So now what we're walking into is not a proactive police force but a reactive police force that will not want to hurry in and protect anyone when he rather make sure he gets home to his own family safely.

What would you say the PR is around the world now concerning what the other races have been seeing on TV. I would say, if the violence doesn't stop, good will, will be lost.

Why do I worry? Because I know this is going to bring hate down on my beloved family at school or maybe where ever they go. Because there is going to be those who pick their excuse up for racism again when there was peace outwardly before this "cop killing" mentality took up.

What is the worst case scenario? How many black haters are there out there who will take a fight to the entire police force, and create a civil war?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
  3. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
  4. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    First, the “conscience of the public” isn’t killing black people, cops are.

Second, if violence closes the minds of the people, their minds should have been closed against cops a long time ago. While I agree that burning down and looting businesses is unacceptable, carnage is sometimes necessary to get the attention of those who can affect positive change. Otherwise, the status quo continues, unhindered.

Third, the so called “good cops” understand that the protests and demonstrations aren’t about them, it’s about the bad cops…the ones who are killing black people JUST BECAUSE. Until those bad cops are made to fear for their own lives, the killing will continue. HOW DO WE GET THEM TO FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES? Unfortunately, it requires some of their lives. WILL KILLING A FEW COPS IGNITE A CIVIL WAR? I doubt it. They’re the ones who started the killing and, obviously, they’re not worried about starting a civil war.

I understand your worry for your loved ones, I worry for mine, as well. Should that worry paralyze our actions? If so, are we not defeated before we begin? And…is that fear to force us to succumb to the present threat to today’s black youth: a police force out-of-control.

What does allowing such killings to continue without a response say about us?

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,742
    turns out the po po was tracking the cell phone and so THEY KNEW WHERE HE WAS.
    they didn't bother to pick him up.
    then they want to blame it on errrbody.

it's they OWN fault.

6. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928