Namibia : Castro reveals role in Angola, Namibia independence

Unknown_Soulja said:
Utter and absolute BULL**** (excuse my french) !! How do you say that with such conviction? They had their hands tied fighting other battles like Apartheid!! Do you know how much African countries were spending on fighting Apartheid in South Africa alone? Let me put it to you like this:
Nothing done by any American for Apartheid South Africa reaches a tenth of the sacrifice done by the Average African. Tanzanians were admitting south Africans like there was no tommorrow. DId you know how many ANC meetings were done in Zambia, Bothswana and Zimbabwe? Did you hear of South African black males trained in Angola? Did you know that the death of the Mozambiqan president was related to his antiapartheid stance? Nigeria revoked the license of British Barclays bank, withdrew its reserves in the Bank and threatened oil Embargo on America in 1976!! That led to the the then president of Nigeria Murder of Murtala Mohammed, when he refused entry of Henry Kissinger into Nigeria. Lets find facts before we start making condescending, and almost even "oh you hopeless" remarks!!

Utter bull****. If you want to talk about facts make sure you have yours in order before you jump to conclusions about what I stand for.

I said that its a shame that no African nations came to the Aid of Angola, granted some African nations did stand up to the Apartheid regime in South Africa, but I'm talking about within the context of Cuban Intervention in Angola.

The bottom line is this, Africa is divided along ethnic and religious lines, and it is for this very reason she is NOT united. In short if black folks in Africa put down their petty differences we wouldn't have needed the Cubans to fight out wars for us.

We have slavery in Mauritania and Sudan, but how many African heads of state have raised it as an issue before the United Nations, yet we have an African from Ghana running the UN?

Sekhemu said:
Utter bull****. If you want to talk about facts make sure you have yours in order before you jump to conclusions about what I stand for.

I said that its a shame that no African nations came to the Aid of Angola, granted some African nations did stand up to the Apartheid regime in South Africa, but I'm talking about within the context of Cuban Intervention in Angola.

The bottom line is this, Africa is divided along ethnic and religious lines, and it is for this very reason she is NOT united. In short if black folks in Africa put down their petty differences we wouldn't have needed the Cubans to fight out wars for us.
Utter BULL**** my brother. I present evidence here:
"During the transition period, foreign powers were becoming increasingly involved as the situation in Angola rapidly expanded into an East-West power struggle. In late January, a high-level United States government policy-making body authorized a grant of US$300,000 to the pro-Western FNLA, which at the time seemed to be the strongest of the three movements. In March the Soviet Union countered by increasing arms deliveries to the MPLA, and by midJuly that group had become appreciably stronger militarily. Alarmed, the United States increased funding to the FNLA and, for the first time, funded UNITA. Cuba, which had been aiding the MPLA since the mid-1960s, sent military instructors in the late spring of 1975. By early October, more Cuban military personnel had arrived, this time primarily combat troops; their total then probably reached between 1,100 and 1,500.

In April the presidents of Zambia, Tanzania, and Botswana decided to support Savimbi as leader of an Angolan government of national unity, believing that UNITA attracted the widest popular support in Angola. Savimbi also had the support of some francophone states and of Nigeria and Ghana. Some of these countries later withdrew that support when the OAU pleaded for reconciliation and adherence to the Alvor Agreement."

http://countrystudies.us/angola/36.htm
We have slavery in Mauritania and Sudan, but how many African heads of state have raised it as an issue before the United Nations, yet we have an African from Ghana running the UN?
To answer your Question, you must remember africans have and continue to suffer from colonialism. Painful as slavery is to those of us on this side of the ocean, it will be tackled once they can sought out European exploitation in Africa.

Unknown_Soulja said:
Utter BULL**** my brother. I present evidence here:
"During the transition period, foreign powers were becoming increasingly involved as the situation in Angola rapidly expanded into an East-West power struggle. In late January, a high-level United States government policy-making body authorized a grant of US$300,000 to the pro-Western FNLA, which at the time seemed to be the strongest of the three movements. In March the Soviet Union countered by increasing arms deliveries to the MPLA, and by midJuly that group had become appreciably stronger militarily. Alarmed, the United States increased funding to the FNLA and, for the first time, funded UNITA. Cuba, which had been aiding the MPLA since the mid-1960s, sent military instructors in the late spring of 1975. By early October, more Cuban military personnel had arrived, this time primarily combat troops; their total then probably reached between 1,100 and 1,500.

In April the presidents of Zambia, Tanzania, and Botswana decided to support Savimbi as leader of an Angolan government of national unity, believing that UNITA attracted the widest popular support in Angola. Savimbi also had the support of some francophone states and of Nigeria and Ghana. Some of these countries later withdrew that support when the OAU pleaded for reconciliation and adherence to the Alvor Agreement."

http://countrystudies.us/angola/36.htm

To answer your Question, you must remember africans have and continue to suffer from colonialism. Painful as slavery is to those of us on this side of the ocean, it will be tackled once they can sought out European exploitation in Africa.

Excuse me, but you haven't said anything that I don't already know.

Again, if the African were united there would be no reason for any assistance from outside the continent.

You're a new member here, perhaps you aren't familiar with the threads I've dedicated to this problem and others, such as slavery in Africa, in the Pan-African forum.

The European and the Arab have never been a slave to Africa, but I'm tired of us making excuses about why we don't come to each others aid. That my "brotha' is what I call "utter bull****.

We can go on and on, and round and round all day on this issue, but it's not changing the condition in Africa.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back