Black People : Carribean sambo says he hates "african americans" to impress whiteys

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Aljahiz, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Aljahiz

Aljahiz Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
  2. MarchoftheLions

MarchoftheLions Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Why? Because in this video he made blanket statements and generalizations? Sounds familiar to me :spin:

3. Aljahiz

Aljahiz Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    you must be pretty naive and stupid...this guy made this video to impress other people, nothing more nothing less

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Brother Aljahiz,

WARNING!

Rule # 1. RESPECT IS NUMBER ONE IN OUR HOUSE - Respect for yourself, each Member of this Family, their opinions, and the peace we've been blessed with. No personal attacks will be tolerated. If in our opinion, you are being disrespectful, it will be dealt with accordingly, up to and including being banned.

FORUM RULES

*edited - "Calling Members out of their name is not allowed here. This will be your last warning, as you will be banned next time."*

:heart:

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    He's speaking like he has sour stomach :10700: . His hatred for AA's is too intense for my tastes. Jerks like him in our communities are part of the reason for the so-called Black flight.

6. MarchoftheLions

MarchoftheLions Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG]

Back on topic:

You do know that pretty much all of his videos are satire, right? He's only made around one or two "out of character" videos. So there's no telling about this one.

7. Aljahiz

Aljahiz Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    its one thing too talk about somebody because you want them too improve...its another thing to talk about somebody too impress OTHER people because they like to hear you talk about black people

8. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Satire is meant to criticize, and cuts deepest when it hits close to home. For the most part, I think Mr Pregnant is.. interesting. Down right funny sometimes. Often extremely dramatic and over the top - but cut out all the name calling and swearing - he isnt really saying anything new.

In this African American piece, it wasnt being said to "impress whitey" - he "took on the character" of a SELLOUT to make a point. To put it in some context, this video was made as response to his first video about disliking rap - he received an enormous negative response from Black people, so he filmed another "part 2" Rap is Garbage video to clarify what he meant. When THAT didnt go down well either, he made this one - claiming to be white.

Should mention he is not Carribean - he is Nigerian, living in New Jersey.

9. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
    Who told you that Zulile?

I don't know where hes from for a fact, but has a very strong Carribbean (I would guess Trinidadian) accent and absolutely no trace of a Nigerian accent unless hes an excellent voice mimic.

For the record I hate his so called humour, I've been to funerals I found funnier than this dimwit.

10. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I've heard his background mentioned a few times in various medias (US news/talkshows) - and when you watch/listen to his pieces that are not "comedy" - his accent is.. well, neither here nor there. (USA or Carribbean)

I know several Nigerians whose accents have adapted to their audeince - and while talking to fellow Nigerians, it's more pronounced.. much like the Scottish ;) well - like me, too!