Haiti : Carribbean's first Fully Solar Powered Hospital opens in Haiti

Alarm Clock

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 6, 2013
Partners-in-Health-Mirebalais-Haiti-Hospital-6-537x375.jpg
http://inhabitat.com/pihs-solar-pow...iti-merging-innovative-design-and-healthcare/

dunwiddat

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2012

This is a great stride the Haitians are making. Even China and a few other European countries are seriously into solar energy. Here in Barbados we have been using solar ene rgy for a few years now, but the level that Haiti is involved in is something that should encourage others to do. This is very innovative and with the high price of fossil fuel this should make Haiti's not dependent on fossil fuel. I would hope that the other Caribbean nations should follow suit. With sunshine all year round these countries should have been paving the way long time ago. Those countries that have winter are harmessing the sun and yet we have have not taken advantage of it. Kudos to Haiti do wish the country all the best, they have suffered so much this is one ray of hope for that nation.

Thanks for posting.

Kadijah

BANNED
Apr 7, 2013
With an anticipated 500 patients per day, Hôpital Universitaire de Mirebalais (HUM) will provide primary care services to over 185,000 people living in Mirebalais and its two neighboring communities. 80% of the country’s medical infrastructure was destroyed in the 2012 earthquake, so the hospital offers an opportunity to increase the standard of healthcare for thousands of Haitians while employing over 1,000 Haitian workers.

Read more: PIH's Solar-Powered Mirebalais Hospital Opens in Haiti, Merging Innovative Design and Healthcare | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building

80% of the medical infrastructure was destroyed during the quake? No wonder disease ran rampant afterwards.

At any rate, I concer with dunwiddat. I am so happy for this ray of hope in a country that has been so battered recently. Plus, as one living in a 4 seasons part of the U.S., I hadn't even thought how island countries like Haiti (and Barbados :) ) could benefit more than most from the year-round power of the sun.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Jahari Kavi's profile.
Hi Brother @Jahari Kavi ... Welcome Home! Good to see you! YAAAAAY Us! :love:
Destee wrote on Orisons's profile.
Hi Brother @Orisons ... good to see you in the house, stay safe always please :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.