Haiti : Carribbean's first Fully Solar Powered Hospital opens in Haiti

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Alarm Clock, May 25, 2013.

1. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
  2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

This is a great stride the Haitians are making. Even China and a few other European countries are seriously into solar energy. Here in Barbados we have been using solar ene rgy for a few years now, but the level that Haiti is involved in is something that should encourage others to do. This is very innovative and with the high price of fossil fuel this should make Haiti's not dependent on fossil fuel. I would hope that the other Caribbean nations should follow suit. With sunshine all year round these countries should have been paving the way long time ago. Those countries that have winter are harmessing the sun and yet we have have not taken advantage of it. Kudos to Haiti do wish the country all the best, they have suffered so much this is one ray of hope for that nation.

Thanks for posting.

3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    80% of the medical infrastructure was destroyed during the quake? No wonder disease ran rampant afterwards.

At any rate, I concer with dunwiddat. I am so happy for this ray of hope in a country that has been so battered recently. Plus, as one living in a 4 seasons part of the U.S., I hadn't even thought how island countries like Haiti (and Barbados :) ) could benefit more than most from the year-round power of the sun.