Black Spirituality Religion : CAROLINA CHURCH ASKS FOR WHITES ONLY

Thanks for the ... BOT ... This had gotten away from me, and I couldn't remember the title ... Somebody needs to send Pastor Makeda Pennycooke a copy of my book: Does Color Matter? :rofl:

If you're serious, I think the author should. lol

If some haven't read the news clip, she only wants white members to welcome the guests/members who come to the services.

I was shock to read it was a sistha.

If you're serious, I think the author should. lol

If some haven't read the news clip, she only wants white members to welcome the guests/members who come to the services.

I was shock to read it was a sistha.

Yeah, I saw that, it sounds like a black church trying to increase the collection plate in order to pay the bills, smh. The pastor did retract and apologize, which did little for the lady that got burnt.

I'm thinking she was probably "encouraged" to send the email so that if it didn't go over well they always had a fallback position. I imagine the encouragers motive was more financial than racial, but I wonder why she would want to be a part of growing a church full of people who would be offended by having a Black person greet them??

I'm thinking she was probably "encouraged" to send the email so that if it didn't go over well they always had a fallback position. I imagine the encouragers motive was more financial than racial, but I wonder why she would want to be a part of growing a church full of people who would be offended by having a Black person greet them??

For some reason I'm not sure it's a Black church. Its seems to me to be a mixed.church.

For some reason I'm not sure it's a Black church. Its seems to me to be a mixed.church.

My curiosity got the best of me, here it is; this white family, the senior pastors, started the Church and Makeda, it seems, felt the email was necessary to restore the "mid-line" of diversity. Black and Hispanic membership had surpassed the whites:

Senior-Pastors-Header-2.jpg

THE MAXWELL FAMILY

In early 2002, God asked Troy and Penny Maxwell to do something crazy: He asked them to leave all they knew in Richmond, Virginia, and start a church in a city they'd never even visited. From the moment they arrived in Charlotte, the Maxwells (and a small band of merry helpers) hit the ground running! Freedom House's doors opened in September 2002, and since then has become a fixture in North Charlotte. The Maxwells are excited about all God's doing in our wonderful city, and they're excited to keep doing God's excellent work in Charlotte and around the world.
Troy and Penny have been married since 1992. They're committed to each other and their three children: son Colby, and daughters Cabell and Cassidy. Their passion is to see you live up to God's fullest potential in you, and they're committed to encouraging vision and purpose in every person they meet.
The Maxwells are mentored and covered by Dennis and Colleen Rouse (senior pastors), and Pastor Darrell Mims (executive pastor of finance and administration) of Victory World Church in Atlanta, GA; and Pastor Steve Kelly (senior pastor) ofWave Church in Virginia Beach, VA.

http://freedomhouse.cc/pastors/

Its hard to say or prove that Troy and/or Penny insisted or encouraged Makeda to write the email. They very well could have had a meeting on it and Makeda was asked to write the email, or, Makeda took it upon herself to do it.

Makeda-2-218x240.jpg

Makeda Pennycooke
Executive Pastor of Operations

Tracie-3-218x240.jpg

Tracie Frank
Communications Director

Click this link to see the church staff, only two(2) blacks are on the leadership team:
http://freedomhouse.cc/team/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back