The Front Porch : Care To Introduce Yourself?

Have You Introduced Yourself (click here to do so)?

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 128 56.9%

• Total voters
Greetings, thanks for having me and best to all. I'm rather shy so please bear with me as I peruse the forums to find my personal niche.

:hello: @EverForward ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thank you for joining us and sharing!

Take your time getting comfortable with us.

We look forward to reading more of you!

Make yourself at home, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Greetings, thanks for having me and best to all. I'm rather shy so please bear with me as I peruse the forums to find my personal niche.

Welcome EverForward, and take your time acclimating to the site.

Hello everyone, I'm Troy Johnson and I run AALBC.com the largest, oldest, most frequently visited -- simply the baddest website dedicated to books written by, or about, Black people. :)

A couple of years ago someone posted on my discussion forum a listy of the Top 5 Discussion Forums. Destee was listed, deservedly as #1 (my site was #2). Sadly three of the 6 sites mention (the top 5 plus an honorable mention) are no longer active.

Over the last several years I've dropped my personal social media accounts and am focusing on participating on, Black owned, indie sites like Destee. The reality is either we use them or we lose them. I hope it is obvious that the likes of Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, will never, ever serve us.

:hello: @aalbc ... Welcome Welcome Welcome !!! ... :wave:

Thanks for checking in again and posting! :)

Your name / site was so familiar, and I had to do a bit of searching (@ destee.com of course) to find that you have been a Member for awhile, and your site has been mentioned often here. If my search is correct, you / your site was first introduced to us by author @Delores Thornton years ago! Yes, it jogged my memory and it is good your effort is still among the living out here on the Internet. You are right, so many have died. It's always been a concern of mine, losing so many great black sites. I have a thread on it here : Black Web Sites That Have Died ... :( ... but after 20+ years of doing this, I suppose deaths are to be expected - though it was an issue long before we got this old.

It is not easy to maintain a site for a long time so my hat is off to you .... :toast1:

I have joined https://aalbc.com and I encourage everyone to do the same.

I read the thread highlighting destee.com and it was a nice walk down memory lane, reading that kindness again. Thanks for sharing it.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back