The Front Porch : Care To Introduce Yourself?

Have You Introduced Yourself (click here to do so)?

• Yes

Votes: 91 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 57.7%

• Total voters

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello everyone, I'm Troy Johnson and I run AALBC.com the largest, oldest, most frequently visited -- simply the baddest website dedicated to books written by, or about, Black people. :)

A couple of years ago someone posted on my discussion forum a listy of the Top 5 Discussion Forums. Destee was listed, deservedly as #1 (my site was #2). Sadly three of the 6 sites mention (the top 5 plus an honorable mention) are no longer active.

Over the last several years I've dropped my personal social media accounts and am focusing on participating on, Black owned, indie sites like Destee. The reality is either we use them or we lose them. I hope it is obvious that the likes of Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, will never, ever serve us.

:hello: @aalbc ... Welcome Welcome Welcome !!! ... :wave:

Thanks for checking in again and posting! :)

Your name / site was so familiar, and I had to do a bit of searching (@ destee.com of course) to find that you have been a Member for awhile, and your site has been mentioned often here. If my search is correct, you / your site was first introduced to us by author @Delores Thornton years ago! Yes, it jogged my memory and it is good your effort is still among the living out here on the Internet. You are right, so many have died. It's always been a concern of mine, losing so many great black sites. I have a thread on it here : Black Web Sites That Have Died ... :( ... but after 20+ years of doing this, I suppose deaths are to be expected - though it was an issue long before we got this old.

It is not easy to maintain a site for a long time so my hat is off to you .... :toast1:

I have joined https://aalbc.com and I encourage everyone to do the same.

I read the thread highlighting destee.com and it was a nice walk down memory lane, reading that kindness again. Thanks for sharing it.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant

nzuri

Sep 16, 2019
Hello Everyone,

My name is Desree Crooks, and the name of my business is Nzuri Books. I chose this name because it means beautiful in the Swahili language (the name alone sounds so beautiful) and our children are exactly that,
they need to hear this more often than none. I am an author of Afrocentric children's books among other things. I started this educational company which is blacked owned and will remain black-owned.

Keep an eye on me and watch how I will turn this business into a multi-million dollar educational empire.

Too, many times in our community, we have so many great ideas and it is nothing for some of us to give it away freely or sell it without giving it a second thought. So, where does that leave our children? I am glad to be here to learn as well as to give information where possible. Being a part of a forum such as this allows me the opportunity to know what people are thinking and saying and to get real feedback. My website is www.nzuribooks.com

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Hello Everyone,

My name is Desree Crooks, and the name of my business is Nzuri Books. I chose this name because it means beautiful in the Swahili language. I am an author of Afrocentric children's books. I started an educational company which is blacked owned and will remain black-owned.

Too, many times in our community, we have so many great ideas and it is nothing for some of us to give it away freely or sell it without giving it a second thought. So, where does that leave our children? I am glad to be here to learn as well as to give information where possible. Being a part of a forum such as this allows me the opportunity to know what people are thinking and saying and to get real feedback.

Welcome nzuri (Desree Crooks) its a plum pleasing pleasure to have you join us, enjoy your stay.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Everyone,

My name is Desree Crooks, and the name of my business is Nzuri Books. I chose this name because it means beautiful in the Swahili language. I am an author of Afrocentric children's books. I started an educational company which is blacked owned and will remain black-owned.

Too, many times in our community, we have so many great ideas and it is nothing for some of us to give it away freely or sell it without giving it a second thought. So, where does that leave our children? I am glad to be here to learn as well as to give information where possible. Being a part of a forum such as this allows me the opportunity to know what people are thinking and saying and to get real feedback.

:hello: @nzuri ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing! ... :flowers:

Congratulations on your work ... :read:

I look forward to reading more from you.

Please make yourself at home!

Much Love and Peace!

:heart:

Destee

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Happily Married and doing well❤
Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!