The Front Porch : Care To Introduce Yourself?

Have You Introduced Yourself (click here to do so)?

• Yes

Votes: 92 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 125 57.6%

• Total voters

⌡ustTinkerbell

Aug 9, 2019
Hello everyone :hello: ,

My name is Jenn,

I've been roaming cyberspace (since msn groups went the way of the west) searching for a spot to chill with like minded individuals.

I do believe I can now unpack my bags & relax. :10200:

I'm a passionate reader (more mystery & spy stuff) & I enjoy dabbling at writing, sewing, paint shop pro.

I am ecstatic to be here & look forward to engaging in conversations with everyone. :thumbsup:

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

My name is Jenn,

I've been roaming cyberspace (since msn groups went the way of the west) searching for a spot to chill with like minded individuals.

I'm a passionate reader (more mystery & spy stuff) & I enjoy dabbling at writing, sewing, paint shop pro.

I am ecstatic to be here & look forward to engaging in conversations with everyone. :thumbsup:
New guy has to buy the 1st round

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant

My name is Jenn,

:hello: @⌡ustTinkerbell ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave: :wave: :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

Yes Yes Yes, sit those bags down, rest awhile, put your feet up, and unpack later! :D

We will be right here, no rush - take your time - Enjoy!

Make yourself right at home, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013

My name is Jenn,

Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Greetings, thanks for having me and best to all. I'm rather shy so please bear with me as I peruse the forums to find my personal niche.

:hello: @EverForward ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thank you for joining us and sharing!

Take your time getting comfortable with us.

We look forward to reading more of you!

Make yourself at home, because you are!

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello everyone, I'm Troy Johnson and I run AALBC.com the largest, oldest, most frequently visited -- simply the baddest website dedicated to books written by, or about, Black people. :)

A couple of years ago someone posted on my discussion forum a listy of the Top 5 Discussion Forums. Destee was listed, deservedly as #1 (my site was #2). Sadly three of the 6 sites mention (the top 5 plus an honorable mention) are no longer active.

Over the last several years I've dropped my personal social media accounts and am focusing on participating on, Black owned, indie sites like Destee. The reality is either we use them or we lose them. I hope it is obvious that the likes of Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, will never, ever serve us.

:hello: @aalbc ... Welcome Welcome Welcome !!! ... :wave:

Thanks for checking in again and posting! :)

Your name / site was so familiar, and I had to do a bit of searching (@ destee.com of course) to find that you have been a Member for awhile, and your site has been mentioned often here. If my search is correct, you / your site was first introduced to us by author @Delores Thornton years ago! Yes, it jogged my memory and it is good your effort is still among the living out here on the Internet. You are right, so many have died. It's always been a concern of mine, losing so many great black sites. I have a thread on it here : Black Web Sites That Have Died ... :( ... but after 20+ years of doing this, I suppose deaths are to be expected - though it was an issue long before we got this old.

It is not easy to maintain a site for a long time so my hat is off to you .... :toast1:

I have joined https://aalbc.com and I encourage everyone to do the same.

I read the thread highlighting destee.com and it was a nice walk down memory lane, reading that kindness again. Thanks for sharing it.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.
It's okay to admire otherz, but first, love self. ELEVATE your self-image by having a healthy love & respect for yourself. ✍
1619+400=2019 Jamestown Virginia...end of slavery. (Yes modern miseducation and injustices count as slavery) But no proper reparations will be given since the amount of contributions beyond humanity transcends generations. Our people have history that is equal to trillions of dollars including Melanin research and its supernatural power.
I want my people to be aware of this dilemma regarding the upcoming election... I know politics. Yes Trump is admitting the truth about Black People building this so called country corporation (The United States). But you must understand that what they're planning on doing is to divide and conquer. This is all just for him to get re-elected. He's going to promise reparations and reneg at the last minute.
Ifypedro334 wrote on Jasica Adam's profile.
The best gift to give a baby boy is ??