The Front Porch : Care To Introduce Yourself?

Have You Introduced Yourself (click here to do so)?

• Yes

Votes: 92 42.0%
  • No

Votes: 127 58.0%

• Total voters

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
yes welcome PebonyBreeze and i hope often is more then you not able
because we surely would miss ya .....again welcome to Destee.com community

Pebonybreeze

Sep 26, 2008
Indianapolis IN
Occupation
caregiver on coronary critical care unit
Good Morning $$RICH$$,
Thank you for your welcome! You see where I am on my first morning break. I wanted to check in on my new Destee family because I miss you all already...I'll be getting off possibly around &p and will log back on.
Peace & Blessings!

anAfrican

Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
(not so much "introducing" myself, as it is that some of my "reason for being" came out due to my reaching very deep into "Me" as part of something else. while it really requires much editing and such, i'm gonna go ahead and drop it since just sometimes one's "truths" come out while one is "fighting" for their Right to Exist as ThemSelf. the following are snippets from a reply that got somewhat changed, but that i feel has a bunch of "me" in.)

even though sometimes it gets mixed up in a "tirade", i have been consistent in the message i've been trying to bring ever since i joined this community.

i've always had a philosophy of seeking to not "bad mouth" individuals, but, there have been times that i've "failed" to hold my tongue and spoken up about things that i feel/felt could be stated differently, or felt like might do us more good expressed in another fashion. i ain't nobody's expert or leader and won't, generally, bring my experiences to bear as "proof" of my extended, enlightened "wisdom"

... i have a failing in that i have never really figured out "small talk" (NOT to minimize anything; i am referring to that which all refer to as "small talk" - chit chat back and forth between people.) and speak from

almost 30 years of not doing this "system"/society while trying to figure out just how this planet/life/existence thing works so as to see why humanity is forever running around trying to put out small fires and jumping to the next small fire and coming back to the first small fire and then moving on to another small fire and then the next and then back to the third and on to the next ... when there really are no fires except as are created through following in the footsteps of a people that have no clue about this planet and create all these fires so as to maintain the illusion of their control over everything around, when the fact of the matter is that this "Garden of Eden" called Life is not on fire!!

when there seems to exist a continuous need to "fix" things, it is always good to seek to figure out the root thing to see how it is supposed to operate and compare that to how it is operating in an effort to determine where the issues are that cause it to appear to be not operating optimally. the planet operates optimally; man's "wisdom" over the millenia that we have been "doing" truly appears to have negatively impacted that optimisation.

i've come to a point where i've gained too much data and must needs bring what i've got out so as to get some other minds working on it because i am not the only one around, am not the most wise, am not quite so arrogant as to believe that i can fix all of it all by myself, and am having a really hard time trying to express that because in the years that i have been paying more attention to the really big picture, the smaller big picture has gotten so much worse that i have very much difficulty communicating in a manner that suits the "style du jour".

<cripes> and that is my biggest problem; it is really too big to say in the limited "sound bites" that appear to be the preferred method of communication today. "remember" how there used to be a tradition of "oral history" where a certain segment of the community remembered all the history of the community? remember how there used to be a time where huge things like "homer" and the illiad were committed to memory? in this time of "sound bite existence", "instant gratification", in which i, too, have been "indoctrinated" and "conditioned" ...

too much too say that my fingers can't keep up with so it comes out looking really jumbled, scrambled and is ripe for being interpreted as "being confused" ...

Astrologer4U

Oct 18, 2008
California
Occupation
Self Employed
Hi! I am Astrologer4U

I came about knowing of Destees one day when I said to my self, "Now is a good day to try agin for th hundreth time to find some black people into Astrology on line" I got on line and Googled "Black Astrology" that process brought me here.

You see, I am from California the land of hippies and trends. It is a rare occasion that I run into black people who are into Astrology and I needed me some of my own people to discuss and Learn more about Astrology with. I wish I could have caught brother Aqil, maybe he would have not left had he had a sister like me to share and colaborate about Astrology with, but I think he will be coming back though, you all wait and see.

I also practice Numerology but I have yet to come up with a way to introduce it into a topic however, I am wroking on it...Numerology topic...coming soon.

Sister Astrologer4U

sweet apple*pie

May 14, 2006
East Coast
Occupation
I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
Hello...

I have been a member for a couple of years now, but I dont think I ever really introduced my self, so I figured, hey...betta late than never. And now that I have committed myself to being more active here in the community, I thought would post here.

Anyhow, My name is Tiffany Dorese, and I am 26 years old. I am currently a college student in my second year...um, lets see. I work at a property management company working with home owner associations. My personality is very..fun. I am a down-to-earth, very good natured person, with a quiet exterior until approached....then I can get quite lively.

I have a deep compassion for human beings, and I like to understand them. I find myself making friends with people older than myself, probably because I can be kind of mature in some ways, and I enjoy being around individuals who can elevate me to new levels. I waste no real time on people who can't promote my mind. Learning through the experience and stories of others, is very rewarding to me. I respect others opinions, while stating my own.

Oh yea....and I am a capricorn.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : Got witty beats for city streets and a committee keeps track of the deep facts flow for fun but no one care or love them even though they above the ri Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : How to Take Care of Your Eyes as You Age Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Millions of Americans Flood Into Mexico for Health Care — the Human Caravan You Haven’t Heard About Black Health and Wellness 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Taking care Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : the truth today is like tooth decay it accelerates from lack of care and the facts be right there Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Chidike Black People Politics : Ahhh Yes.....Attack The Poor,Health Care,Food,Housing And Create Pseudo Attacks To Start A War Black People Politics 10
jamesfrmphilly Black People : black-women-and-girls-are-missing-and-no-one-seems-to-care Black People Open Forum 22
Chidike Black People Politics : Paul Ryan's Obamacare Alternative Is Here, and It Doesn't Even Pretend to Care About Poor People Black People Politics 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : white people hate obamacare but love affordable care act ... Black People Politics 4
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : 3rd and final Memo on Lukewarm=Tefnut=eye care treatment AACOOLDRE 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Paul's Epistle to the Laodiceans & their Eye care medical school AACOOLDRE 0
Al D Black People : Tapping into West Africa’s Hair Care Market Black People Open Forum 0
nilevalley Black People : Ho-Hum oh well 5 reasons not to care about climate change Black People Open Forum 14
Chevron Dove Chevron Dove : SKIN CARE; From a Beautiful Black Woman Chevron Dove 0
Kemetstry Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : SISTER GETS HAIR CARE PATENT Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : BLACK OWNED SKIN CARE LINE Black Money Business Jobs 0
dunwiddat Black People Politics : The United Nations sure don't care about black folks Black People Politics 7
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Do-it-yourself blood pressure care can beat MDs Black Health and Wellness 1
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : Tracy Morgan in intensive care after car crash Black Entertainment 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Slavery & Obama care AACOOLDRE 2
BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Black Poetry : When You Care No More Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
cherryblossom Audio Video Web Conferencing : Le'Andria Johnson - 'God Will Take Care of You' Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Alarm Clock Black People : North Carolina shut off Welfare and Day Care during the shut down Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obamacare Exemptions To Affordable Care Act Fines Exist, But Only For Certain People Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Obama to extend wage law to cover two million home care aides Black People Politics 2
Clear Essence Cosmetics Black Women : Pregnancy Skin Care Tips Black Women 1
Clear Essence Cosmetics Black Children : Teenage Skin Care Tips Black Children 0
HODEE Black Poetry : People don't Care Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
Knowledge Seed Black Positive People : Black Power: Black man sets out to take back black hair care industry Black People Doing Positive Things 33
dunwiddat Pets / Animals : I don't care much for Dogs Pets / Animals 16
MsInterpret Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Bronner Brothers: Beauty Care is a Recession Proof Business Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 1
cherryblossom Health and Wellness : Solo Noir: Skin Care for Black Men Black Health and Wellness 0
Knowledge Seed Black People Politics : The effect of Obamacare on Health Care stocks Black People Politics 12
S Black People Politics : Obamacare Supporters: Did you read The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare Bill) Black People Politics 8
Blackbird Black People : Deceit of the Future - Foster Care Black People Open Forum 3
Destee Black People Politics : Black America With and Without Health-Care Reform Black People Politics 5
AACOOLDRE Health and Wellness : The state of BLACK HEALTH CARE Black Health and Wellness 5
R Black Poetry : They care, so i have to. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
MsInterpret Black Short Stories : Care Taker Short Stories - Authors - Writing 8
Ankhur Black People Politics : Obama Administration Cuts Long-Term Home Care Program for Elderly and Disabled Black People Politics 2
Ankhur Black People : Health Care Premiums Soar for Many Employees Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : I Do Not Care Any More, It is what I Think About, That Concern Me. Chief Elder Osiris 5
Ankhur Black People : Black Hair Care/ A Road to Success and Self Suficiency in a Racist Environment Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Health Care bill Aftermath/ helping Patients or the HMOs? Black People Open Forum 0
Indigo Blues Health and Wellness : Natural Hair Care Product - Vinegar and herbs Black Health and Wellness 0
chuck Black People : Can And Will We Take Care Of Business On The Homefront? Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : Washington Oks HMO Rate Hikes for care for Sick Children??? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : 30 Billion for the Bush Cheney war but no money for jobs? or child care? Black People Open Forum 1
P Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : What African hair care products do you use? Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 8
river Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : How Do You Take Care of Your Hair When You are in a LTR? Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 12