The Front Porch : Care To Introduce Yourself?

Have You Introduced Yourself (click here to do so)?

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 128 56.9%

• Total voters
I still haven't properly introduced myself and I've been here for a couple of months

Name: Jahari.....that's not my real name, but sometime in the near future it will be, when I legally change it. I feel that it fits me. Jahari means "young, strong, and powerful." I think everyone should identify with being young, because youth is associated with free thinking, rebellion, questioning, in constant search of..., etc. Strong means strength in various aspects of your life (physically, spiritually, emotionally, etc.). Power means having control over yourself.............I love this name and God has made me realize the importance of it. "Kavi" is a name I latched onto it, which means "poet." I discovered the name back when I used to write rhymes a lot more

Hobbies: I think I'm somewhat of a dork, but that's all good. I enjoy listening to hip hop and r & b, reading, watching sports, school, etc.

Work: Right now I work in a real estate office. I must say that real estate is incredibly boring to me, but it's paying my tuition and bills so I'm not complaining. I'm not an actual agent (I assist agents), although I do plan on getting my real estate license one day, because I believe it can be a good side hustle

Characteristics: I tend to be very skeptical and critical. This can get me in trouble some times, but I feel that I'd rather be overly critical, rather than to take things for face value. I'm also argumentative (I'm sure some of u have picked up on this already, lol). I don't do it to be harsh, I'm just very opinionated. Some people take my strong opinions as me being authoritative and condescending (although that isn't my intention at all), so I'm trying to work on becoming better at getting my points across without offending anyone.

Favorite food: "We eat fish, tossed salads" - Ghostface

Goals: To finish my B.S. in psychology. To gain a Masters and Phd in a field of psychology and start my own private practice. I also have dreams of one day starting an educational institution dedicated primarily to African psychology and mental health...that's waaaaaaaaaay down the road, but I can dream can't I????

Music: favorite MCs are Rakim, Ice Cube and Outkast.........that's like my holy trinity of hip hop. I also love Nas, Wu Tang, A Tribe Called Quest, L Boogie, Mos Def, Mobb Deep, Common, G-Rap, D.J. Premiere, etc.....Other musicians I like are D'Angelo, Stevie Wonder, Babyface, Sam Cooke, and Jimi Hendrix

Something that you wouldn't know about me unless I told You: I like heavy metal. I can put a Black Sabbath cd in my player and jam all day to it................oh and I have a huge infatuation with Alicia Keys.......HUGE!!!

Okay that's enough..............

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back