Angola : Capoeira Angola defense

darklionarts

May 19, 2008
Mississippi
Peace Corvo,

I study Capoeira Angola under a cat named "Magia". We are affiliated with GROUPO BESOURO NEW ORLEANS. I have always felt capoeira is the "black mans tai-chi".
Its a shame how capoeira has been infiltrated/taken over......many groups try to minimize capoeiras Afrikan roots and try to act like its all brazillian.

http://www.casasamba.com/capoeira_page.htm

Axe!

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
Peace Corvo,

I study Capoeira Angola under a cat named "Magia". We are affiliated with GROUPO BESOURO NEW ORLEANS. I have always felt capoeira is the "black mans tai-chi".
Its a shame how capoeira has been infiltrated/taken over......many groups try to minimize capoeiras Afrikan roots and try to act like its all brazillian.

http://www.casasamba.com/capoeira_page.htm

Axe!

"Its a shame how capoeira has been infiltrated/taken over......many groups try to minimize Capoeira Afrikan roots and try to act like its all Brazilian".

First, thank you for being involve in Capoeira Angola, Please stay with it.

And yea it is a shame how many groups have taken the view of de-Africanizing Capoeira. As you know many arts have been co-opted by the white-man toward their agenda. Taking out the spirit and philosophy of an African manifestation is part of the point of controlling it’s expression.

At lease there is a fight back. There are people like myself who still teach it’s African perspective and roots.

Um Malungu, Corvo

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
Capoeira Angola defense

Though I don’t like that these videos were posed for every one to see, and learn from. The damage has been done, so you guys might as well learn some thing too. Capoeira is an African fighting art, created in Brazil during the time of slavery. It’s only one of many, That have survived. It is the tool that I use to empower young and old alike. We need to empower our minds, body and spirit as one. Please take the time to look for an African centered Capoeira group near you. It is vital to our survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zwqh7nemDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8dIHFxENRA&feature=related

Enjoy!

AXE!

That's great.. I always have been interested in Capoeira as a fighting style..
I had never seen it practically applied (except in Virtual fighter..).. I had always
leaned toward defensive styles like Aikido.. That's the track I have my boys
on right now is Aikido then Judo.. but I'm going to turn them on to Capoeira
also.. I think they may enjoy it especially my youngest.​

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor

That's great.. I always have been interested in Capoeira as a fighting style..
I had never seen it practically applied (except in Virtual fighter..).. I had always
leaned toward defensive styles like Aikido.. That's the track I have my boys
on right now is Aikido then Judo.. but I'm going to turn them on to Capoeira
also.. I think they may enjoy it especially my youngest.​

Both those forms compliment Capoeira Angola well!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Corvo African American History Culture : Mysticism in Capoeira African American History Culture 0
Corvo Pan Africanism : Mysticism in Capoeira African American History Culture 1
Corvo Audio Video Web Conferencing : Capoeira. Expression of freedom Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
Corvo Pan Africanism : Capoeira videos African American History Culture 6
Corvo Black People : Capoeira clip Black People Open Forum 23
Amnat77 Black Entertainment : Movie: Brazilian capoeira legend Besouro(beetle) Mangangá Black Entertainment 28
Corvo Black People : A Capoeira story Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul OldSoul : CAPOEIRA OldSoul 22
Isaiah African American History Culture : TOUGH GUYS DO DANCE - AFRO BRAZILIAN CAPOEIRA IN NEW YORK. African American History Culture 0
Perfection Angola : In Context Series: The Flora of Angola-- First Record of Diversity and Endemism Angola 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Angola : Angola gets new president after 38 years, but its outgoing leader and family still cling to power Angola 0
Destee Angola : Luanda - capital and largest city in Angola Angola 0
Destee Angola : Angola stadium stampede in Uige kills 17 Angola 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Njinga Rainha de Angola (NZINGA – QUEEN OF ANGOLA) OldSoul 3
OldSoul OldSoul : NJINGA – QUEEN OF ANGOLA OldSoul 0
Omowale Jabali Angola : Angola Bans Islam Angola 5
S Angola : After 40 Years in Solitary, Angola 3 Prisoner Albert Woodfox Ordered Freed Angola 2
SlickBeast Angola : Angola economic boom Angola 25
cherryblossom Angola : The Angola 3 Angola 3
SeekingMaat Black Poetry : US Angola and wherever else they BE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Angola : Video: Angola Seminoles Angola 2
G Black People : Angola Three: 30 Years in Solitary Black People Open Forum 0
Isaiah Jails / Prisons : ANGOLA PRISONER'S BLUES... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
P Namibia : Castro reveals role in Angola, Namibia independence Namibia 7
A Angola : Angola's Giant Leap on the World Economic Stage Angola 4
Destee Jails / Prisons : Angola Prison - How Can This Be? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
OldSoul Black People : 11 mins with the Deacons for Defense and Justice - Giving Honor Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : california-hires-eric-holder-as-legal-defense-against-donald-trump Black People Politics 0
Senegal Law Forum : Do You Practice Home Defense? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Kemetstry African American History Culture : DEACONS OF SELF DEFENSE African American History Culture 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to Join Board of NAACP Legal Defense Fund Black People Politics 4
Liberty Law Forum : How Bill Cosby's Slipping Eyesight Factors Into His Criminal Defense Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
Liberty Black Women : In Defense of Planned Parenthood Black Women 0
Cb_parent Black People Politics : NAACP legal defense fund petitions judge for Michael Brown case Black People Politics 13
RAPTOR Black People Politics : People Who Grow Their Own Food Labeled ‘Extremist’ by Dept. of Defense Black People Politics 1
Perfection Law Forum : In Defense of Looting Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Enki Black Sports : Pacer Paul George comes to Ray Rice's defense, then apologizes Black Sports 0
Gorilla Science and Technology : Email Self-Defense - A Guide from the FSF Science and Technology 1
Kadijah Black People : In defense of old white men Black People Open Forum 8
RAPTOR Black People : Official: U.S. B-52s flew over China's controversial new air defense zone Black People Open Forum 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : IRS Rides 1884 'Dead Horse' Law to Defense of Tax Preparer Rules Black People Politics 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Ball Don't Lie A shooter kills a would-be robber in self-defense while waiting in line to buy LeBron Black People Open Forum 3
thePreacher Black People Politics : Obama's speech at the Natl Defense Univ Black People Politics 35
thePreacher Black People Politics : Putin sacks his Defense Minister Black People Politics 0
MsInterpret Black Parenting : Teaching Self-Defense to Our Kids Black Parenting 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : In defense of Clint Eastwood: He was weird, but fantastic Black People Politics 43
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Electronic Frontier Foundation - Surveillance Self-Defense Science and Technology 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Self-defense vs Stand your ground laws AACOOLDRE 8
Mad Skillz Black People Politics : Obama will not veto National Defense Authorization Act Black People Politics 0
Ankhur Black People : The Evidence of Boyoctting as a tool for Self Defense Black People Open Forum 6