Black People : Capital Punnishment

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SayWord, Oct 22, 2003.

1. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Are you for or against the death penalty? And why?

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I can't say I'm for it because then I'd feel like I'm rooting for someone to die, and I wouldn't do that because I've sinned in my lifetime as have they. As for against it? Well, I don't really fight against it being law here in Louisiana, so I guess I couldn't say I'm fully to that side.

I just know whoever is condemned by it, whether truly innocent or truly guilty, will not miss what it rightfully theirs; that is, redemption or a final condemnation. For a truly evil person, they are receiving what they have reaped with none to their rescue, even if it were to be the law itself is wrong. For a truly innocent one, they are being pulled from a world undeserving of them and not familiar with them, a world they can't belong to because of its growing evils. It's distress and closures in all kinds of manners, but at the end, it'll all be sorted out.

3. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    If the person killed someone intentionally and it was proven 100% without a doubt that they did it (or they confessed) I say they should get the same treatment. But for lesser crimes like injury, theft, fraud etc. they should just serve whatever amount of time is fair.