South Africa : Cape Town has Become One of the World’s Most Dangerous Cities

Thus my statement:

When people have discussions regarding the present day climate surrounding black people, i hope that most people can appreciate that the condition of black people is no accident. Our condition is not self-inflicted. I don't get it, if everyone has a solution and reason why black people are in the condition we are in, if reversal of this condition is so easy why hasn't it happen? (rhetorical question).

People are not the problem, the problem is the problem. Of course people can solve problems but what happens when the monkey wrench appears? (again rhetorical)

We continue to thrive under adverse conditions and great conditions as well. We are the strength of our ancestors.

As long as there are great black people like people on this site and great black people around the world, our greatness will shine regardless of what we are confronted with.

Peace to the brothers and sisters.
I only ran with trying to expand on your excellent post #43. No criticism was intended if that is how it was taken Brother.
But I can see I've badly misplayed a finesse you deftly turned with no problem. Gotta learn that trick some day........
That being said I guess I may as well go on with saying straight why I found Al's couple of 'boot strap' posts so 'white' instead of just slamming him hoping it would result in some self reflection on his part.
Those couple of 'boot strap' posts are so incredibly reductionist in content they could have been and has been spoken by numbers I could count down from our very own uncle Clearence Thomas and uncle Ben Carson to Lee Atwater's speeches written for Nixon and all the many in-betweens. But obviously AL thinks reductionism is the way forward.
From now on I'll just refer him to your post #43 if I respond to him on anything.

"My final prayer,
O my body,
make of me always a man who questions!"
from "Black Skin, White Masks" by Frantz Fanon

I agree with you that black people can and should do better. I know we are doing better. There are a lot of black people doing better it's not all bad. I say it can and should be better for a lot of us. Some of our pain is purposeful and some of our pain is self inflicted.
That's basically what I'm saying brother. Nothing more nothing less. If we can take the time and examine why we aren't doing better, we can develop solutions to help us do better.. That process doesn't happen by itself and that is my main point here. If folks want to pull more out of it than that, so be it....

That being said I guess I may as well go on with saying straight why I found Al's couple of 'boot strap' posts so 'white' instead of just slamming him hoping it would result in some self reflection on his part.
Those couple of 'boot strap' posts are so incredibly reductionist in content they could have been and has been spoken by numbers I could count down from our very own uncle Clearence Thomas and uncle Ben Carson to Lee Atwater's speeches written for Nixon and all the many in-betweens. But obviously AL thinks reductionism is the way forward.

I don't think brother AI D can appreciate your interpretation of what was posted.

I appreciate brother AI D's perspective as well. I get his base point. Like you I wondered why he came down so hard on black people when he himself admitted he was "ignorant and stupid" at one time.

Like all of us who have awoken we didn't realize we are "ignorant and stupid" when we were ignorant and stupid. Thus the term ignorance is bliss.

Like you I wondered why he came down so hard on black people when he himself admitted he was "ignorant and stupid" at one time.
I came up in a time in the sixties where I could afford to be ignorant and stupid and still recover from it. Black folks growing up today don't have that same luxury..
The world today is a much more violent and much more unforgiving place than it was when I grew up and I personally don't see it getting better anytime soon. So, Yes, I feel that there has to be a deeper sense of urgency esp. for Black folks.
We have been lulled into this false sense of security and folks are gonna turn around one day and wonder what the heck happened. There is really no room or time for continued complacency.. It's a much different world, and when Black folks err or have a minor altercation today, most times they don't live to see another day..
This world is no place for the weary or faint at heart, because only the strong survive.
Now if that is boot strap rhetoric and being hard then so be it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back