South Africa : Cape Town has Become One of the World’s Most Dangerous Cities

if these statements were made here by a white man would it be permitted ????

sometimes an avatar is used to inject the poison.

think about it.

No, they probably wouldn't be accepted by a white man, but I' not a white man brother. I'm speaking truth and most times it is a painful meal to digest.
You see, I am from 5 generations removed from slavery. I have copies of the bill of sale from my ancestors who were sold in the 1800 's. The one thing that my folks always did was work extremely hard to make it but never allowed the system of oppression be the thing that held them down. They were strong proud people both men and women who persevered under extreme hardship. and that is one of the traits we are lacking in our people today. Most of them didn't have a formal education but that didn't stop them from being somewhat enterprising... After slavery they took advantage of the reconstruction period and purchased land and established themselves as pillars of their homesteads and communities in South Carolina. (Go ahead and google African Americans of Lower Richland County) brother James.

It took me long while to come around but eventually I did because I realized that it was me that was holding me back... I was ignorant, stubborn and blamed everyone else for my misfortunes in life.

My aunt told me once (son there ain't no pie in the sky and I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Stop walking around looking angry like the world owes me something because it don't. Hold your head up high and be a proud Black man). I didn't understand it then but it stayed with me and eventually, I got it when:

A few years later while I was in treatment for heroin addiction my moms said to me ( Son, what you want is on the outside and that won't work. You have to want it on the inside and until I do, nothing will change in my life. I would always be a junkie). That night after she had left it was like I had an epiphany, Everything began to make sense. Everything!!
I'll be the one to say it because no one else will. A lot of us need to, wake up, get off your butts and get busy with being somebody and building something meaningful in your lives.. Tomorrow isn't promised to you and neither is success. Failure you can have all day long because it don't require nothing.

No, they probably wouldn't be accepted by a white man, but I' not a white man brother. I'm speaking truth and most times it is a painful meal to digest.
You see, I am from 5 generations removed from slavery. I have copies of the bill of sale from my ancestors who were sold in the 1800 's. The one thing that my folks always did was work extremely hard to make it but never allowed the system of oppression be the thing that held them down. They were strong proud people both men and women who persevered under extreme hardship. and that is one of the traits we are lacking in our people today. Most of them didn't have a formal education but that didn't stop them from being somewhat enterprising... After slavery they took advantage of the reconstruction period and purchased land and established themselves as pillars of their homesteads and communities in South Carolina. (Go ahead and google African Americans of Lower Richland County) brother James.

It took me long while to come around but eventually I did because I realized that it was me that was holding me back... I was ignorant, stubborn and blamed everyone else for my misfortunes in life.

My aunt told me once (son there ain't no pie in the sky and I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Stop walking around looking angry like the world owes me something because it don't. Hold your head up high and be a proud Black man). I didn't understand it then but it stayed with me and eventually, I got it when:

A few years later while I was in treatment for heroin addiction my moms said to me ( Son, what you want is on the outside and that won't work. You have to want it on the inside and until I do, nothing will change in my life. I would always be a junkie). That night after she had left it was like I had an epiphany, Everything began to make sense. Everything!!
I'll be the one to say it because no one else will. A lot of us need to, wake up, get off your butts and get busy with being somebody and building something meaningful in your lives.. Tomorrow isn't promised to you and neither is success. Failure you can have all day long because it don't require nothing.
what you speak is not the truth.

it is the same nonsense that the white man speaks.

the only way to know a persona on line is by what they post.

there are many avatars out there.

hard work.jpg

I will reiterate what I said and that is that it stops and starts with the person in the mirror. It's the ignorance and the stupidity of folks and how thy elect to carry themselves as well as what they choose to embrace. You want to cry about 500 years of brainwashing and a capitalistic model but not mention the selling and pimping thugism, gangsterism and outright disrespect of Black women which influences the vulnerable minds of young Black people. That violence over in Capetown being perpetrated by these cowards is an extension of that model. The names they give themselves aren't African my man, they are American..

So, to further iterate; No, I'm not feeling you or anyone else that wants to continue blaming the condition of folks minds and situations on 500 years of slavery, oppression and capitalism. And no, I'm not feeling Tupac or any of the other rapper that works hand in hand with the white man selling poisonous garbage to our people that has a negative influence on them.

Folks need to wake the heck up,(We shall reap what we sow). We create the reality that we live in and sometimes it has been created for us.. Yeah, the system isn't designed to promote black people's success but it is designed to help folks be successful. Learn how the system works and how to navigate within it and use it to ones benefit.
Black folks who have risen above all the rhetoric and nonsense aren't complaining because they know and understand what it takes.
It's the ones who are still at the bottom and clawing at the ones trying to pull themselves out of the muck that are doing all the complaining.

And believe when I tell you that I'm expressing what a lot of Black folks think and feel but will not say.

Wouldn't it have been easier if you'd just copy and pasted Reagan's speech of welfare queens.......and pull yourself up by your boot straps?

You want to cry about 500 years of brainwashing and a capitalistic model but not mention the selling and pimping thugism, gangsterism and outright disrespect of Black women which influences the vulnerable minds of young Black people. That violence over in Capetown being perpetrated by these cowards is an extension of that model. The names they give themselves aren't African my man, they are American..
Nobody is crying. I'm just asking you to open your open mind more. These conditions we endure as you know didn't start yesterday. It's been going on for 500 YEARS, is the point. Selling, pimping, thugism, gangsterism are ALL extensions of the "capitialist model right? Don't most corporates display the characteristics you described?

You keep using terms like "I" and "my". I get what your saying in it's base form that black people can do better. I agree.

My only contention here is that you recognize the condition of african people is no accident but purposely orchestrated.

Most of them didn't have a formal education but that didn't stop them from being somewhat enterprising.

Yea just like Tulsa then it got burned down, but it's on the "comeback" smh

Again you speak of yourself. I'm glad you give this example. So what were you doing long while it took you to find yourself? You like you said were ignorant and stubborn right? You had to come to the realization of your shortcomings.

Not everyone can do what you and I, Ogun, SOA, JFP have done. My point some people are so conditioned they will never come to the realizations that you have come to about ones' self. You keep speaking of what you've done and even you admit there was a time of ignorance for you. So if you according to you needed a "long while" to come around, how come you don't afford the same patience to those you haven't "arrived" like you?

Thank you for sharing that. I'm glad you are doing better. Reading this give me inspiration that any and every can triumph.

A lot of us need to, wake up, get off your butts and get busy with being somebody and building something meaningful in your lives.
When you were "ignorant and stubborn" according to you did you have the same perspective? You know the time that "long while" before you saw the light?

Peace Brother at the end of the day i don't disagree with a lot of what you say. I just ask you to consider what you yourself admitted that at a time you were ignorant, other people have to see the light in their own way. Unfortunately the why we are so called educated builds a great premise for ignorance IMO.

The machine we call capitalism can't thrive on people with self knowledge, so you see all the distractions you see consciously and subconsciously.

Ignorance is king. And ignorance is bought and sold like all other things under the "guise" of capitalism.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back