Black Short Stories : Can't Win For Losing

krazelyricks

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
da south............ATL
Occupation
student
“ Nicole!”
“ Nicole, I know yo butt heard me! Get yo @ss off the phone and come down here to eat gurl!”
I was on the phone with the finest boy at my school. She always got to mess something up. He was a sucker and I had him right where I wanted him. He was a drug dealer and I already knew this. But from what I heard he was always willing to give up that cash. As for me, I’d play along and take him for all he was worth. Don’t take me wrong, I ain’t no h0e. I just like to play boys. I don’t give up no coochie, I just let my good looks do the talking. Most of the time that does the trick and if it don’t then I just leave them. Ain’t no shame in my game.
“Nicole, get yo @ss down here fo’ I come up there and beat yo @ss!”
I put the phone on my shoulder. “Ok mama, dang!”
I put the phone back up to my ear. “Yo Eric, I’ll call you back in a couple of hours, ok?”
“Ok boo, just make sure you call me, aiight?
“Ok, bye.”
I walked down stairs to where my mother was sitting. She eyed me suspiciously. I walked to the stove where the food was neatly wrapped. Seeing that we live in the projects everything had to be neatly wrapped. You have to wrap everything up or a roach might get in it. Don’t get me wrong we ain’t nasty like these other broads, it’s just that everybody where we live at had them. I guess the roaches from the other houses move to the next. All I know is they were here when we got here and everybody’s house I go to has them too. We even tried to spray them away. They were only gone for a day and came right back.
I sat down next to my mother at the table. She was still looking at me crazy. “ Mama, what you lookin’ at me fo?”
“Because I can, I brought you in this world didn’t I?”
“Yes, you did.”
“Nicole, what I don’ told you about them nappy headed @ss boys.”
“You told me don’t be messin’ with them because they ain’t nothin’ but some busters.” I said quoting her word for word.
“Ok, so why every time I come in here you on the phone with one of them? They ain’t doing nothin’ but tryin to get in your coochie. After they get it , they gon’. Don’t be a fool and let it happen to you like it did to me girl. I taught you better than that.”
Oh lawd, here we go again. My mama kicked out my pops when I was just six years old and my mother has yet forgotten about it. He quit her for her best friend. They had been going together right behind my mother’s back. But in the projects that kind of stuff happens everyday. That’s why she always instilled in me ‘ keep yo friends close and yo enemies even closer.’ At school we just laugh about people who this has happened to. I’m just glad my daddy left me at a young age so they can’t talk about me because they can’t even remember that far. ****, I wouldn’t even remember if it hadn’t happened to me.
I remember the day when mama kicked out daddy like it was yesterday. The whole day had been going okay. Well, at least I thought it was. Me and my mama had just came from the wash house. We didn’t have a washer and dryer because we didn’t have a hook up in our house. So, we had to walk a mile and a half to get to the nearest wash house. Sometimes we had to go back and forth two or three times because the load was just too heavy to carry. I just didn’t understand why we had to carry the heavy load by ourselves if we had daddy. I asked my mama on several occasions and she would only skip the subject.
We had just come in the house. It was raining outside and we had sweat all over our bodies. The clothes were wet and the basket I was toting was heavy. I dropped my basket on the kitchen table. It was dark in the house. We thought no one was home. Boy, were we wrong.
Suddenly, we heard sounds coming from mama’s bedroom. It was moans and groans. I heard this like skeesh squash sound , sort of like farts but different. Mama looked frightened. We looked at each other. Mama headed up the stairs. I was right behind here. You know I got to be noisy. But for real though, I had my mama’s back. We walked up the stairs quietly.
As we got the bedroom. We heard someone screaming and hard breathing. That’s when mama ran up the remaining stairs and opened the door. She just stood there. I walked around here to see what was going on. She was in shock. When I got around her I could see why. Daddy was bangin’ the coochie out Mrs. Moore, mama’s best friend. He was doin’ it to her doggie style and it had to be good cause I just couldn’t believe the faces she was makin’. No wonder why mama wouldn’t leave his sorry @ss he must have done it to her the same way too.
Mama stood there for a few more moments. I guess, she figured out that they wasn’t moving anywhere cause they was all into their ****. Mama walked over to daddy and the woman and hit him frantically. She was crying uncontrollably. Daddy tried not to hit her back but ended up slapping her @ss to get her off of him. I loved my daddy but after he hit my mother I lost a lot of respect for him.
I walked back downstairs and got a knife. I was going to kill his @ss. I ran back upstairs but when I got there, mama already had the situation under control. Mama had him in a head lock and was choking him to death. I just laughed. The woman was in the corner crying with the bed spread over her nude body. I guess she was scared mama was going to come for her next. Shoot, I would have been too.
The day that had begun good had ended bad. Daddy ended up in jail. Mama ended up a total wreck. But I did enjoy helping mama set daddy’s clothes on fire though in the backyard. Who would have knew the first time I would ever see somebody ***** would be my father and my mama’s best friend?
Anyway, enough about that ****.
“ Mama, it ain’t like I’m giving it up yet. I just play along for the ride.”
“ So, you ain’t gave it up yet?”
“ Naw.” I shook my head.
“ Oh, well still I don’t want you played a fool like your daddy did me. I want your head in them books and off the you know what. I ain’t got time for you and no whining @ss baby in my house. When you do get pregnant yo @ss is out my house and I meant that ****. You heard me?”
“ Yeah, mama I heard you.”
“ What your grades look like anyway come to think of it?”
“ Like always, all A’s and a C”
“ My girl.” She hugged me tight in her arms. Thank god I ain’t in front of my friends.
I always made my mother proud in school because I knew she didn’t have a chance to do so good cause she had me. But I can say she finished though that’s more than some of the girls in my neighborhood can say. She struggled through her last three years in high school and finished with all B’s. That’s my girl. But I made up in my mind that I was never gon’ be like her. I will always be on top.
We finished the rest of our dinner in silence. After eating I wished the dishes and returned to my room to call Eric. I had to get close to him. He was what someone would call a wanna be player because he was always getting played. He would give out money like clock work to all his girls and never get none. What a dummy. (*shaking my head*)
I dailed his number, he answered on the first ring like he was waiting by the phone for my call. “Hello.”
“Yeah, I’m back. I had to eat.”
“Yeah, what we was talkin’ about again?”
“Oh, you was saying you was going to take me to the mall.”
“I did?”
“Yeah.” I lied.
“Oh, well what time you want to go?”
See, I told you he was a sucker.
“I was thinking tomorrow right after school. Meet me at the MLK bus stop across from Citi Trends.
“Yeah ok, cool. So what do I get in return?”
Nothing! That’s what I wanted to say.
“You’ll see.” I said instead.
“So, what you want from there?”
“ I don’t know, whatever you want to buy me I guess.”
“Aiight, it ain’t gon’ be nothing expensive cause I don’t know you like that yet. Ok?”
“Ok.”
He sighed lighted into the mouth piece. “ So, you want to go to a party with me on Friday?”
“ Yeah, where it’s gon’ be at?”
“ In the back of your complex.”
“ Oh, you talkin’ about the one at Dre’s house.”
“ Yeah, that’s the one.”
“ Ok, you gon’ come and get me in yo mama’s Mercedes.”
“ Yeah, if you want me to. I’ll ask her before then.”
Oh my God, he’s sooooo boring. “ Ok. Look Eric.....”
“ Yes?”
I yawned in the phone. “ It’s gettin’ real late and I’m gettin real tired. I’ll call you tomorrow.”
“ Ok, bye babe.”
Babe? “ Bye Eric.”

Bang! Bang! Bang!
Dang, it’s always somebody shooting around here. I heard the screeching tires of somebody’s car. It’s always a good wake up call though. It’s six o’ clock. Time to get up. I wiped the crust out my eyes. I slowly got up. I looked around my room. I had posters all over. I had a signed poster by Cash Money, Monica, Whitney Houston, Beyonce, Usher, Lil’ John, and Bow Wow among others. The walls were beginning to fade because my mother and I never have a male in the house long enough for anything. But it’s natural for the peeps in my hood. I know a lot of girls who see their daddy everyday but they always on the corner buying rocks and getting high. They always try to disclaim them but I know the real deal. It’s just in my hood a man is a dime a dozen and they never stay long. I know a group of men that just about phucked every women in the hood. They ain’t even all that either, I don’t know what the old folks see in them. My mama up there talking about they just want me for the coochie, well what do she think those fifteen men that she had last year wanted from her. A family? NOT.
I walked to the restroom to take a shower. The hot water caressed my body so gently. I moaned to myself. I caressed my breast with the wet towel. I rubbed the soap in between my dark passage. I suddenly got hot. The stream surrounded me. I put some water in my hair. The feeling was ever so good. I felt vibrant. I couldn’t take it any longer. I put my hand in between my legs and played with my self until I came.
After my shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked back into my room for some clothes. I sat on my bed and opened my panty draw. I pulled out a matching black bra and panty set. I loved black underwear most of the sets were all black. I put them on. Next I went to my jean draw. I pulled out a pair of dark blue Baby Phat jeans. They were so cute. Mann- Mann bought them for me two weeks ago. I looked in my shirt draw and pulled out a pink and white Baby Phat shirt. This would set off the dark blue jeans. I had to have accessories so I picked out a silver chain belt that was made into a shape that spelled out Baby Phat. And to set the whole thing off I put on some low top white Air Force Ones.
It was now 8:30. Shan was banging on my door. I ran to the door.
“Dang gurl, what chu knocking like the police fo?” I yelled at her.
“Gurl shut up, you know we got to get to school. You do this every morning.”
Shan was my running partner. We went everywhere together. Our men were friends. We normally had two that didn’t know each other but what the heck , everybody can’t be tyte. We were the flyyest gurls at our school. We were freshmen but even the seniors knew us. I was voted best dressed and most popular. And Shan was holding down the Miss Ninth grade spot. We had it going on.
On most days we dressed alike but today we were not. She was wearing a blue Dickie mechanic uniform. It was a new fashion. But I didn’t like. I would be caught dead before I have on a mechanic's uniform. Ya feel me?
“ Gurl, why you always naggin? I’m ready. And I’ma kick yo @ss next time you bang on my door like you crazy.”
“ Yeah, whatever.”
We walked out the door and I locked it. We always had a ride to school even though no one in our families had one. We always found a sucker that would happily take us on our beck and call. Today’s victim would be Mike. He’s a senior at our school. I ran him. If I asked for a twenty he would give it to me. I had him on lock. But I was wondering why he picked her up first. ‘Keep yo enemies closer.’
I walked to the car and Shan got in the back. She knew what was up. They eyed each other through the mirror. They thought I couldn’t see that junk. Yeah right.
“ So Mike, we going out this weekend?”
“ Yeah, where you want to go?”
“ To the movies.”
“ Ok, just let me know when.”
Yeah, she probably gave him some but I’m still his addiction.
We arrived at school promptly at eight thirty which was early for us. We normally got there around nine. Mike came around to my side to open the door for me. He didn’t help Shan. Ha! He walked me to my locker which was on the second level. His class was on the ground level.
Shan had disappeared from us by the time we started to walk to my homeroom. We walked and talked for a while before we finally made it there. I was late but Mr. Smith never said anything about it though. He would just look at me and write me present. I kissed Mike on the lips. He was tall and dark but he was innocent. He was known around town as a fighter. But he was mainly known for his arm. He was the star quarterback . And he would soon be leaving me to go to FAMU. Dang, I guess I’ll have to find another sucker.
Most girls in my homeroom hated me. They were jealous of my relationship with Mike. If they only knew that it wasn’t what they thought it was they would think differently of me. But I didn’t care, as long none of them hoes put their hands on me I was cool. There was no need to fight over no boy to me. If they wanted him they could have him. I had plenty. But they better not try to take him though until I’m done.
I walked over to my seat in the back away from everyone else. As always the boys head were looking back at me. But they were scared to talk to me because of Mike. They were all punks. But Mike would kick their @ss if they tried to though.
“ Ms. Brown, would you please find a seat closer to the class? We have visitors in the building today and I don’t want to get wrote up. You know I would let you sit back there and all but not today, ok?”
I liked Mr. Smith. He always showed everyone respect. He’s one those teachers that everyone liked and if someone didn’t like him then I had a problem with them. He always gave me passes when I was late to class. He even walked me to class a couple of times when I was late. He negotiated with people when they were going to fight. He was everyone dream teacher. If I were principal I would nominate him for “teacher of the year.” I had no problem with what he asked me to do. I would never show him disrespect.
“ Ok, Mr. Smith. Where would you like me to sit?”
He pointed the seat next to this girl named Shareka. I knew that broad didn’t like me so I frowned. Why me Lawd? “ Let’s try over behind Shareka.”
“ Ok, Mr. Smith.”
I walked over to the desk. She looked back at me and rolled her eyes. Oh, no this broad just did not roll her eyes at me?
“ *****.” I said under my breath.
“ What did you say Ms. Brown?”
“ Oh, nothing Mr. Smith.”
The bell rung and it was time to go. As usual I rushed out the class like I had somewhere to go. My two way went off. It was Eric.
It said : Hey baby, it’s me Eric. I can’t wait until I see your pretty face today.
I smiled to myself. I was unaware that Shan was standing right behind me.
“ Uh- huh, who is Eric?
“ Non’ ya.”
“ Non’ ya?”
“ Non’ ya business.”
“ Aiight, none of my business. We’ll just see what Mike thinks of Eric?”
“ Don’t play with me, I’ll kick yo @ss gurl.”
“ Yeah right, I was just playing anyway gurl. I’ll see you later I have to go to class . The bell already rung and you know how Mr. Howard is gurl.”
“ Aiight gurl, I’ll see you at lunch.”

To be continued....................

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back