Black People : Can't we all just get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Taylor

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2013
OK guys, no negative energy allowed.

I didn't join this site to be anything other than real. i thought your posed the question of what purpose i had in the thread.
IMO, the fact that our destinies are inextricably bound indicates that what hurts us, will in turn hurt you. Obviously, we will hurt first and worst, but ultimately, it will get to you. As an example, the out of wedlock child birth rate in the 1960's for Blacks was around 30% and for Whites it was less than 10% today, Whites have arrived where we were back then and moving towards were we are today. Us being unable to earn an honest wage will effect you either through social welfare or through crime rates or health care cost. So, IMO, every American who cares about our mutual destiny should be concerned about the health and welfare of EVERY American. Therefore, an open talk/discussion that doesn't involve partisan politics or other ideologies that only look at things from a single perspective. Anyone who shares your destiny yet only looks out for their own well being is not a very good destiny partner as he doesn't realize when he's shooting himself in the foot.

One of the first issues that would need to be addressed in a truly open discussion is racial trust. Black people have plenty of reasons to distrust White people. A quick read through stormfront will quickly demonstrate that there are White people out there who actually think that WE should be THANKFUL for slavery and that WE owe the WHITE race a debt of gratitude. So with that in mind we have to understand that trust is a barrier to a mutually beneficial society because as it stands, everyone is just looking out for themselves.

You can't start a new thread with quotes from a thread i just closed.

Circumventing my decision and continuing the discussion anyway.

This thread is closed too, for that reason.

:heart:

Destee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back