Support : Can't Post New Thread

You can consider my issue resolved. I am sure it was all due to my own ignorance of how things are supposed to work:
  • When I first log in, there will be no Post New Thread button. But, that is okay because the idea is to first scroll down to a particular forum section, such as Community Support for instance, and below that you can click on Post Topic to add a thread to a particular sublevel under Community Support [such as Tech Support – Questions - Suggestions].
  • As an alternative to that, you can first click onto Tech Support – Questions- Suggestions. It is only _then_ that the Post New Thread button appears.
  • But, a caveat, if you click on an existing thread in Tech Support – Questions – Suggestions, such as “Can’t Post New Thread”, the Post New Thread button goes away. I assume this is a consequence of the Post New Thread code being posted under node_forum_level_2 template as you and Dre Money had talked about back in November. Therein was my confusion. I would click into the “Can’t Post New Thread” thread, read where you asked if I could see Post New Thread, and it wasn’t there, so I kept saying it was still a problem, not realizing that is exactly how things are supposed to work. It is actually a good idea, since it makes it more likely you will notice a already existing topic before you can add a duplicate one.

You can consider my issue resolved. I am sure it was all due to my own ignorance of how things are supposed to work:
  • When I first log in, there will be no Post New Thread button. But, that is okay because the idea is to first scroll down to a particular forum section, such as Community Support for instance, and below that you can click on Post Topic to add a thread to a particular sublevel under Community Support [such as Tech Support – Questions - Suggestions].
  • As an alternative to that, you can first click onto Tech Support – Questions- Suggestions. It is only _then_ that the Post New Thread button appears.
  • But, a caveat, if you click on an existing thread in Tech Support – Questions – Suggestions, such as “Can’t Post New Thread”, the Post New Thread button goes away. I assume this is a consequence of the Post New Thread code being posted under node_forum_level_2 template as you and Dre Money had talked about back in November. Therein was my confusion. I would click into the “Can’t Post New Thread” thread, read where you asked if I could see Post New Thread, and it wasn’t there, so I kept saying it was still a problem, not realizing that is exactly how things are supposed to work. It is actually a good idea, since it makes it more likely you will notice a already existing topic before you can add a duplicate one.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ... Wonderful Brother Istlota ... :toast:

Thanks for sharing this with me and us!

Look at you referencing node_forum_level_2 template ... lol ... (i can't hardly do that!) :love:

Bless your heart ... whew! ... I Love You!

If anything else goes wrong, or looks wrong, or anything ... let me know.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back