Health and Wellness : Cancer is a man made disease

Amnat77

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
Environmental and lifestyle factors cause cancer, as a new study finds little evidence of the disease in ancient times

Cancer is a man-made disease caused by modern day environmental factors such as pollution and diet, a new study suggests.

After analysing the remains of hundreds of Egyptian mummies, researchers at the University of Manchester concluded that cancer was extremely rare in ancient times.

Ancient Greek literature rarely refers to illnesses resembling cancer, and there is scant evidence of tumour growth in animal fossils and non-human primates, the researchers said.

Cancer rates in have risen massively since the Industrial Revolution, in particular
childhood cancer, suggesting that the rise is not simply due to people living longer.

Professor Rosalie David, an expert in biomedical Egyptology said: “In industrialised societies, cancer is second only to cardiovascular disease as a cause of death. But in ancient times, it was extremely rare.

There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer. So it has to be a man-made disease, down to pollution and changes to our diet and lifestyle.

“The important thing about our study is that it gives a historical perspective to this disease. We can make very clear statements on the cancer rates in societies because we have a full overview. We have looked at millennia, not one hundred years, and have masses of data.”

Although it has been suggested that shorter life spans may be the reason why the researchers found little evidence of the disease, people in ancient Egypt and Greece lived long enough to show signs of other modern diseases such as hardening of the arteries, osteoporosis and other bone conditions.

Another reason for the lack of tumours in ancient remains could be that tumours may be destroyed during mummification. However, experiments performed by the researchers indicate that tumours should be better preserved than normal tissue.

Radiological surveys of mummies from the Cairo Museum and museums in Europe have also failed to reveal evidence of cancer.

http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/cancer-man-made-disease-caused-by-pollution-diet.htm

Environmental and lifestyle factors cause cancer, as a new study finds little evidence of the disease in ancient times

Cancer is a man-made disease caused by modern day environmental factors such as pollution and diet, a new study suggests.

After analysing the remains of hundreds of Egyptian mummies, researchers at the University of Manchester concluded that cancer was extremely rare in ancient times.

Ancient Greek literature rarely refers to illnesses resembling cancer, and there is scant evidence of tumour growth in animal fossils and non-human primates, the researchers said.

Cancer rates in have risen massively since the Industrial Revolution, in particular
childhood cancer, suggesting that the rise is not simply due to people living longer.

Professor Rosalie David, an expert in biomedical Egyptology said: “In industrialised societies, cancer is second only to cardiovascular disease as a cause of death. But in ancient times, it was extremely rare.

There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer. So it has to be a man-made disease, down to pollution and changes to our diet and lifestyle.

“The important thing about our study is that it gives a historical perspective to this disease. We can make very clear statements on the cancer rates in societies because we have a full overview. We have looked at millennia, not one hundred years, and have masses of data.”

Although it has been suggested that shorter life spans may be the reason why the researchers found little evidence of the disease, people in ancient Egypt and Greece lived long enough to show signs of other modern diseases such as hardening of the arteries, osteoporosis and other bone conditions.

Another reason for the lack of tumours in ancient remains could be that tumours may be destroyed during mummification. However, experiments performed by the researchers indicate that tumours should be better preserved than normal tissue.

Radiological surveys of mummies from the Cairo Museum and museums in Europe have also failed to reveal evidence of cancer.

http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/cancer-man-made-disease-caused-by-pollution-diet.htm

You used the word "rare" which means that there were cases. Also these tests were done only on one race,this is not an accurate/scientific study as it is flawed and wrong.

Human beings have had cancer throughout recorded history. So it is no surprise that from the dawn of history people have written about cancer. Some of the earliest evidence of cancer is found among fossilized bone tumors, human mummies in ancient Egypt, and ancient manuscripts. Bone remains of mummies have revealed growths suggestive of the bone cancer, osteosarcoma. Bony skull destruction as seen in cancer of the head and neck has been found, too.

Our oldest description of cancer (although the word cancer was not used) was discovered in Egypt and dates back to about 1600 B.C. It is called the Edwin Smith Papyrus, and is a copy of part of an ancient Egyptian textbook on trauma surgery. It describes 8 cases of tumors or ulcers of the breast that were treated by cauterization, with a tool called the fire drill. The writing says about the disease, "There is no treatment."

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerBasics/TheHistoryofCancer/index

Peace!

You used the word "rare" which means that there were cases. Also these tests were done only on one race,this is not an accurate/scientific study as it is flawed and wrong.

http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerBasics/TheHistoryofCancer/index

Peace!

Me? i didn't write the frigging article.! and I could easily argue that info coming from the American cancer society is biased.... it's like going to the FDA and expecting them to tell you that prescription medication is very bad for you, and that you are better off getting healthy through change in diet and herbal remedies.:whip:

One of my sons was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer when he was 10 months old. My wife and I noticed a knot on his head that we knew had not been the result of an injury so we took him to our pediatrician. He told us to bring him back in a week if it wasn't gone. Two days later, we noticed it had gotten slightly larger so we took him back that day and insisted that he look into it farther. They did an Xray and discovered a hole in his skull and that the knot was fluid. He was flown that day to a medical center that offered the level of care he needed. The cancer was Neuroblastoma and had metastasized to his head.

We were told that that form of cancer was usually fatal in children over 1 year old and that he was right at that stage where it could go either way. The treatment he received there was second to none and the doctor who treated him was one of, if not THE best doctor I have ever encountered in my entire life. In addition to being extremely knowledgeable he was also a parents dream. He kept us informed at every stage, if we had a thousand questions he patiently and respectfully addressed those questions until we where comfortable. He did not try to force any treatment down our throught but simply advised us of the pros and cons of the options and allowed us to decide on the path to take.

My son is now 20 years old.

It still baffles me how a 10 month old can have cancer, but I do agree that MOST cancer is a result of diet and environment. I also believe the treatment of cancer is pretty much driven by the all mighty dollar and that alternative treatments might be more effective than what most medical professionals offer.

My son was treated by at an Airforce base by an Airforce doctor. Cost was no factor as it didn't cost me a dime. The military actually paid me mileage, lodging, and per diem in addition to my regular salary for each time I had to drive from my base to the medical center were he was treated. At one point, I was a bit concerned that my assigned unit would not allow me the time off that I needed to make the MANY trips back and forth to the medical center so I mentioned it to our doctor. He said "Don't burn any bridges in your unit, but just let them know that if they don't voluntarily allow you to come to each and every appointment, I will have orders cut assigning you to this hospital as your place of duty, so one way or another you will be at these appointments with your son."

This experience is not directly related to this thread, but it was just a very positive experience in my life that I can't help talking about when I hear the subject of cancer come up.

what in this world is not man made?

so if "cancer" is in the air... or consciousness...

and one knows exactly the causes of the "disease" wouldn't one be better equipped to fight it?

until we realize that God is consciousness, and we breathe consciousness into our blood...

it would moreso be where this consciousness is processed in the brain, that would determine how the illness effects the body

children have the capacity to process naturally until the brain is trained to believe

i've known of children who have been born hiv positive and a couple of years later have rid themselves of the virus

my "folks" both died of cancer, and step pops of a heart attack, and I can tell u I won't die of any government diseases

i don't believe that man made diseases are created or fought with an understanding of the power of God

i met a nurse who never smoked a day in her life, however, can't breathe and blames second hand smoke

the lady clearly had control issues, so it is more of a matter of the consciousness she is receiving

if awareness does not activate you, you can only fight with what the world has prepared you with, and since the world does not prepare anyone for anything except serving self

there is more to know then what the world puts out there as truth

any success story is indeed a blessing to be counted, and glory given to GOD

not the military.....

IN GOD I TRUST

even if the world would like credit for what it can not do

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back