Black Entertainment : :-( Cancelled -- Arsenio Hall

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Fine1952, May 31, 2014.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    I actually liked his show and tuned in from time to time.

1Love,
    Fine:heart:

'Arsenio Hall Show' Canceled After 1 Season
    05/30/2014 8:25 pm EDT Updated: 05/30/2014 8:59 pm EDT

[​IMG]

In a statement, Hall said he knew launching the show would be a challenge.

"I'm gratified for the year we've had and proud of the show we created," the actor and comedian added. Read more here

Disclaimer: This topic contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Eye make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of issues relating to us. Eye know this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this topic is distributed without profit to share information for your educational interest.

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    This is bitter-sweet in a way

Arsenio broke the mold for how the late night talk show engine would later be seen as it is today.

Unfortunately, with his return, he attempted to use that same engine to ride in on.
    Instead he probably would have been better as the innovator that he was in the late 80s and 90s.

Would have enjoyed to have seen a more "Concert Flavored" vibe this time.
    Having a combination of artists perform for half an hour, and then interview them for the other half.

A showcase of singers like Amel Larrieux and Alicia Keys or Erykah Badu and Ledsi.
    A rap battle between Rakim and Nas, or MC Lyte and Ra Digga

And the probabilities go on and on.

He really didn't cater to his audience as much this time as he did when it wasn't a "mainstream" thing to do... Arsenio unfortunately, was too "mainstream" to be "not mainstream", which his show was known for.

Jimmy Fallon is doing basically what Arsenio's comeback was trying to do, maybe even better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trying to be an Older Hip person usually never pans out, even Don Cornelius passed the reigns when it was time.

On another note, I think Sway should get his spot now.
    [​IMG]

"YOU AINT GOT THE ANSWERS SWAY!"

Respect

3. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    I knew it wouldn't last, the day of the black talk show ended in the 90s

4. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Flashback Alert!!

And yes, bullying existed in the 90's, not a new trend

But BET had the Black Talk Show thing in decent rotation, between Video Soul and Hits: From the Streets

BET probably hasn't been on an HBCU campus since the takeover.

If Arsenio and Sway could get together and put some decent programming on BET, maybe it would come back... otherwise, the internet has a few droplets of them still, though the content is a bit more murky than it was back then.

Respect

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

He is a victim of White Supremacy at the highest. They warned him about being BLACK and what they would do if he insisted on being black!!! That is what I'd like to talk with him about. I want to know the mans thoughts and feelings are on that and how he feels about his decision knowing in advance what would happen.

6. THE-GOD

Ratings:
    +128
    Do what they white man tells you or get canceled!!!!

7. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    I watched Arsenio's show a couple of times and got a great deal of enjoyment from watching him interact with his guests. CBS (eg. a Jewish owned subsidiary: in fact so-Called Jews own 95% of the airways; therefore the tunnel runs deeper than white supremacy!) is NOT the only game in town. Maybe there is life after CBS; he should petition to become apart of OWN. :spin-happy:

I'd certainly love to see more of him b/c he has talent and knows how to bring out the best is people :lift:

8. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    Ninety-five percent of the media (eg. televison, moviese, radio, newspapers, magazines) is owned and controlled by the so-called Jews.

9. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    True. BTW thx for providing the pictures.

Yah know what? I think somebody doesn't want Arsenio Hall to climb too high. He has the ability to pull a collective audience. That's a good thing and all. However, he appears to get just a little tooo happy when he is communicating with his own "kind". A win-win actually --for Him and for "his kind"...!

10. THE-GOD

Ratings:
    +128
    "so called JEWS" I don't deal with religion, YOU or I can't tell the difference between a "jew" and a regular Caucasoid. Donald Sterling is a "jew" can you tell"? Most so called "jews" are nothing more then Polacks, Germans, and Russians.