Black People : Canadian imported spices not as contaminated as U.S. imported spices, officials say

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    [​IMG]Don't worry, Canadians. Our spices aren't nearly as contaminated. (Thinkstock)Following the recent announcement that extreme filth has been found by American food inspectors in 12 per cent of imported spices and herbs, the Canadian government has assured the public that spices imported into Canada are much cleaner.
    Last week, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration released a report that showed everything from insect parts, bird feathers, bat hair, mouse excrement and rubber bands have been found in imported spices, reports the Washington Post.
    The FDA study identified 14 outbreaks worldwide -- including Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, the United Kingdom and the U.S. -- that involved spices and resulted in 2,000 people reporting illnesses from 1973 to 2010.
    Also see: Some apple juices may contain harmful levels of toxic substance
    Many of the popular spices and herbs -- including basil, mint, pepper, nutmeg, oregano, parsley, thyme, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, allspice -- came from India, Vietnam, China and Mexico.
    The bacteria found inside the imported spices include salmonella, shigella (a bacteria that mainly causes vomiting and diarrhea in small children), and the potentially deadly Staphylococcus aureus.
    In response to this finding, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency say they have not found the same degree of filth as the American authorities.
    Also see: Spices that are giving your body a healthy boost
    "The CFIA has been sampling and testing spices for various allergens, chemical residues and microbiology concerns. To date, the results have indicated a high degree of compliance," Elena Koutsavakis, a spokesperson for the agency, tells the Toronto Star.
    For example, Canadian spice samples show a 0.01 per cent
    http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shi...ontaminated-u-spices-officials-212750266.html

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Thanks for sharing. This is sickening, for real.

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    [email protected]...not my spices....

:10800:

one love
    khasm

4. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

The Caribbean have good clean spices, nutmeg, cinnamon. I am still amazed why people import food for human consumption from those countries. Those countries do not have hygiene or food safety on their list of priorities.:(

5. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

I read my food labels carefully, I do not eat anything that comes from China. I do not eat Chinese fast food either.