Black People : Canada Considers Banning Fit'ty Cent

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Dual Karnayn, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Call to ban 50 Cent from Canada
    November 24, 2005 - 2:17PM

Bad-boy rapper 50 Cent is not welcome in Canada, says a lawmaker representing Toronto, the country's biggest city, which has been gripped by a recent wave of gun violence.

MP Dan McTeague called on officials to prevent 50 Cent, who has a criminal record, from entering the country because he allegedly promotes gun violence.

"Toronto has witnessed unprecedented violence on its streets and deaths as a result of gang warfare, gang culture," McTeague told AFP.

"This is not a question of censorship," he said. "This is a question of trying to protect impressionable young men in our communities who are being destroyed in the prime of their lives."

Gang violence has claimed 49 lives in several incidents this year in Toronto, including the shooting death last week of a 17-year-old boy outside the funeral of his best friend, who had also been shot dead.

Most blame the United States for exporting its gun culture and weapons north, officials told AFP.

http://smh.com.au/news/people/call-to-ban-50-cent-from-canada/2005/11/24/1132703299004.html

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :terrific: :toast: :toast: :toast: :jumping: :jumping: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

ABOUT TIME SOMEONE IS TAKING A STAND, AND NOT TOLERATING DESTRUCTION AMONGST YOUNG PEOPLE!

When are we going to do something to protect our young brothas? Or are we going to use the money he produces as an excuse to keep him going?

By the way, while banning Curtis Jackson, how about banning Metallica?

CD

3. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Cedric

I'm in total agreement with you.

I've seen the negative effect this imported trash is having on the Black and Brown youth of Canada.

Because so many of them lack an identity of thier own, they attach themselves to the images of Black Americans they see in the entertainment industry not knowing that those images are carefully selected for the purpose of making us look like criminals and thugs.

I think 50's slave-master Eminem along with the white heavy metal bands that promote violence, satanism, and incest should also be banned.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ......................Then you wonder why we are called the "Richest Country in the World." Yes we do make money, but most of it is not good for us. For example, may I ask Family - Would you congratulate businesses for selling out of Harry Potter books? All that is is witchcraft and sorcery amongst the people of this nation.

CD

5. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    to ceddy....

you know ceddy your right. god is against all that but people are caught up with the fantasy and forgotwhat their caught up with. did you know they got a school that exist like that. i laughed because i love superman and i don't remember going to school to become super hahaha.:blowkiss:

hope you don't mind me calling you that if you do then i'll stop.
    i thought that was a cute little name from the steve harvey show.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Sorry to disagree with this. Canadian black people do have identity that they identify with. The underground railroad went straight to Canada. They even have a museum on "UNCLE TOM" telling the real story where he is regarded as a hero for those who know the actual history. Canada also is one of the few places with a complete "africancentered school". You might want to research Canadian black people a little more...I'm one of them.

Furthermore, since I'm addressing you. I did mean to inform you that although I am not a muslim, I once was. Not only a Sunni but a shiite, an Ansar, a five percenter, a NOI and a Sufi. We do not want to go there when it comes to Islam, the history, the death legacy, the anti woman and pagan (moon god) Allah based theology. Just thought I'd let you know. Choose any subject any version of the Qu'ran or any history pertaining to those hook nose Arabs and I will rip it !! P.S. DO NOT TRY TO PUT ME IN A BOX OR CLASSIFY WHAT CAN NOT BE CLASSIFIED.

Peace !!

7. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I agree Brother Keita.

8. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I don't agree with the LYRICS of 'gansta' rap, but in my personal opinion, this is an act of racism not geninue concern for eliminating violence.

Contrary to what the world believes, Americans and in this case black Americans are not the only ones that has violence in music, movies and television shows. Japanese anime is more violent than an American R-rated movie. Is that being banned over there? There are other foreign movies from many countries that contain just as much violence. Are they getting banned?

And let's not even get started on 'white'-dominated heavy metal. As has been stated, this genre of music condones blasphemy, Satanism and who knows what else. The lyrics are just as evil and destructive as anything found in rap music.

So my thing is if they're going to ban 50 Cent, then they need to ban any and everything else both in their culture and others that contains excessive violence. Nothing would be left if you do that... even the Bible contains violence!

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    his lyrical maze is heavy and destructional wise
    but is it really all about fifty ?.........

10. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Keita

Did I say "Black Canadians lacked an identity"?

What were my exact words?

That's good to know....but what does it have to do with the subject of this thread?

And why are you posting "off topic" in big bold black letters?