Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Concerning the debt of nations, it is a bit different.

Most nations (including this one) throughout history go into debt on account of warfare and war expenditures.

This is also a great reason (excuse) to substitute paper notes for gold and silver specie.

The United States started out in debt because of the American Revolution.
The only time in US history the federation was completely debt free was 1834-35.
Since the Civil War we went into debt on account of war and haven't looked back.
The federation's debt at the end of the Civil War was $1 billion dollars.

Wow ... that is so kewl ... Thank you for sharing! :toast:

Okay ... i'll quit trying to appease myself by saying ... i aint alone, the country is in debt too! ... :wink:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Shikamaru

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2011
Wow ... that is so kewl ... Thank you for sharing! :toast:

Okay ... i'll quit trying to appease myself by saying ... i aint alone, the country is in debt too! ... :wink:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Let it suffice to say that war can be extremely profitable... particularly for international lenders ....

Shikamaru

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2011
so wht abt during the clinton era....i recall hearing clinton got the US out of debt

Clinton balanced the budget. The US was still in debt, but the debt was declining.

Think of the budget as the income statement over a fiscal year. The overall debt would be in the statement of financial condition.

Budget surpluses or deficits would accrue over time and show in the statement of financial condition.

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.
cherryblossom wrote on WARRIOR's profile.
Hey, Warrior! Right On!