destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

With DNA being the current standard for convicting / absolving folk from crimes, and us being the ones most labeled criminal, can any of us read it?

In addition to proving us criminal, it seems to be at the heart of many things these days.

Read it, may be the wrong phrase, as it may be more than just "reading," but i think you all know what i mean.

Do you know how to determine if the DNA present is yours, or someone else's?

If you were charged with a crime, and told that your DNA was present, how would you refute that?

Do you know anyone that can read / determine DNA?

Could you afford your own DNA experts, if needed? How much do they cost?

Do you know the steps needed to determine DNA? What specific tools are used?

Is this process so beyond the average person, that we simply have to accept what others say?

I remember Brother OldSoul shared that way back in the day, finger printing was the top technology used to convict many Black People of crimes. He said that folk were led to believe that the process was scientific and sure, and if they said they had your fingerprint, you were good as convicted. Only to find years later, that it is often a judgment call, connecting points / dots and not a real whole fingerprint matching up. In addition, we know they've been wrong many times.

Even with DNA, folk have been convicted, only to find it was read wrong. So it too is subject to error, as fingerprinting is.

So ... who amongst us can read / determine DNA?

What are the steps in learning how to do this?

Can the average person do this?

How fair is it, to use a technology against us, that we don't understand, can't afford, and have no access to expert opinons to counter their expert opinions?

We need some DNA experts of our own. Who are the Black DNA experts in the world?

What path (lessons, studies, etc.) would our children need to take, in order to become a DNA expert?

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:

With DNA being the current standard for convicting / absolving folk from crimes, and us being the ones most labeled criminal, can any of us read it?

In addition to proving us criminal, it seems to be at the heart of many things these days.

Read it, may be the wrong phrase, as it may be more than just "reading," but i think you all know what i mean.

If you were charged with a crime, and told that your DNA was present, how would you refute that?

Is this process so beyond the average person, that we simply have to accept what others say?

I remember Brother OldSoul shared that way back in the day, finger printing was the top technology used to convict many Black People of crimes. He said that folk were led to believe that the process was scientific and sure, and if they said they had your fingerprint, you were good as convicted. Only to find years later, that it is often a judgment call, connecting points / dots and not a real whole fingerprint matching up. In addition, we know they've been wrong many times.

Even with DNA, folk have been convicted, only to find it was read wrong. So it too is subject to error, as fingerprinting is.

How fair is it, to use a technology against us, that we don't understand, can't afford, and have no access to expert opinons to counter their expert opinions?

We need some DNA experts of our own. Who are the Black DNA experts in the world?

What path (lessons, studies, etc.) would our children need to take, in order to become a DNA expert?

Destee
dna???i can barely make out the wife's weekly grocery list[smile].

Destee said:

Destee

:SuN044: :10200: :teach: Yes, I have done the tests and am able to interpret DNA

jamesfrmphilly said:
they would have to turn off BET and read some science books.....:SuN013:

Yeah Brother James ... we just gotta encourage them in this way, give them the steps to take, let them know that it is attainable, and no doubt quite lucrative ... considering the number of Black Folk that may need this service ... and how empowering it must be, to be able to do this kind of work.

Yeah ... i'm with you!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back