Black People : Can You Name Some Wealthy Black Nationalists?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

This topic came up in another thread, and i'm of the opinion that there are none.

I'd love to be wrong, for it would be great for our children to see such.

Based on what i've learned, being a nationalist, revolutionary, committing your life to Black People, generally means you are going to have a very hard life, a struggle, with little financial compensation to show for your hard work and dedication. In most cases, i think it would be safe to say that had those who chose this route, went the more lucrative mainstream american way, they would have fared better financially.

I believe this society has safeguards built in to guarantee any Black Person trying to work for the betterment of their own people exclusively, will probably starve to death. With the conditioning so many of us manifest, the crab in the barrel mentality, afraid to help another Sister or Brother for fear they may have one dime or dollar more than you, insidiously works to insure this.

In 2006 I started this thread ... Benefits Package for a Revolutionary ... and few benefits were listed.

This is a very important topic. It speaks to the hope we can have for our youth to be moved to work for their own people, and based on what seems obvious, there is very little reason for them to do such. Certainly no reasons that can encourage them that their people will have their back, or that there will be any reward that can feed, clothe, and shelter them in the manner they could get from others.

If we are to get from where we are, to where we need to be, we must overcome this piece.

While i have this opinion, and have held it for some time now, i would love to be wrong.

Can you name some wealthy black nationalists, currently living today? If so, please do.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126
    Exactly!!!!!!