Black People : Can You Name a Fact that is NOT Based on Opinion? If so, please post it in this thread - Thanks!

2 + 2 = 4

PV = nRT

You can lead a fool to knowlege, but you can not make them think

homosexuality did not begin on Lesbos

Climate Change is real

Black is beautiful

GOD is

Peace and Blessings Family,

Can you name a fact that is NOT based on opinion? If so, please do so below.

I'd like to better understand what exactly a fact is ... and having these examples will help toward that end.

Thanks a Bunch!

:heart:

Destee

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......First, lets agree upon definitions that clarify facts from opinions. If accepted, here's one Sister Destee:

Fact and Opinion
A fact is something that is true about a subject and can be tested or proven.
Look for clues such as: " 56% of...., or "The patient experienced..."
An opinion is what someone thinks about that subject.
Look for clues such as:"I believe...", "It's obvious...", or "They should..."
http://mrsdell.org/gr2/factopinion.html

From here, we may be able to determine the differences between the two, if definitions cannot be stipulated and accepted, it will be difficult to do so.

For example, here's more insight or opinion to the famous question...Is the earth flat or round?

oblate-spheroid-tm.jpg
8. The Big Blue Marble
The Earth is, in fact, not really round. It is called an oblate spheroid meaning it’s slightly flattened on the top and bottom poles.

As well known and well traveled as our planet is, there are still new things being discovered every day. In fact, most of our oceans haven’t even been explored yet which is why when new depths are located; they often come with hundreds of new species. Rain forests offer up new animals and plants as often as we can explore them. The Earth is constantly changing, shifting, and exposing new secrets for humans to marvel at. It took many years and many great minds to solve the problem of getting through Earth’s atmosphere into the wide expanse of space beyond. Here are ten amazing facts about our home that you may not be aware of.

http://listverse.com/2007/11/20/top-10-amazing-earth-facts/

Peace In,

.......First, lets agree upon definitions that clarify facts from opinions. If accepted, here's one Sister Destee:

Fact and Opinion
A fact is something that is true about a subject and can be tested or proven.
Look for clues such as: " 56% of...., or "The patient experienced..."
An opinion is what someone thinks about that subject.
Look for clues such as:"I believe...", "It's obvious...", or "They should..."
http://mrsdell.org/gr2/factopinion.html

From here, we may be able to determine the differences between the two, if definitions cannot be stipulated and accepted, it will be difficult to do so.

For example, here's more insight or opinion to the famous question...Is the earth flat or round?

oblate-spheroid-tm.jpg
8. The Big Blue Marble
The Earth is, in fact, not really round. It is called an oblate spheroid meaning it’s slightly flattened on the top and bottom poles.

As well known and well traveled as our planet is, there are still new things being discovered every day. In fact, most of our oceans haven’t even been explored yet which is why when new depths are located; they often come with hundreds of new species. Rain forests offer up new animals and plants as often as we can explore them. The Earth is constantly changing, shifting, and exposing new secrets for humans to marvel at. It took many years and many great minds to solve the problem of getting through Earth’s atmosphere into the wide expanse of space beyond. Here are ten amazing facts about our home that you may not be aware of.

http://listverse.com/2007/11/20/top-10-amazing-earth-facts/

Peace In,

Brother Clyde ... why are you talking to me ... :lol: ... hahahaha ... :lol: ... i'm just kidding ... :love:

I Love You! ... :grouphug:

Okay ... i shared my definition ... there is no substantive difference between a fact and an opinion.

They are essentially one and the same, varying only in one's mind, depending on how much of it they believe.

I don't want to necessarily be right on this, as it upsets the whole apple cart, but the truth is the truth.

I'd like to be proven wrong, so I asked for examples that might do just that ... prove my thinking wrong.

You then substantiate my claim by showing how flimsy the fact regarding the shape of the earth, actually is.

You not finna make me krazee Brother Clyde ... i'm already krazee ... lol ... :love:

Love You! :kiss:

Destee

Brother Clyde ... why are you talking to me ... :lol: ... hahahaha ... :lol: ... i'm just kidding ... :love:

I Love You! ... :grouphug:

Okay ... i shared my definition ... there is no substantive difference between a fact and an opinion.

They are essentially one and the same, varying only in one's mind, depending on how much of it they believe.

I don't want to necessarily be right on this, as it upsets the whole apple cart, but the truth is the truth.

I'd like to be proven wrong, so I asked for examples that might do just that ... prove my thinking wrong.

You then substantiate my claim by showing how flimsy the fact regarding the shape of the earth, actually is.

You not finna make me krazee Brother Clyde ... i'm already krazee ... lol ... :love:

Love You! :kiss:

Destee

.......And you speak truth to power, Sister Destee, the truth is the truth. Also, your definition explaining the differences between opinion and fact is very plausible; and by no means are you out at sea or on the short bus...:bus::

Destee

Let's agree to add this to your definition: Truth about a subject that can be tested and proven becomes fact.

Otherwise, you are correct to say facts are the same as opinions, unless its something we know, tested and proved.

There are things we know to be factual when proven or tested, agreed? For example, your immediate family members know you are a black female, a fact to them; but opinion to all others yet to test or prove that fact.

Lastly, you did well pointing out how flimsy it is to say the earth is either flat or round, when according to the opinion of the link source provided, its a little of both.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back