Black People : Can You Name a Fact that is NOT Based on Opinion? If so, please post it in this thread - Thanks!

Okay Yall ... :lol: ... i'm gonna need you to name facts that folk might actually debate ... :look: ... :lol:

This is getting deeper than i thot ... (insert pulling hair out smilie) ... my mind thinks deep ... and it just went over a cliff ... :lol:

i miss my mind ... :bye:

I'm listening and will respond ... i don't want to make this more confuzzled than it has to be ... so i'm gonna think before responding ... :thinking:

Love You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Please slow down.

Peace In,

Okay Family ... since posting this thread last year, and thinking on this more, i'm convinced ... there is no such thing as a fact.

I'm not sure why that word was even created, except to more easily convince us that what is being presented is truth.

So a person prefaces their comment with ... this is a fact ... as if that alone adds validity to what they are saying.

It's been proven time and time again, that what was presented as fact ... turned out to be not true.

For example ... it was fact for a very long time ... to some ... that the earth was flat.

That stopped being a fact, when newer opinion / evidence was presented that convinced folk otherwise.

Even in a court of law ... the so called facts are that ... because someone believes the opinion being presented.

Usually ... in the case of a jury ... if 12 people believe the evidence ... then the evidence becomes fact.

But ultimately it's still only the opinion of the 12 jurors ... not fact at all ... just opinion.

Even so called expert opinion ... often taken as fact ... is presented as opinion.

I've come to the conclusion that a person can claim anything to be a fact ... if they believe that's what it is.

Making facts no more than glorified opinions.

Destee

Okay Family ... since posting this thread last year, and thinking on this more, i'm convinced ... there is no such thing as a fact.

I'm not sure why that word was even created, except to more easily convince us that what is being presented is truth.

So a person prefaces their comment with ... this is a fact ... as if that alone adds validity to what they are saying.

It's been proven time and time again, that what was presented as fact ... turned out to be not true.

For example ... it was fact for a very long time ... to some ... that the earth was flat.

That stopped being a fact, when newer opinion / evidence was presented that convinced folk otherwise.

Even in a court of law ... the so called facts are that ... because someone believes the opinion being presented.

Usually ... in the case of a jury ... if 12 people believe the evidence ... then the evidence becomes fact.

But ultimately it's still only the opinion of the 12 jurors ... not fact at all ... just opinion.

Even so called expert opinion ... often taken as fact ... is presented as opinion.

I've come to the conclusion that a person can claim anything to be a fact ... if they believe that's what it is.

Making facts no more than glorified opinions.

Destee

I will not argue the point with you on this one because I have come to a similar, if not identical, conclusion, as you stated, "if they believe that's what it is". Which is why, since you posted this thread, I have tried not to insist folks "show and prove" FACTS, while at the same time it makes things easier for me to ignore such demands to provide "evidence" and this has saved me alot of wated time arguing with or against such demands.

I have to constantly remind myself this is a discussion forum in which there is no requirement to adhere to scientific method or legalistic proof but keeping as paramount the matter of RESPECT whether I agree or disagree with the perspective/opinion of others.

Peace and Thank You for providing US with a Home in which to engage in such interactions.

I will not argue the point with you on this one because I have come to a similar, if not identical, conclusion, as you stated, "if they believe that's what it is". Which is why, since you posted this thread, I have tried not to insist folks "show and prove" FACTS, while at the same time it makes things easier for me to ignore such demands to provide "evidence" and this has saved me alot of wated time arguing with or against such demands.

I have to constantly remind myself this is a discussion forum in which there is no requirement to adhere to scientific method or legalistic proof but keeping as paramount the matter of RESPECT whether I agree or disagree with the perspective/opinion of others.

Peace and Thank You for providing US with a Home in which to engage in such interactions.

Thanks Brother O ... i'm open to correction ... for i know a whole lot less than most ... and willingly admit it.

Oftentimes, when folk are presenting "facts" ... it's just the stuff that lends credence to their position.

Usually ... there is a plethora of "facts" contradicting their "facts" ... but they don't usually present that.

Even then ... the "facts" ... are rarely personally witnessed events ... but their belief in the bearer of the facts.

We've been so hoodwinked, bamboozled, and led astray ... i think it's time out for accepting facts as facts without scrutiny.

We're so gullible it seems ... all one has to do is say it ... get 15 other people saying the same ... and it's a fact!

Aint witnessed nuth'n ... don't know if any of what is shared even exists ... but we'll argue it as if we saw it with our own eyes.

Amazing to me.

Love You ... and thanks for sticking with me all these years ... i know it aint been easy ... :love:

Much Much Love and Peace! :grouphug:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back