Black People : Can You Make The Connections?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Apr 16, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    http://www.africana.com/articles/daily/mu20040414tipdrill.asp

Which is the greater good? Spellman ladies were right in my own opinion. This connects to "Does Race Matter in Rape" thread in the women's section; and how I had stated that sometimes We put historical racial perspectives (past and present); on how We deal with those who "hurt" Us.
    So, because Nelly was there for a wonderful and great and needed reason; should the women have made that paramount over the disgusting, degrading images that He portray of black women-- which I suggest hurts the majority of Us even more?

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I also agree, and it is time that positive minded blacks took a stand against these images. In fact it has been about 10 years since I have followed rap or music videos, because I didn't like the images being shown. Sadly though I applaud the message sent by the ladies of Spellman, I doubt thier protest will make a difference. With the rap buying audience being 90% white, it is no coincidence that more positive hip hop like Public Enemy, Dead Prez, Mos Def, Common, KRS-1, etc. doesn't sell that well.