Black Spirituality Religion : Can You Live and Let Live ?

Hello Family,

Why does it seem difficult for us to do this, when it comes to Spirituality and Religion?

Way too often, our discussion centers on proving that someone else's life choice is wrong, rather than edifying the life choices we've made.

There is evidence of this throughout the forum.

Why, when it comes to Spirituality and Religion, do we find it so hard to live and let live?

Was it designed this way, to keep us criticizing, mocking, and denigrating each other?

Is it possible for us to simply live our own life choices respectfully, while allowing others to do the same?

What is it about religion, that makes us have to tear another down, to lift ourselves up?

:heart:

Destee

IMO it is too much like right to just live and let live. It is very easy to say but for some very hard to do. It is a shame to see folks tearing each other down in the guise of *teaching and enlightening*......

If happens far too much here. Person A states an opinion/religion, Person B comes through and proceeds to tell them how ignorant they are because they believe what they believe. Then Person B brow beats Person A, post two encyclopedia's worth of *evidence/research* on what they believe. If Person A sticks to their guns and beliefs then it is all out war. This is ridiculous, people are going to believe what they wanna believe, period. No amount of brow beating and name calling is going to change that.

IMO it is too much like right to just live and let live. It is very easy to say but for some very hard to do. It is a shame to see folks tearing each other down in the guise of *teaching and enlightening*......

If happens far too much here. Person A states an opinion/religion, Person B comes through and proceeds to tell them how ignorant they are because they believe what they believe. Then Person B brow beats Person A, post two encyclopedia's worth of *evidence/research* on what they believe. If Person A sticks to their guns and beliefs then it is all out war. This is ridiculous, people are going to believe what they wanna believe, period. No amount of brow beating and name calling is going to change that.

Lady this is untrue. I am not trying to brow beat you. But, I have succeeded in changing the beliefs of SEVERAL Christians, a Jehovah's Witness, many atheists, 2 Muslims, and a few undecideds.

I do understand what you are saying though. But, some people actually do want truth...they don't care if the truth is different from what they already believe. For those people, it is our duty to help them find it! Some people get brow beat in the process, but how else would we know who REALLY desires truth unless we challenged EVERYONE? For me, it really does come from a place of love. So, I am forced to continue my quest. But let me say, that am completely fine with leaving people to their own beliefs as long as they say "leave me alone about what I believe"...like Cherry. Since my goal is not to offend or tear down...I will do as she asks. However, some people want to PRETEND like they are seeking or speaking TRUTH but won't examine, seek, or discuss ALL OF THE EVIDENCE, facts, and/or logic. Those people are forced to defend their beliefs because they are trying to get others to believe lies...and we can't have that.:em0100:

Peace and love

i feel you sis LC

This is ridiculous, people are going to believe what they wanna believe, period.

i feel the ridiculous thing is the stuff people "be(lie)ve". people just bring information, i respect that fact that you don't agreed how it's carried out and i agree

so that's why we here alot of times you may give someone info you know they're not going to use but you put it out there away because somebody
might learn something new

just because people are going to believe what they believe that's no reason to give up spreading truth, i mean look at Black People we don't give up so easy you know that had to kill us, maim us, lynch us, rape us before we gave in but i'm not trying to give up

your signature says it all for me, we just hope that something is not a lie
that you're standing on

peace

again i respect what you say and i'm NOT in total disagreement

i agree

Those people are forced to defend their beliefs because they are trying to get others to believe lies...and we can't have that.:em0100:

although maybe the methods need to be reexamined still we need to continue

truth will ALWAYS be rejected with aggression

i mean afterall is the matrix about "truth" lol

i think we're all trying to learn and grow here

if you're not here to learn then step aside and let us continue growing and they can post whatever just don't hold the rest of us back

Lady this is untrue. I am not trying to brow beat you. But, I have succeeded in changing the beliefs of SEVERAL Christians, a Jehovah's Witness, many atheists, 2 Muslims, and a few undecideds.

I do understand what you are saying though. But, some people actually do want truth...they don't care if the truth is different from what they already believe. For those people, it is our duty to help them find it! Some people get brow beat in the process, but how else would we know who REALLY desires truth unless we challenged EVERYONE? For me, it really does come from a place of love. So, I am forced to continue my quest. But let me say, that am completely fine with leaving people to their own beliefs as long as they say "leave me alone about what I believe"...like Cherry. Since my goal is not to offend or tear down...I will do as she asks. However, some people want to PRETEND like they are seeking or speaking TRUTH but won't examine, seek, or discuss ALL OF THE EVIDENCE, facts, and/or logic. Those people are forced to defend their beliefs because they are trying to get others to believe lies...and we can't have that.:em0100:

Peace and love

First of all, I never said once that YOU are brow beating anyone. But I guess a hit dog will holler.

Second of all, I have no desire to engage in a cyber argument with you or anyone else on this site, I was expressing my opinion, answering the question the way I saw fit.

Third of all, I will never understand why on this site people are bullied into defending their opinions. I don't have to defend anything to anyone and that does not make me lesser of a person because I chose not to fall into that trap.....carry on..... :horse:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back