Black Spirituality Religion : Can You Live and Let Live ?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family,

Why does it seem difficult for us to do this, when it comes to Spirituality and Religion?

Way too often, our discussion centers on proving that someone else's life choice is wrong, rather than edifying the life choices we've made.

There is evidence of this throughout the forum.

Why, when it comes to Spirituality and Religion, do we find it so hard to live and let live?

Was it designed this way, to keep us criticizing, mocking, and denigrating each other?

Is it possible for us to simply live our own life choices respectfully, while allowing others to do the same?

What is it about religion, that makes us have to tear another down, to lift ourselves up?

:heart:

Destee

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i agree 100%. live and let live.
    i am interested in doing me and i want everyone else to do them.
    when i was more angry i was into scoring points on other people.
    now i just want to have peace.

3. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    I think its because so many people have religion, but hardy anybody studies religion.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    yup! as long as folks are arguing about "religion" they aren't paying attention to "the man behind the curtain" ... who created this mess .. nor are they able to get in touch with their own Spirituality, wherein is the InnerPeace that is sought through "religion". true enough; when the Spirit moves in church, it is a really nice taste of "Spirituality", but only a taste. (yeah; as nice and sweet as that is, it's only a very small crumb!!!) also, as long as folks are "content" to "turn it over to a higher authority", they don't get used to, or even get to acknowledge, that they are their bestest "authority". i.e., they'll just follow along without thinking it through for themselves. think about that: born into this world with only those resources inside of that skin, we actually are everything needed to survive. sure, a few extra things are quite "handy", but survival does happen with not much more than that.

"live and let live" is the way it works ... until "money" comes into the picture!! between these two ... well, just look at this world!!

5. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    I think if someone is willing to promote and minister their perception of god and theology to others they should also be willing to defend it against inquiry from others.

6. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    WE have always been spiritual.

my thoughts,

Since our people have a historical basis in spirituality,and today many adopt the spiritual systems that are given to them besides the ones they inherit along with us as people trying to unite worldwide,than we need to comprehend each other on the basis of sharing data about the spiritual systems.However,all to often they grow into debates and such about the context of the systems and/or books instead of how we can apply them to our liberation.

Yes it does happen way to often,but from my experience it begins when that individual tries to spread their practices among people who know alot (sometimes more) about those practices than the actual practictioner.Then it flows into what you said.

see my first answer

As long as we do not learn to accept each others beliefs without denigrating them AND those people with those beliefs not try and spread them like wildfire among those who know (sometimes more) about their practices but do not practice it themselves.A mere sharing of data should be enough so we comprehend where we stand on certain things in spirituality.But all to often they flow into "debates" on the validity of the data,its age,etc.

YES,but UNITY to some means a common ideology in ALL aspects,which is false.Disagreement is inevitable,but only when that disagreement begins to stagnate our progress in this universe and/or leaves an opening for the divide and conquer methods used by COINTELPRO does that disagreement need to be settled on terms of a common ground.

see above response.

7. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    Amos:3:3: Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Liberation requires One vision.

8. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    We love each other but it is "Time" for the "Change"*

Hotep

In the name of all things great and powerful and in the name of the divine so-called "African" ancestors may the peace and blessings continue to come and be among their divine children who have been found and called "Africans in America".

We will live and let live because of the devine love that should be in each of us for our brothers and sisters who are oppressed, spoiled and must be liberated by any means necessary.

The love that should be in each of us...if not there...it is because what we think as a result of what we have been taught by a stranger who we know and have no doubt that this stranger is the worse enemy that we have ever faced in the history of the Earth.

They were out side (invading) of us (in-slaving our body) but now they are inside of us (occupying) as well...in-slaving (Our Minds) us from the inside! What we have will not and can not liberate us and if it were possible...to break away for a time, most of us would be brought right back (voluntarily) into a worst place than before like a run away slave because the "shackles" are still in the mind.

We are living in a time ware "Change" is taking place all over the "Earth" and there is nothing any one can do...because this is of a "Divine" origin and nature. It will happen as it has long ago already started. Things will never ever be the same as before...we are witnessing the answer for justice to the suffering of the divine (Kemet-Alkebulan) so-called African ancestors.

If you believe in prayer then how can you not think (Your) that their prayers and cries through the centuries will continue to go unanswered? This is your time! The end of the old and start of a "New Heaven and New Earth". You did not come after it but it is coming after you because even though you have forgotten your (duty) name and think you are something else than what you are created...the "Creator" knows and demands the return to "Balance".

We are created to be the "Care Takers" of the "Earth" but we have been removed from that position by a imposture (Fake) who has trick you and re-wrote history and removed you (and your ancestors) and put them self (europeans or Aryans) in "Your" place as the "Care Takers".

You have not been doing your G-d given authority because the faker has (Stolen your Legacy) been pretending to do your job after they were able to trick you into thinking they are the ones and you are not! Now things are out of "Balance" because you are not in your proper position in this "Life". And the impostors don't know what they are doing and things are out of "Balance"!

The "Earth" is now reacting to this imbalance by entering the (stages) process of "Elimination" to return to it's divine balance. But if we don't reclaim our divine "Mind" and soon we will be (included with the problem) mistaken for the (dis-eased-mind) "Trash" that must be (destroyed) removed...this is our dalima.

We don't have time to waste...and some one is only trying to wake us up and we get angery by being shaken to wake up!..out of a "Deep" sleep of "Spiritual" death. But as it is said..."These Dry Bones Will Rise Again"! The dry bones is "You"!

We can not be successful in the white mind we are in...this mind is being rejected by the natural laws of nature and justice. The choice is yours because soon this voice will be silent. The time will come when the "Alarm" will cut off. All that we have especially and most importantly the "White" mans "Religion" has to go...it is not for us and is only used to control us and make us the Slaves that we are.

We have been taught a lie and there is no need for us to dignify this lie any longer...as we have lifted them up for too long. The world is "Only" standing on (Africa's) our shoulders as its foundation. If we are the foundation...and we are...then it is our duty to come up from the bottom and shake off all of the filth we have picked up from being on the ground for 500 years in America alone and more than 3,000+ years in (white invasions) so-called Africa.

In the words of our dear brother Dr. Neely Fuller who is also a voice calling us to wake up!..."The system of white supremacy is the worst thing in the known universe and every thing that goes wrong in that system is the fault of the owners of that system". That system...lives in...its most trusted institusion...ware no one would think to look...in the approved sanctified racist "Religion" of white Supremacy".

Know the truth and the truth will make you free. Know your self and return to your (ancestors) own. You are not to remain the "Slaves" that you are now...this is absolutly un-exceptible to the natural order of things and most of all..."Your Spirituality". Your spirituality is not the religions you have fallen into today...but what has been force on you while you were first put to spiritual sleep with "False" docterins of worship during slavery.

Now today you feel pretty proud of yourself only after 141 short years from the "Emancipation-Proclamation" sign by president Lincoln freeing your great, great, great grand parents thus freeing you from chattel Slavery. What can the freed...in body only...slave give to his or her children?? Nothing...with few exception but to teach the children to be a Slave also...until some one comes from the outside to take you from the inside of your slave masters "White House".

Some will be glad to hear the good news and others will be angry because they have no intentions on ever leaving their Slave Masters Children and be "Liberated" in "Mind" first. There is absolutely no place for a white mind in the head of a so-called Liberated African.

Ase`

Note: It is justice to give something in place of what is taken away. When you take something from a person such as illusions...it is only justice to give them direction so that they can find their way out of the darkness.

9. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94

Ezek:37:3: And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.

Ezek:37:4: Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.

Ezek:37:5: Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

Ezek:37:11: Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

10. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    do not forget about those at home and othe places in the Diaspora.