Black People : Can You Handle Probing Challenges To Your Commentary ?

First of all:

There is a difference between an idealized and realistic approaches to revealing certain things to our people, i. e., when it comes to personal evolution/growth/progress/etc.

In either or both cases:

People are either going to choose to be rational and reasonable etc., or they are going to choose not to be...

Therefore, one has to both attempt to reach and/or teach by example, since it should be pretty obvious many of our folk have little patience with a lot of talk/little action, even though it takes both in order for any of us to hope and pray to 'make a difference', etc.:

Some past black mass movements are to blame, which were top heavy with orators etc.and rallying less than knowledgeable people into action, though their grassroots and/or national organizations activists etc. taught them nothing or little about being true activists etc. too..

I. e., we've had activists who were (or are) reflections of mere protest politics. hence no true social/political/etc. movements...

Now we need new (and truly real) ones!

:fyi:

Peace and Blessings Family,

Can you handle hard hitting, probing challenges to your commentary?

I absolutely love it! It's rare that I get it though, at the levels I enjoy most, and rarer still to have time to partake ... but i do love it.

I think it provides me a great opportunity to learn some stuff I never knew, especially when someone can get me off my square. That's hot!

Many of us though, seem to get offended if someone challenges what we've said, as if we could never be wrong, misinformed, etc.

So I'm wondering, how do you all receive such challenges to what you share here ... is it kewl that others disagree with you?

I've been disagreed with so much, challenged on so many things, that if it stopped I'd know something was wrong ... and immediately begin checking for a pulse! :)

With the answers still pending, ones that satisfy all our collective needs, I think we must challenge each other ... the harder (respectfully of course) the better.

We must at least begin to ask and answer the hard questions, there's just no time for tip-toeing around the elephants in the room, pretending we don't see them.

I think it's an absolute great thing, when done respectfully, that provides great example for our youth.

Anywho ... i was just wondering ... can you handle being challenged without taking it as a personal attack?

For that matter ... can you challenge someone, without making it appear as a personal attack ... remaining focused only on the topic?

I'd imagine the very best debaters must be able to do both these things ... must'n they? ... :)

Looking forward to your responses.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee
i was just wondering ... can you handle being challenged without taking it as a personal attack?

Some can and some cannot

Peace and Blessings Family,

Can you handle hard hitting, probing challenges to your commentary?

I absolutely love it! It's rare that I get it though, at the levels I enjoy most, and rarer still to have time to partake ... but i do love it.

I think it provides me a great opportunity to learn some stuff I never knew, especially when someone can get me off my square. That's hot!

Many of us though, seem to get offended if someone challenges what we've said, as if we could never be wrong, misinformed, etc.

So I'm wondering, how do you all receive such challenges to what you share here ... is it kewl that others disagree with you?

I'm similar to you, I love hard challenges to my views, since it helps me to discover whether a view I hold is worth keeping.

Sometimes another person will bring up a perspective I never thought of, and I tend to appreciate that they brought it up.

One of the questions I ask myself when I consider what someone else brings up, is whether I would be willing to die for the new belief, as opposed to the existing belief I hold. Sometimes I conclude that I would not lay my life on the line for either belief, sometimes I end up in the least adjusting my existing belief.

My personal view is that any set way of doing things, may have been great during the time period it was created. However, as time goes by and the world changes drastically, it may be a good idea to revisit tradition to see what continues to work, and whether a new way of looking at or doing something may work better.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back