Black Spirituality Religion : CAN YOU GIVE SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF WHEN YOUR RELIGION WAS BASHED?

DESTEE!

WOMBMAN...you wanna tell me you have no influential POWER here...you see that how that thread count went up when you started posting?

I was surprised at the number...went from fifty some odd views to well over a hunit in no time flat!

I think it was/is YOU!

Now...that's NOT to minimize my own POWER nor Brother abdurratln's

M.E.
:hearts2:

No, I said I could see how it would be viewed as such.
No one has ever said for sure that that is how they experienced it.

No Sister True ... you said the above plus what I quoted previously ... but okay ... I'll let this one go.

Anywho....I can see where you are in terms of viewing this thread as an opportunity to "wallow" in stuff. For me, it's no different then people saying to me..."the past is in the past" or the suggestion that certain avenues for emotional healing represents "wallowing" in the past.

I guess in the end...I'm responding to the term "wallow". It has very strong connotations behind it AND it is the type of terms used when people don't want to do the work of "therapy"/opportunity to really get to know self "better"

It's all good and all gravy :grouphug::qqb015:

M.E.

I like the word wallow. I use it often, not only when we're wallowing in things we shouldn't be, but when wallowing in good stuff too.

I am of the opinion that we can't afford to stay in the places that keep us down, mired in the heaviness of our current reality and past, to the degree that it hinders our forward movement, if we can avoid it. Yes, wallow if we must, for a moment, but get up as soon as possible, and try not to go there if you can. I understand also, that some of us take longer than others, to do the same thing. I don't mean to rush anyone, but time is of the essence, as our people are dying.

Wallow in the pain, bashes, beatings, assaults, memories, yesterdays, for as long as you must, but remember we need a victory to wallow in as well, today!

We need you ... but take your time ... :hearts1:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Originally Posted by truetothecause View Post
Mind you, I mind myself and don't say it here and that's not because anyone has said they were offended by it..thou I can see how they would be...

For example, when I refer to Christianity as "christ insanity" ...well I can see how someone who professes Christianity would experience that as "bashing" so there.

Destee said:
Sister True ... in the first quote above you say you don't say that here because you know it would offend / hurt another.

These were my statements and no where did I say...I KNOW it WOULD offend...just that I could see (if I'm looking from their lens) how it would be.

I don't like labels and I hear "wallow" as a label. I try and stay away from that....

Destee said:
I don't mean to rush anyone, but time is of the essence, as our people are dying.
Destee said:
We need you ... but take your time

So again,...you hear what I'm saying or asking as "wallowing". I'm saying to you IT IS NOT..."wallowing"....Ok...

I agree that "time is of the essence" so I'd suggest IF we are going to have the "unity" this community has worked to develop....regardless of religious or Spiritual preference...THEN we'd better HURRY UP and share with each other what works and does not work when we attempt to communicate with each other...

It is because "time is of the essence" that I posted this question in the first place....yet...it has been relegated to the place of "wallowing":10500:

M.E.

It is because "time is of the essence" that I posted this question in the first place....yet...it has been relegated to the place of "wallowing"

No matter my or any one else's opinion, if you find this or any matter of timely importance, let no one deter you.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back