Black Spirituality Religion : Can you call on any GOD OR GODDESS YOU LIKE?

I just want to add that I don't care who or what someone chooses to believe in just don't forget to believe in yourself!
Too often people are praising the unknown more than they are praising themselves!
I am attracted to the true spirit of people not their beliefs!
There was this older lady that walked into my theatre class full of joy and that joy was genuine and full of life!
After I got to know her it was confirmed that she was indeed a beautiful spirit/person!
I get those feelings with people good or bad.
Than there are those tormented ones that i offer advice,laughter,hugs,reassurance,poetry,genuine affection even if they are not ready to receive just know that there is someone out there that cares.
If it never works than I just let go.
My mother said I was like that as a little girl.
My mother is tormented always have been even now when she comes over i burn frankincense and myrrh.
Pour her a glass of wine and make her laugh and hug her tight and tell her how much I love her.
People can try but never let anyone steal your joy!
Your beliefs doesn't validate nor complete your true self!

*tearfully* that’s what’s up. This is quite possibly the most beautiful post that I have read all year. Give your Mommie a Rose Quartz that you have meditated on and charged with your love. Just get her to hold it when you are not around and she will instantly feel uplifted.

Ps-Happy Mother’s Day.

Alex

Obviously I can't speak for the people you encountered, but there are few things you need to find out before getting a reading done.

1) Is the priest part of a temple and if he is, what is the name of it.

2) How long have they been a priest, what is the name of their lineage and who initiated him.

3) Ask the priest if he is an Awo or Olorisha? Awos have greater experience at Divining, at least they should.

4) Ask him what kind of fee he requires, additionally ask him what he charges for initiations. if required (obviously he can't tell you if you need to be intitiated until the reading is in progress).

thank you sek.
I appreciate the info.

5) Ask him if he's Black or Caucasian, if he says he's white forget about it. This may sound racist but I assure you there are very good reasons for knowing his ethnicity. Whites do not have the physical or spiritual lineage in their blood line of the Orisha. PERIOD.

Can they give readings, sure they can. Can they 'bring' down an Odu or call upon the Orisha? most certainly not, they can call on their own Egun. In short, they cannot call something that is not a part of them. So when they perform divination, they're not communicating with the divinities, they're talking to their Egun or some other spirit. Some whites may tell you that they incarnated as a black person in the past, impossible. Trust me on this.

Here are two Ile (temples) in your area

Egbe Imole Agbo Iwosan
Iya Ifalola Aboyade Omobola
Chicago Il.
www.windwhispers.org

Ile Ifa Jalumi
Baba Songodina Ifatunji
P.O.Box 491
Maywood Illinois 60153
www.jalumi.com

Thank you sek I appreciate the info.

*tearfully* that’s what’s up. This is quite possibly the most beautiful post that I have read all year. Give your Mommie a Rose Quartz that you have meditated on and charged with your love. Just get her to hold it when you are not around and she will instantly feel uplifted.

Ps-Happy Mother’s Day.

Alex

Thank you girl happy mamas day to you too!

GOD AND GODESS WITHIN

I would recommend a book CONVERSATIONS WITH THE BLACKMANS GOD (www.divinesource.co.uk) It is a channeled book by a sister out of England it addresses this question and our spirituality in a very profound way. In the book MotherFather Principle and Gods are saying we have lost our way spiritually, so to has our African traditions which is just a shadow of what it was. The Gods are asking us to reclaim our spirituality by opening our hearts to love to remove negative thought patterns that keep creating negative futures. Our thoughts manifest what s happening in our lives. Those who follow African traditions are just following what they have been taught, no one can question it or the priests - this has been our downfall both in traditional African religion and with followers Christianity and Islam - we have allowed others to shut down our own spiritual truth and power. This not to say that there is no value in our traditions - but like everything we must evaluate rather than just accept like robots. Let the truth in our hearts guide us and we will transform our lives. We must clear the baggage of the past, forgive ourselves and others, make peace with ourselves before we can move on and live our true destiny. This is our responsibility not the priests - we have the power in our thoughts and in our hearts.
When we open our heart chakra we also tap into the God and Goddess within - without reclaiming this many will find calling on the dieties will bring only short term satisfaction. These modern versions of our ancient traditions cannot make any real impact on our condition as a people - neither in Africa or in the diaspora because it is now a means for people to look for individual material gain not collective security, love or truth. We in the disapora have to lead the way by looking inside ourselves release the genetic coding reclaim our God and Goddess selves once we can trust in ourselves. This is our ancient way. The priest and pastors have no more power than you.

less then Supreme

I recently had a convo with a member here and she was upset at the fact that I called upon ellegua to open the way for me becuz i am not of yoruba faith/religion and he is a trikster god.
I've lit a candle for oshun as well and she visited me with a drop of water to my mouth when i asked about this guy I was seeing.
I don't and wont belong to any religion becuz I am indeed a free spirit and choose not to confine myself to one way.
I light candles with positive intents all the time.
She was speaking as if you can only call on certain gods for certain religions.
Why is that?
Am I wrong?
She just stopped talking to me altogether and I didn't understand that.

Yes, as long as that GOD or GODDESS is not recorded as being less then Supreme.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back