Black Spirituality Religion : Can you call on any GOD OR GODDESS YOU LIKE?

Sistah I'm flattered

If I may, allow me to make a suggestion to you, stay out of the spiritual store you've. Been frequenting, until you find a traditional priest who can perform divination for you

The other question I'd like to ask is, did the man who owned the store identify himself as a priest? Were the cowrie shells connected to a chain and if not how many did he use. When a priest divines its not about them feeling a divinity. Divininers read what spirit is saying through the cowry shells or opele. Feelings play no role during a divination session

With respect to your friend in the )oruba faith who gives you tips for a spiritual bath, do you know his level of expertise as far as sacred herbs.is he a priest?

One thing to bare in mind when talking about spiritual baths is, one size doesn't fit all. Particuliarly as it relates to you.

. I hate to keep kicking a dead horse but prescriptions for spiritual baths are almost always contingent upon divination. I'm not saying the "formula" your friend gave you is ineffective, but there are certain qualitative spiritual/medicinal agents that have a specific ase that cannot be released without the proper preperation by a priest or herrbalist

Your shrine should not be dedicated to any divinity, your right about that. As I said before your shrine would be better suited to reflect your elevated ancestors

Elegua, its one thing to read about esu but an entirely different ball of wax to make offerings to him and experience his ase

Invoking the divities without proper training and guidance is akin to a jr high school student trying to install a light fixture. Hhe might figure out how to do it or he might electrocute himself and burn the whole house down, the latter is more likely

The divinities are not there to be summoned and manipulatedn they're here to help us become whole again. To help us reconstitute the missing pieces. To when we try to control nature by manipulating its forces we're essentially bending light, and what do you.think that leads to?

Yes he did identify himself as such.
It was about a yr ago when he did the reading so I don't recall if they were connected to a chain or not.
I take the baths to cleanse my aura as I pick up so much energy from those around me.
I never thought about a specific formula for it.
I know it runs in his bloodline(my friend) I forgot what level he is at.
I will ask him again and get back to you.
To feel his ase?
Have you experienced it?
I am not trying to manipulate him whats so ever I am only seeking guidance for the gifts I have.
Thats it!
My heart is pure and my intentions are positive.
If ellegua is not the opener of the way for me than nothing will happen.
I hope you don't think I am playing with these dieties becuz I am not!
It took me almost 30 years to even figure out that I need to learn how to harness these gifts I have or even know what they were.
I am merely trying to seek guidance to fulfill my destiny.
No more ,no less.
Ellegua is a sprit guide am I correct?
Since most black people don't have a clue to their ancestory how do you determine which african DIETIES to seek?
I also have a strong native american background on both sides so i keep a dream catcher over my bed and three beautiful small jewlery containers with indian prints on my altar.
I smudge maya over my dream cathcer and through my house.
These are things I just do.
I also keep a clear crystal quartz in a bowl of florida water and tepid water directly underneath my altar.
I would love to have direct guidance 24/7 from a priest but some things are meant for us to learn on our own.

Yes he did identify himself as such.
It was about a yr ago when he did the reading so I don't recall if they were connected to a chain or not.
I take the baths to cleanse my aura as I pick up so much energy from those around me.
I never thought about a specific formula for it.
I know it runs in his bloodline(my friend) I forgot what level he is at.
I will ask him again and get back to you.
To feel his ase?
Have you experienced it?
I am not trying to manipulate him whats so ever I am only seeking guidance for the gifts I have.
Thats it!
My heart is pure and my intentions are positive.
If ellegua is not the opener of the way for me than nothing will happen.
I hope you don't think I am playing with these dieties becuz I am not!
It took me almost 30 years to even figure out that I need to learn how to harness these gifts I have or even know what they were.
I am merely trying to seek guidance to fulfill my destiny.
No more ,no less.
Ellegua is a sprit guide am I correct?
Since most black people don't have a clue to their ancestory how do you determine which african DIETIES to seek?
I also have a strong native american background on both sides so i keep a dream catcher over my bed and three beautiful small jewlery containers with indian prints on my altar.
I smudge maya over my dream cathcer and through my house.
These are things I just do.
I also keep a clear crystal quartz in a bowl of florida water and tepid water directly underneath my altar.
I would love to have direct guidance 24/7 from a priest but some things are meant for us to learn on our own.

Sista let me be clearr. When I say the divinites should not be manipulated, it was not an indictment against you but was meant as a warning and an observation in general, ok beloved?

Secondly, continue taking the baths but keep in mind a spiritual bath predicated on divination not only will clean your aura but. A whole array of negating forces and help bring you closer to alignment

By all means, ask your friend if he indeed has been trained as a priest or herbalist

I am not at liberty to explain to you in detail what it means to experience.his ase, suffice it to say that ritual and prayer procure a quickening that often culminates at the top of my spinal chord

I wouldn't call any aspect of Esu a spirit guide per se, for example if you and I were talking about khemetic cosmology would you call heru a spirit guide? Probably not lol

Esu is the policeman of the universe and with respect to teachings of orunmila, it was esu who codified the spiritual tenets of ifa and set the spiritual and cosmological. Blueprint for human beings

All of us are born with a guardian deity, once again this is divulged through divination

There is a ritual known as ipele fa that can tell us about our dominant ethnic origins and the roles our ancestors played in the slave trade. However we have to be careful what we ask for

Sistah. What part of the country do you live. You need to find a priest. But until you do, continue smudging your home and keeping a pure heaet don't forget to incorporate dragons blood when you smudge

Sista let me be clearr. When I say the divinites should not be manipulated, it was not an indictment against you but was meant as a warning and an observation in general, ok beloved?

Secondly, continue taking the baths but keep in mind a spiritual bath predicated on divination not only will clean your aura but. A whole array of negating forces and help bring you closer to alignment

By all means, ask your friend if he indeed has been trained as a priest or herbalist

I am not at liberty to explain to you in detail what it means to experience.his ase, suffice it to say that ritual and prayer procure a quickening that often culminates at the top of my spinal chord

I wouldn't call any aspect of Esu a spirit guide per se, for example if you and I were talking about khemetic cosmology would you call heru a spirit guide? Probably not lol

Esu is the policeman of the universe and with respect to teachings of orunmila, it was esu who codified the spiritual tenets of ifa and set the spiritual and cosmological. Blueprint for human beings

All of us are born with a guardian deity, once again this is divulged through divination

There is a ritual known as ipele fa that can tell us about our dominant ethnic origins and the roles our ancestors played in the slave trade. However we have to be careful what we ask for

Sistah. What part of the country do you live. You need to find a priest. But until you do, continue smudging your home and keeping a pure heaet don't forget to incorporate dragons blood when you smudge

Completely understood!
In other words I have to earn his respect.
Actually was thinking of not lighting the candle anymore.
I have battled alot but I am not sure I can battle a spirit that strong without complete knowledge of him.
The thing is I went to the ausar ausset society originally and that was no help to me.
No offense but they didn't seem authentic nor did the suppose to be priestess do an accurate reading for me.
She had no tools and she was on her cell phone prior to the reading.
they were vegetarians and I know I could never be cuz i love meat lol!
The funny thing about the two that read for me were white but very much on point about me!
very down to earth and the woman was so intuned with me it was scary!
The reading was for 30 minutes but we talked for an hour anda half off the clock.
The one I had a month ago I barely said hello and she saw my light immediately!
Why dragons blood?
I am in chicago illinois.

I just want to add that I don't care who or what someone chooses to believe in just don't forget to believe in yourself!
Too often people are praising the unknown more than they are praising themselves!
I am attracted to the true spirit of people not their beliefs!
There was this older lady that walked into my theatre class full of joy and that joy was genuine and full of life!
After I got to know her it was confirmed that she was indeed a beautiful spirit/person!
I get those feelings with people good or bad.
Than there are those tormented ones that i offer advice,laughter,hugs,reassurance,poetry,genuine affection even if they are not ready to recieve just know that there is someone out there that cares.
If it never works than I just let go.
My mother said I was like that as a little girl.
My mother is tormented always have been even now when she comes over i burn frankenscence and myrh.
Pour her a glass of wine and make her laugh and hug her tight and tell her how much I love her.
People can try but never let anyone steal your joy!
Your beliefs doesn't validate nor complete your true self!

Completely understood!
In other words I have to earn his respect.
Actually was thinking of not lighting the candle anymore.
I have battled alot but I am not sure I can battle a spirit that strong without complete knowledge of him.
The thing is I went to the ausar ausset society originally and that was no help to me.
No offense but they didn't seem authentic nor did the suppose to be priestess do an accurate reading for me.
She had no tools and she was on her cell phone prior to the reading.
they were vegetarians and I know I could never be cuz i love meat lol!
The funny thing about the two that read for me were white but very much on point about me!
very down to earth and the woman was so intuned with me it was scary!
The reading was for 30 minutes but we talked for an hour anda half off the clock.
The one I had a month ago I barely said hello and she saw my light immediately!
Why dragons blood?
I am in chicago illinois.

Obviously I can't speak for the people you encountered, but there are few things you need to find out before getting a reading done.

1) Is the priest part of a temple and if he is, what is the name of it.

2) How long have they been a priest, what is the name of their lineage and who initiated him.

3) Ask the priest if he is an Awo or Olorisha? Awos have greater experience at Divining, at least they should.

4) Ask him what kind of fee he requires, additionally ask him what he charges for initiations. if required (obviously he can't tell you if you need to be intitiated until the reading is in progress).

5) Ask him if he's Black or Caucasian, if he says he's white forget about it. This may sound racist but I assure you there are very good reasons for knowing his ethnicity. Whites do not have the physical or spiritual lineage in their blood line of the Orisha. PERIOD.

Can they give readings, sure they can. Can they 'bring' down an Odu or call upon the Orisha? most certainly not, they can call on their own Egun. In short, they cannot call something that is not a part of them. So when they perform divination, they're not communicating with the divinities, they're talking to their Egun or some other spirit. Some whites may tell you that they incarnated as a black person in the past, impossible. Trust me on this.

Here are two Ile (temples) in your area

Egbe Imole Agbo Iwosan
Iya Ifalola Aboyade Omobola
Chicago Il.
www.windwhispers.org

Ile Ifa Jalumi
Baba Songodina Ifatunji
P.O.Box 491
Maywood Illinois 60153
www.jalumi.com

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back