Black Relationships : Can You Be Pro Black and Date Outside the Black Race?

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
Some of my friends were talking about this today and it got heated. My position is that you make a decision on who you choose to date so you cant be 100% committed to the Black race and date someone that is not Black. I see being pro Black as a commitment to the Black race and that commitment starts with choosing a potential partner that is Black. To me its like claiming youre a Baptist but you worship at a Hindu temple. I dont see anything wrong with dating outside your race. I have done it myself. However I know it was a choice I made. No one made me date the person.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Some of my friends were talking about this today and it got heated. My position is that you make a decision on who you choose to date so you cant be 100% committed to the Black race and date someone that is not Black. I see being pro Black as a commitment to the Black race and that commitment starts with choosing a potential partner that is Black. To me its like claiming youre a Baptist but you worship at a Hindu temple. I dont see anything wrong with dating outside your race. I have done it myself. However I know it was a choice I made. No one made me date the person.
I commend you Senegal. I personally believe that irregardless of what any particular race, society or culture says or dictates, interracial relationships and those involved in them should not be viewed or treated any different then any of the other types of relationships that as of late appears to be totally acceptable even "Encouraged" by society.

This song is a sober accounting of a Black man who works in a strip club "Of all places" and is actually ashamed to be seen in public during the day with his White girlfriend.

Go figure.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
I commend you Senegal. I personally believe that irregardless of what any particular race, society or culture says or dictates, interracial relationships and those involved in them should not be viewed or treated any different then any of the other types of relationships that as of late appears to be totally acceptable even "Encouraged" by society.

This song is a sober accounting of a Black man who works in a strip club "Of all places" and is actually ashamed to be seen in public during the day with his White girlfriend.

Go figure.
I can kind of relate. I was never ashamed but I was uncomfortable being seen with blond white women. I dont know why exactly but it bothered me enough to where I stopped and would only date brunettes and they had to have some color to them. Even still I would always see some fine Black woman while I was with a white girl and be like ****! And you know she was givin me that look like "yeah buddy you missin out."

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
I can kind of relate. I was never ashamed but I was uncomfortable being seen with blond white women. I dont know why exactly but it bothered me enough to where I stopped and would only date brunettes and they had to have some color to them. Even still I would always see some fine Black woman while I was with a white girl and be like ****! And you know she was givin me that look like "yeah buddy you missin out."
That's funny.
I can appreciate your honesty.

brutervrot

Nov 29, 2018
This looks like you don`t appreciate your choice. Ask a question to yourself, does it important your partner's skin color? If it is, so you just wouldn`t be met with "other skin" people, this is just a question of moral valuables. As for me, I had a black GF. She`s great! We met on Meetville. It was awesome, but we just weren't fit each other. So, it made`s a divorce between relatives, but we are still friends! Thereby, try this site meetville.com/catalog/us/cg-1-interracia, maybe this kind of relatives for you, but you haven`t found a fit girl yet?)

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Always interesting when bots rear their heads to post ads so cleverly like nobody that breathes air can figure their deal out. What say? Spread the letters and such? Get a job.

BTW Bot, this is a BM/BW love thread not an IR BM/WW, BW/WM option thread yet you come here doing a complete 180. Does that not bother you in the least?

Hermetic

May 30, 2015
Yes, you can date outside of our ethnicity and still support issues that are important to our ethnicity. The real problem is some who do choose that path act as if they now must whole cloth support the ethnicity they are dating, forswearing support for their own people's issues. If they can remember that they are Black, and the issues affecting Black people affect them, then I see no reason why they can't date or marry other and yet still be a great help in rectifying issues we as Black people consider important.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • no

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 40.0%

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: