Black Relationships : Can You Be Pro Black and Date Outside the Black Race?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Senegal, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Senegal

Senegal Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +603
    Some of my friends were talking about this today and it got heated. My position is that you make a decision on who you choose to date so you cant be 100% committed to the Black race and date someone that is not Black. I see being pro Black as a commitment to the Black race and that commitment starts with choosing a potential partner that is Black. To me its like claiming youre a Baptist but you worship at a Hindu temple. I dont see anything wrong with dating outside your race. I have done it myself. However I know it was a choice I made. No one made me date the person.

• Like Like x 2
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  2. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    I commend you Senegal. I personally believe that irregardless of what any particular race, society or culture says or dictates, interracial relationships and those involved in them should not be viewed or treated any different then any of the other types of relationships that as of late appears to be totally acceptable even "Encouraged" by society.

This song is a sober accounting of a Black man who works in a strip club "Of all places" and is actually ashamed to be seen in public during the day with his White girlfriend.

Go figure.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +10,522
    I have no first hand experience to share, but on the surface it appears to be a challenging task.

There is an old thread on this topic, it got heated too ... :wink:

Sister cocobutterskyn started it :

Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

https://destee.com/threads/pro-black-interracial-relationship-do-they-mix.14604/

Black Relationships : - Pro-black & Interracial relationship... do they mix?

Is it possible to be involved in an interracial relationship and be pro-black... or do they contradict? feelin' it souldeep Coco :heart:
    destee.com

:heart:

Destee

4. Senegal

Senegal Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +603
    I can kind of relate. I was never ashamed but I was uncomfortable being seen with blond white women. I dont know why exactly but it bothered me enough to where I stopped and would only date brunettes and they had to have some color to them. Even still I would always see some fine Black woman while I was with a white girl and be like ****! And you know she was givin me that look like "yeah buddy you missin out."

• True True x 1
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,923
    That's funny.
    I can appreciate your honesty.

6. brutervrot

brutervrot New Member MEMBER

Germany
    Ratings:
    +0
    This looks like you don`t appreciate your choice. Ask a question to yourself, does it important your partner's skin color? If it is, so you just wouldn`t be met with "other skin" people, this is just a question of moral valuables. As for me, I had a black GF. She`s great! We met on Meetville. It was awesome, but we just weren't fit each other. So, it made`s a divorce between relatives, but we are still friends! Thereby, try this site meetville.com/catalog/us/cg-1-interracia, maybe this kind of relatives for you, but you haven`t found a fit girl yet?)

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +15,202
  8. Symbol of America

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,126
    Always interesting when bots rear their heads to post ads so cleverly like nobody that breathes air can figure their deal out. What say? Spread the letters and such? Get a job.

BTW Bot, this is a BM/BW love thread not an IR BM/WW, BW/WM option thread yet you come here doing a complete 180. Does that not bother you in the least?

9. Symbol of America

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,126
  10. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +615
    Yes, you can date outside of our ethnicity and still support issues that are important to our ethnicity. The real problem is some who do choose that path act as if they now must whole cloth support the ethnicity they are dating, forswearing support for their own people's issues. If they can remember that they are Black, and the issues affecting Black people affect them, then I see no reason why they can't date or marry other and yet still be a great help in rectifying issues we as Black people consider important.