Black People : Can white people be sell-outs to their cause?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, Nov 3, 2007.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    ImHotep!

After following the conversation initiated by Brother Jamesfrmphilly entitled "Can a white woman raise a Black Man" and listening to some of the replies by the Brethren, i got to thinking :thinking:...

Sounds like some are suggesting that whites can "sell-out" and provide an adequate foundation for Afreekans to grow into their own.

Is that the case:?:

Can whites sorta, "sell-out" their own:?: thereby benefitting OUR cause:?:

According to folk like Brother Khalid, the answer would be a RE~sounding NO!...the devil is d evil is d evil plain and simple.
    Check Brother MetaSaience's thread on "instigating Race War" to hear the Minister teach

:hearts2:

2. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Just Interesting!

This is simply an interesting 'phenomenon'!

When I view my thread from the home page, I only see two words of the title: "Can white..." as opposed to at least eight words.

When I look at many of the other titles which extend beyond three words, I find up to at least eight words of the title if not the FULL title of the thread!

Interesting!

Are there 'implications' or 'theories' I have about this:?:

YES

Am I willing to share them:?:

NO
    Just 'noticed' it.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    in order for whites to "sell out" they would have to renounce white supremacy and fight against it.
    they would have to refuse any white privilege at all.

i don't know of any whites doing this. they may well sex down a black but they will not give up that white privilege.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister True ... the title is shortened on the home page because you have put apostrophe's in the title.

Remove them, and you should see more of the title on the home page.

I don't know if this lines up with your implications or theories, but now you know ... :wink:

:heart:

Destee

5. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    OK!... Thank You and YES...that was one of my thoughts about it.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    This is a copy of my response to the white woman thread. Every group on the earth has its sell outs...but when it comes to sell outs the European is extreme and unique.

1. We do not need a definition of "what is black" because black is nothing but a color. It does not define culture, language, history, land or identity. Even white does not do that....so maybe we need to change the terminology first of all. They are Europeans and we are Africans. I am an African 400 years removed from home but an African none the less.

2. The next question that needs clarification is; "What type of African are we and what type of European are they"? One could be a Europeanized African or Afripean...meaning that the exterior is clearly African but the internal is not. Many things can produce this effect. Does that person qualify as an African Man? If we were to use history as a guideline, then the answer would be no, simply on the basis that the so call African man has been alienated from who he is and the essence of himself to be, to think, to speak, to act, to eat, to relate and to live as love as a group outside of or other than his own.

3. We can not use color as the basis simply on the fact that it was our people who produced all others on this planet...including the pink people that we now refer to as white. Some of us may even have seen albino Africans. What this means is that "when we say a white mother" are we speaking of a white mother who is not only physically white but culturally white as well? In other words, is the beast a bonafide *******?

4. We must be mindful that there are white people out there who subconsciously hate the idea that they are white. They know the history and the culture of the people that they had the misfortune to born into and they reject it heart and soul. This however is not the "norm of white people" but they do exist none the less. It is this white person who will be from all actions, blacker than the average black person in terms of living it out. I understand the psychology of this white person and must commend them for even having the courage to swim up-stream against their own. Could this white woman raise a black man? Yes...because she knows and understands not only the history and the culture and the politics of it all, but more importantly and 99.9% of the time, she will be living it out. If she could she would re-classify but her skin color won't allow her the privilege.

7. FaithSoulSistah

FaithSoulSistah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    No. There are many who can play the "good cop" role, but that doesn't stop them from benefiting from white privilege and thereby supporting the current system. At most you will have those who "support" both. For example, giving to black causes, marching etc. But do not be so naive as to think that means they are actively fighting to dismantle the system of racism at all times. At the end of the day, they can go back to their white lives and forget about our struggles, possibly with a lighter conscience. I can't think of any white person who is devoted to dismantling the white system of racism/oppression. I think it is foolhardy to think that others are just as invested as we are in changing OUR collective condition.

8. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Don't hold your breath. You just keep doing what you came to this pkanet to do. If you get some help that's great. If you do not get any help that's great. Neither should destroy your focus.