Black Spirituality Religion : CAN WE REGAIN A LOST AFRICAN CULTURE....

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Through the Study of African NATURE?

Do we come from an Egalitarian society?
    Egalitarianism (derived from the French word égal, meaning equal or level) is a political doctrine that holds that all people should be treated as equals from birth.

Egalitarianism in Female African Lions

Because most cooperative societies are despotic, it has been difficult to test models of egalitarianism. Female African lions demonstrate a unique form of plural breeding in which companions consistently produce similar numbers of surviving offspring. Consistent with theoretical predictions from models of reproductive skew, female lions are unable to control each other's reproduction because of high costs of fighting and low access to each other's newborn cubs. A female also lacks incentives to reduce her companions' reproduction, because her own survival and reproduction depend on group territoriality and synchronous breeding. Consequently, female relationships are highly symmetrical, and female lions are "free agents" who only contribute to communal care when they have cubs of their own.

[​IMG]

Are we raising "OUR" children in this manner? Or is it, every Man, Woman and child for themselves? Are we saying that our Brothers and Sisters in Africa, who are also Africa's animals and wild life are more in sync with nature than ourselves?

Egalitarianism is common in animals but usually only occurs when the cooperative group is despotic. Lion prides do not have one dominant female in charge of reproduction but rather all females are capable of reproducing. The non-despotic cooperative lion pride is very unusual for this reason. Experts have determined that egalitarian lion prides are exemplified by two distinct concepts: (1) symmetrical relationships amongst lionesses and (2) the voluntary communal cub rearing system and shared mating/reproduction (Roach 2001). Packer emphasizes that egalitarianism occurs more often in animals where a female is unable to control the mating and reproduction of other females. This idea suits lionesses, because it would be nearly impossible to establish reproductive control within a pride (Packer 2001).

http://www.bio.davidson.edu/people/vecase/Behavior/Spring2004/shelburne/egalitarianism.html

All Africans are tough!!!!

[​IMG]

Zebras frequently associate with antelopes, gazelles, giraffe, and even ostrich. This activity is thought to be an anti-predator device. Nevertheless, zebras feature high on the list of lion and Spotted Hyena prey. Youngsters are particularly susceptible to these social predators which, hunting in groups, are able to separate the young from the adults. Stallions will defend their harem vigorously, sometimes badly mauling or even killing the attacker.

Allot of Brothers want 10-15 Women at a time and mating rights. By giving the male his natural desire, are we also giving him something he is willing to fight and even die for? By taking away these rights, are we also taking away his power to protect and defend? Are we defending our Women?

[​IMG]
    Zebras don't Pimp they Protect.

And yet any Male or Female aligned with nature and it's covenant with the cosmos and spirits of the Earth will get their "natural" desires fulfilled.

Let's never sleep on African intelligence, the African grey Parrot is one of the world's most intelligent birds, and even he has to tap dance for White folks too.

2. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    The images you offer are always so beautilful, MS!

Yes, as most of us were snatched from the West Coast - from cultures that previously migrated from Egypt.:SuN044:

IMHO< Dr. Darkwah provides a very good argument to the fact that Ghanaians were once in Ta-Meri (Ancient Egypt) but left after one of 3 Maafa's(Exodus) Out of Afrika :SuN016:

pp. 235 "The Africans Who Wrote The Bible" by Dr. Nana Banchie (Alex) Darkwah

Figure 7: The (Asesedwa) Ancient Egyptian furniture design of four thousand years ago that modern scholars have found in the Akan Stool design in Ghana.

Dr. Darkway says it is an Akan scholar named Dr. JB Danquah in his book entitled "The Gold Coast Akan" who equates the migration from the valley of the Tigris and Euphrates River with the Gonja, Bantu, Ewe, and Ga tribes.:darts:

3. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Culture is whatever you're doing at the time you're doing it. This is the reason when anthropologists are in the process of searching for and/or classifying a person or a peoples culture they go back and look at what the person or people were doing at the time they were doing it.

Regain and/or recapture African culture in order to do what? In order to do what they were doing at the time they were doing it? And in order to do what after that? And in order to do what after that?

4. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Edward Williams, you leaped over a very important word there- "lost"

Can we regain a "lost" African culture through the study of African nature?

This means that while we have been "captured" uprooted and re-planted on different soil, such a process has caused us to "lose" our culture- which is simply the activation procedures and storage for our traditions, memory and collective information- can we then, look to our at soil, which is Mother Africa- and find our culture again, but studying the animals and natural elements that feast off that soil?

Someone might say, well why not just study our native African family- well this is also part of how we can return to our "lost" culture. Yet, keep in mind that it is our relationship with nature that also adds to our cultural intelligence.

Basically, when we speak about culture we are also speaking about our collective power as a group. Hence- when we speak about any race of people and we say these people are "powerful" we are speaking about their culture.

Those of us who think of culture from the framework of individualism, often make the same terrible mistake of assuming the cultural paradigm of any single group is birthed by single actions performed during a single time period.

No one learns how to speak by listening to themselves think.

We learn how to speak by "mimicking" the facial, lip movements and sounds of our Mother, Father and those around us. Culture also, is the result of mimicking. Individuals can leave droplets of inspiration, but without group mimicry these droplets would dissolve in the currents of collective thoughts and actions.

Whenever we speak about power, we are speaking also about group actions and commitments- and how these actions are mimicked over longer and longer periods of time.

Dr. Clarke said - "Powerful people never educate powerless people in what they need that they can use to take the power away from powerful people; it's too much to expect. If I was in power, I would not educate people in how to take my powers away."

We must wonder about what Dr. Clarke is speaking about here. Is he speaking about Black culture as a system of power?? Because that seems to be the only thing "Powerful people" can educate powerless people about, and then have it used to take power away.

As we, Africans in America, train, direct, assist and educate our Oppressors about our culture, and wonder why we are still powerless.

So perhaps it is not the culture itself alone that is lost, but it's application.

The idea here is that, no living animal besides the African in America educates their predators. In nature, as well as in Africa, if you cannot fend for yourself, you die. Call it natural selection, or natural common sense.

And if the application is lost, our culture- whatever it is we are calling these collective actions, cannot assist us. Because if we understood why we have culture in the first place, we would also understand the importance of our collective actions and how they should be aligned with nature as well in order for them to have any real bearing on reality over longer periods of time.

How "powerful" is......
    The African Meerkat

[​IMG]

According to African popular belief (mainly in the Zambian/Zimbabwean region), the meerkat is also known as the sun angel, as it protects villages from the moon devil or the werewolf which is believed to attack stray cattle or lone tribesmen.

Meerkats demonstrate altruistic behavior within their colonies; one or more meerkats stand sentry (lookout) while others are foraging or playing, to warn them of approaching dangers. When a predator is spotted, the meerkat performing as sentry gives a warning bark, and other members of the gang will run and hide in one of the many bolt holes they have spread across their territory. The sentry meerkat is the first to reappear from the burrow and search for predators, constantly barking to keep the others underground. If there is no threat, the sentry meerkat stops signaling and the others feel safe to emerge.

Shouldn't the ability to recognize a predator also add as a significant part of culture and collective intelligence?

5. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    So that I don't skip over anything else I'll go slower.

In order to do what?

6. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Williams, a question is being asked so that perhaps it will answer that one as well.

I know we all have different ideas about what culture is, which is perfect- because it's obvious that even nature has different cultures that organize together, fit in and help one another survive. What we don't find in nature, is the prey assisting the predator.

As always, at first glance- this appears to be a very new subject, or a very odd one at best. But it's not. If we are to believe that the Ancients were wise, where did they draw this wisdom from? Was just God and spirit alone at work? Was it not from the study and direct mimicry of nature?

Or are the martial artists of Asia the only ones who learned a style or art by studying the defensive tactics of nature's animals?

[​IMG]
    The snake eagle shadow fist is deadly - but not as deadly as the cultureless and the lost.

In many cases we would much rather worship our Ancestors than study their sources of wisdom, which are still alive all around us. We must realize the small but very important realities about them. We may not relate with the Falcon head of Horus or the wings of Isis, and because we can't relate we miss the connection. As the Male is supposed to "inherit" and draw from the power of his Mother to fulfill the direction of his Father. The falcon head and the wings are one complete body.

Well that has more to do with understanding than culture. Yet isn't our culture based on our understanding? Again, if we do not understand it's proper application, it can be used by and for anyone as a way to express a love for something they know so very little about.

Wearing a natural fro and kente clothe doesn't make one Black and African anymore than wearing Timberland boots, a hoodie and sunglasses makes one a Rapper. Such feats are never realized as "culture" until they are used as a system of power that move people from one reality into the other.

We might define what we are doing right now as Africans in America as a culture, when actually it is not even a response. It is merely a continual adjustment, amendment and assimilation to cultures around us that seem to have more influence and power. Basically we will mimic anything that appears to give us somewhat of an advantage over some troubled social area.

We are still not as cultureless as White folks, but we are almost there. The more we abandon our traditional wares, the more we adapt to theirs. These days we have the strange idea that culture boils down to how we speak and how we dress- but these are results and responses to culture and not the culture itself.

So what are we trying to regain again? What is it that we have lost? How about our collective psyche? When the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing the collective psyche has been lost.

How a Man or a Woman dresses can be a response to the culture of respect, love, beauty, honor and justice felt from the collective mind, body and spirit relationship. The uniforms we wear, mirrors the ideals and perspectives of our group mind.

How a Man or a Woman speaks can be a response to the uplifting of certain thought patterns they program themselves to keep in memory from the stand point of that group mind.

We give ourselves the credit for Hip Hop as a culture, yet people should control their culture, the culture should not control the people. And as it stands, Hip Hop is a tool used against the intellectual growth of young Black minds. Allowing them to hear certain thought patterns as absolutes. They are shown a lifestyle of people who live much better than their Parents, and will do almost anything to reach that status, even commit the crimes advertised to them. Hip Hop has become a long commercial to recruit new Prisoners for a billion dollar prison business and industry.

Hip Hop is training the emotions of young children, giving them desires for things they are better off without. But we would dare call it culture. Are we becoming a powerful group from it's usage? And yet when I speak about power I have to be clear about that too. I'm talking about our ability not to go by force, not commissioned to do anything we do not want to do. That ability would make us powerful.

Is there any culture created and upheld by Africans in America or the world that bears the markings of real power?

7. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    You didn't answer the question Sir. You wrote a lotta words talking about doing something but you didn't even answer the question that leads to "why" do it.

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Williams, I wish I had more time in my schedule to address you personally. My words are towards this thread, not you. However- if you feel by attaching a question to a question you are in someway entitled to an answer, then by all means- I hope you find all the answers you are seeking. Because obviously you didn't read the answer I gave you, so therefore you must not really be interested in one.

But going by your own definition, then what you are doing is a culture itself. Many of us call that the culture of ignorance - which is always surprising when it's coming from you Bro. Williams, since you are well know for better tactics.

But I am also part of that same culture of ignorance, which is why I try to hard to pay attention, concentrate and remain conscious. No, it's not easy- and yes we are Human.

That being said, you are not looking for an answer- you are looking for YOUR answer. And only you can provide that.

If I am asking "can we" find a lost African culture through the study of African nature- I seriously doubt anyone would ask "to do what?" unless you really didn't understand the question, because if I asked can I find my lost bike by tracing my tracks? Why would someone ask to do what? What else would someone do with their lost bike but what they've done with it originally? See why such lines of questioning sounds more like late nite entertainment?

And because it sounds like entertainment, I will treat it as such.

9. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

SPEAKFREEDOMnet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +147
    Great reflection

Beautiful post altogether MetaSaience

10. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    You know- perhaps -many of us are asking the same questions. Why should we seek to find this lost Bike anyway? I have my own culture. I am me. For what? Why? For what reason? Why should we?

Because you're walking that's why. Nothing wrong with walking, but that Bike (culture) was given to us, it is our inheritance, and it gives us an advantage we needed to survive.

If we truly believe in our "Stolen Legacy"- and that even the Greek Philosophers studied nature and used the morals extracted from what they studied, and we know that our knowledge and science was stolen by the Greeks- isn't it fair to assume that Africans also owe their wisdom and knowledge to the wild life around them?

And if it is true that we are what we eat, isn't it also true that we were what we ate?

[​IMG]
    The other white meat?

The ancient Egyptians connected the pig with Seth, a particularly evil deity and it appears that for this reason some Egyptians refused to eat pork. In the guise of a pig or a boar, Seth attacked the eye of Horus, which represented the moon, a force of light and goodness. The attack itself represented a temporary triumph of evil over good. The connection between pigs and the moon occurred frequently in Egyptian myths and pigs were commonly sacrificed to moon gods. Seth attacked Horus and his eye during the waning moon, a time when ancient people thought evil forces roamed the earth. They also believed that people who led sinful lives on earth would be reincarnated as pigs. Because pigs mated during the waning moon, they too were considered evil.

http://groups.msn.com/FoodiesCorner/foodbites.msnw

Without giving it much thought, just this small piece of information is enough to prove that KMT and it's culture was used as a template for all major religions and in some cases cultures. I don't eat pork because it makes my sick, it's possible I have an allergy. What's odd is no one else in my family has this problem.

I will trust Dr. Wilson's judgment and say that it might be due to my consciousness of pork, and my consciousness has altered my biology to the point where pork would make me terribly ill. And if this is the case, I am Kin to KMT's upper class, who did not consume pork. None of the spiritual Masters did.

And for those of us who are thinking this all sounds too closely to the Animal Worship of Ancient KMT, perhaps we should look into this as well. Am I the only one who finds it odd that we come from such a rich history of Animal worship and study, and yet now we are a race of people who could care less about the nature, animals or the ecosystem around us?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_worship

Still, this is more about "nature consciousness" than Animal worship.