Black Money Business Jobs : Can we really develop black owned businesses in our communities?

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by blazejay, Apr 27, 2012.

1. blazejay

blazejay Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +165
    I hate to be the quote here but I got questions about it all.
    My question about jobs is do employers really base everything on resumes?
    I know you have to have resumes,etc...but do we have a chance of really getting hire?

My question on business is it still a sea of red tape to get help to start a small business in our own community?

My question on economy is there a way to build and develop a community base system that will benefit the business and the community?

Last, If a minority really want to start a business are the resources leveled or benefit our counterpart? if not, how can we really change this in order to help develop more black owned businesses?

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

The best way to answer all of your questions about black owned businesses in the black community is to start a business in the black community.

3. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Those that own busineses need to make sure that customer service is up to par!
    Customer sevice is a big problem with too many Black Owned businesses, bad service means that you will never get my money.

4. GodofTomorrow

GodofTomorrow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
    Mastermind groups. Get a group of your best friends together who are down to ride and hustle. Decide your hustle based on the local niches available as well as your talents and experience.

Say, you all know landscaping, carpentry, etc You could all just run around together doing that. No business license required. Fix up peoples houses on the cheap with scrap material. There are limitless possibilities. Begin a community garden. Live in a green state? Make a cannabis business with some people some how.

5. FASN8N1

FASN8N1 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    Great suggestion sistah .I have a small core group I work with as well. It's very beneficial....lol. we just one member that's always trying to pull us into MLM businesses....smh. not feeling those. But we have some real money making ideals.

6. GodofTomorrow

GodofTomorrow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
    Thank you. I'm male. :p

7. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

I have to agree with you. Customer services determines whether a person will purchase or by word of mouth advertise your product. This is a serious problem with most black business even here in this country.

8. FASN8N1

FASN8N1 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    Awkward....my bad

9. CSmith

CSmith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +213
    You need a good product, good customer service. Don't hire buffoons who will make your business look bad. Learn what the red tape is and follow the laws. Too many of our businesses are being lost because of stupid mistakes like screwing up paperwork, fraud, etc. Surround yourself with people who know what they're talking about and people who have actually started businesses. If you don't know accounting, learn all you can about it and hire someone who knows accounting.

Many blacks have credit issues and since they do it's extremely difficult to secure loans to start a business. Keep your credit clean, if you don't it'll be that much harder to start a business.

10. G Ali

G Ali Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +91
    I'd like to think that we can start black owned businesses in our communities, and you would think with the internet at our disposal the reach of these businesses would go much farther than just within the communities, as far as gaining and offering support to other entrepreneurs, even opening locations elsewhere in a franchise like manor.

For the last few month I myself have been looking for a black owned clothing line for my associates and I to wear exclusively as well as invest in.