Black People : Can We Progress--Or We Will Just Regress--?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, May 31, 2010.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Candidly and honesty:

I really don't know or understand what some folks judgement calls are being based on these days...

It is not as though blacks in general care any less than anybody who did or does post on these boards/threads/etc.

It is an issue and problem, as regards whether what we say and write as well as post, etc., are downers or uppers, as regards inspiring or depressing the very people we hope and pray to enlist their advice/support/etc., towards a common intent/purpose/etc.

The idea was and is that the exploited and oppressed should be inspired to help end their exploitation and oppression...

One can't hope or pray to bring that about, constantly despairing over their shortcomings, as though any of us posting are 'perfect', etc.

Also it seems and sounds some 'have nots' opt out for expecting nothing from our 'haves', instead of expecting them to give something back to the neighbors etc., which helped them when they were on the bottom, too...

Or has anything and everything about our allege or real social relations become so personal--so subjective--that nobody dares to admit the obvious--as in--some of us don't get along with each other--i. e., because some of us have nothing or little in common with each other--anymore...

Emotion laden calls for 'unity' etc. can't and won't change that...

Al and Jesse didn't and don't need to tell us that...

Farrakan and Smiley would never admit it!

So what are we waiting on?

I have been around most (if not all) of you for awhile now:

And in my humble (or not so humble) opinion, what is lacking here is neither brains nor guts...

But what is lacking is the will(power)...

You want to win popularity contests:

Go on DEAL OR NO DEAL...

You want to make a difference:

You may well have to do and say things even me and mine/you and yours/etc. won't just applaud...

That's the short term...

The long term is some of them eventually will!

At least the effort(s) will allow you to sleep better at night...

:em0200:

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Some will progress.

Others will regress.

Depends on the course of action one chooses.

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    yes Bro Chuck,

I do agree that the oppressed should look beyond the despair and have HOPE, and FAITH in a chosen plan of action, whatever that plan is. Believe in it.

but i also believe that exploitation and oppression and despairity goes hand in hand.

But when someone attacks the exploited and oppressed by making statements such as THEY NEED TO BE ROOTED OUT to solve their own designed hatred problems, this is much more than just posting and being perfect in what we post and how we post. This is what omowalijabali communicated to me. And; There is an intent here, an intent to harm. That is not what this black community should be about...supporting evil hate crimes projected against me and in this black humanity.

I believe this kind of communication is meant to tear this community down but still, it should be addressed.

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    First of all:

Thank both of you for your replies!

Second of all:

In spite of some folks oft times exibited brain power and/or the guys it does take to speak up and out, I must admit to also being concerned and worried, i. e., some folk continue to just react--not respond to what are obvious challenges...

I mean, how much more of our energies etc. can and should be wasted, be it Obama's alleged or real shortcomings, etc., if he's not for 'us'--is for 'them', whereas we continue have our right to be for ourselves?!?

The issue and problem--here--is so few of you are truly being the activists and theorists, who some of you air so many of your comments and criticisms etc. about!

And the issue/problem/etc. revolves around your lack of belief/faith/trust/etc., you could or would be able to muster, i. e. , if you could just accept the fact black folk are a lot like/not all that different from other folk, so you must lead/others must follow...

But not based on the issues/viewpoints/etc. which failed others in the past:

You must find new ones, i. e., new ideas and viewpoints, etc., which will help us to help our various relations move forward again!

In particular:

Your analysis etc. don't go deep enough, as in--to the root of the issues and problems, which aills us, via the here and now...

Also nobody bothered to even ask me what I feel or think about the likes of the NAACP etc.:

My reply?

I also consider them relics of the past...

I. e., suchlike is where the usual party line gets hyped to the black haves, whereas the black have nots are kinda sorta taken for granted, though this is the era of international drug cartels and/or transnational corporations, etc., so any notion of 'business as usual' takes very much reflects other folk who are heavily into denial...

My and the as well as more to the point:

The past IS past (tense)...

The present is what it is--unless and until we actually do something to change it!

I. e., being crass consumers, going for/or along with the latest fad or trend, or being groupies looking for groupies, are just reactions...

Being spectators is what too many of us--even here--have settled for...

True players--those who intend to take back control over their communities etc.--never settle for less than the best--out of themselves and everybody else!

Otherwise another one on the keeping it real/telling it like is it is/side...

Good luck!

Best wishes...

Take care...

Later...

Peace...

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    sad for folks challenging others to be activists,

who cannot tell folks how to help the city they live in!

while I listed my personal activities as well as folks I have worked with, a simple request to how Black folks can help deal with the situation of a young sister a child dieing at the hands of a terrorist bomb in Detroit,

strangely how they cannot mention their own activism in Detroit,
    and ho we can help in this unbelievable horror against a Blacki family

rather then coming here and cryiong and whining about what every one else does or does not do or post or does not post.

But of hypocracy can get some folks high, then I will not be a basher, to each their own and live and let live

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    we will regress as long as we worship Willie Lynch

7. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    i read this twice and still did not get it.

i'll return and try again alittle later.

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Fanon wrote in terms of ongoing social phenomenon...

I. e., what was and is called for, not rehashing what me and mind did, way back in the day:

Instead--or one and all--here--need to reexamine what they're been thru-- or are going thru--via the here and now...

What did any of you hearing/reading/etc. this feel and think, when Mike Tyson and Clarence Thomas were treated like 'heroes', Imin and Company like 'saviors' of Africa?

I did and do feel and think differently than what others chose to believe--I knew and understood that just wasn't true!

Did or do you feel and think our rights etc. will be taken away, because Obama isn't for us; or it's all over but the shouting, because Tavis etc. don't have 'all of the answers', etc.?

Oh so much is being presumed or assumed, just because of what's being merely hyped/reported via a mostly white capitalist controlled mass media, whereas life etc. did or does go on, no matter if a Tyson or Vic goes to jail, a Mike Jackson or Tiger Woods no longer remained or remains white folks 'token negro' of the week etc.

So, just what is your social awarness/political commitments/etc. truly based on, posters?

And I ask again:

Are your conceptions of 'being black' so personal--so subjective--so--uh--'skin deep'?

Then what it means to be me kinda sorta has nothing or little to do with what it also means to be you...

A individual's or group's identity must be agreed upon:

Not imposed by anybody on us!

But we do need and should want to make some things clear as regards who we are and are about:

Or not at all!

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Yes...

I'm sorry to hear and read some bigots who misrepresent their faith have plagued you and yours with unappreciated grief...

But...

Sometimes such individuals just make a lot of noise--not any sense--and nobody other than their own forgettable selves!

I. e., generally speaking, afrocentrics are trying to counter the self serving viewpoints etc. of eurocentric oriented white bigots/white racists/etc., and no disrespect intended nor meant to blacks of any faith etc.

Otherwise be cautious and wary of what others are also just giving lip service to...

10. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    yeah but in all due respect Fanon wrote in a way to embrace the reader not chase them away, as if he was in his own world, that folks had to wrestle to enter