Black People : Can We Defend Ourselves Against Re-Enslavement?

Can We Defend Ourselves Against Collective Re-Enslavement?

• Total voters
welcome but no one or atleast me are tryin to just sit back and blame white folks but its a fact that our current condition as a people resulted by the policies white folks in power have for us and that doesnt mean we cant make a change, we should make a change but the point im making is that we need indivisuals who can lead that change. If you read my post you will see i did come up with a solution, i said we need a powerbase that can provide money, orgainisation etc giving our community a structure where outrsiders couldnt come in and manipulate and rob us as they are currently doing. What do you think essense can offer black people in the way of change? just curious

Essence can offer..........

Thanks for the welcome Hope. I'm not suggesting that any one organization can solve the many problems that we have as black people. Essence is just trying one approach to one problem, that being the status of the young black males in our society. The lack of education and parenting together leads inevitably to criminal behavior. Too many young black men have fallen by the way side and ended up dead or in prison. Education is free up to high school, strong parenting will kept these young men in school and ensure that they learn what they need to in order to survive and to take care of their families. Again I don't quite understand why this is so hard to do, I surround myself with positive people, they have all accomplished this with their children. The schools in our districts belong to us, why don't we take control of them?

Many cities where there are large populations have black mayors and other representation. These are the leaders that we claim we lack. The government has the most money, our tax money, and they will spend it according to the dictates of the legislature. There is no lack of money or programs, just lack of interest and participation. I would conclude by saying that we have most of what we need, we just need to take more advantage of what is already there.

Cedric Denson said:
Many people will dis-agree with me on this, but I feel that sports, entertainment, and most of the stuff on TV are there to keep us where we are. When we give more money to Community investments instead of $50-$100 game tickets, we will make progress.
Agreed.
I recall a game I used to play called Utopia. The gist of the game was to travel to different planets where you would set up civilizations/colonies... from scratch.
At some point it became necessary to raise taxes in order to build more houses and stabilize the economy. After a few hundred years or so, the people would begin to revolt. They would pilfer funds, blow up buildings, and make attempts at assassinating you. The best way to satiate the masses was to drop the taxes and/or build a coliseum where in you would hold events every so often. Then when more homes were built and people were imported from Earth, you would need to build additional domes. It calmed the masses and allowed you to focus on the eventual alien attacks :)

That game gave great insight as to how the system works at a relatively young age.
Sports and the ilk are arguably the largest distraction of inner city youth (financial and otherwise).
Many would maintain that that's still better than the more negative alternatives, though.

mrron said:
We need more real men in our communities. Manhood is about leadership. This doesn't mean that women can't lead. But in every society, especially in intact families, the man is the leader of the family. I am sure that a lot of people won't like what I have to say as a newbie on this site, as I rarely go into discussing and blaming white people for all of our problems. I don't see how that is a strategy for resolution of our problems. If we are so helpless that we can be manipulated by remote control, as some have suggested, then it is not worth the efffort to even try to face our problems. Let's just take the bull by the horns and get things done.

I and my wife attended the essence music festival in Houston a few weeks ago, heard some grreat music and listened to some great speeches, given by some great speakers. The theme of the festival was "essence cares". They are seeking men to mentor young black males in the inner cities. They'd like to get about two million men involved. This is how we solve our own problems, not sitting around talking about how awful the white man has done us. Mentoring works wonders, a boy without a father or male role model is a molitive cocktail waiting to explode. They have established a site at essencecares.com. Visit the site and get involved. The white man is not the master he pretends to be. He has killed off many of his own leaders, and he ain't floundering and blaming others, let's stop the b.s., and take responsibility for our communities, no one else will do it for us. Who would want any of us as slaves anyway? We can't even follow the simplest instructions.

Brother I have read your some of your posts and I agree with the point about the re-emergence of the black men in our communities is one of the keys to our success. If i may ask how did we ask men "for lack of a better term" lose our collective minds and leave our communities in shambles? Where and when did it become common place for us men to abandon our families? Why is it so hard for us to see that the united black family is the foundation of our success as a people? Why are we in this condition?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back