Omowale Jabali : Can We Defeat White Supremacy?

Can We Defeat White Supremacy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blackbird said:
You are correct. The system of White hegemony and domination has been defeated, as is the testament of us who are conscious and/or striving for consciousness of our being. The fight is slow and tedious, but the victory has already been won.
We believe in the rightness of our mission and the outcome of our struggle. We know that whatever efforts we do will not be in vain, just as those before us knew that our generation will carry forth what was left behind for us to continue. We are a beautiful people and no one can take that away from us. I do this for my mentor now an ancestor, for my folks that toiled in the slavefields of South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Louisiana, as well as, throughout the Upper and Lower South, for my people that endured the era of Jim Crow and perpetual terror of lynchings and KKK incursions, for my people that came to life during the Civil Rights era, for my children that come after me, for my African family - that's who I do it for, that's who we do it for - our people.

Blackbird

I'm glad that you see this Reality. Hopefully more of US will wake up and see the same before it's too late and we self-destruct.

You know the saying still holds true, that you can't change what others do, but you can change what you do.

In that I am just suggesting the deeper issues. Drugs.

We defeat ourselves and I once was on the path of defeating myself and acknowledge that is a daily fight and struggle not to defeat myself but it has to be done.

Who's willing to tough it out? Who's willing to go through some hard knocks with out throwing in the towel and resulting to violence and drugs or leaving the family unit and giving up? Or at least supporting the family unit somehow even if you are not always present. Or a least being responsible for your seed? And not having women raise their children by themselves or not really contributing to the raising of the children and letting the woman do it all.

We need to be a strong unit period. For the better of ourselves. I am not saying that there are not strong family units and responsible people but the numbers are dwindling.

Defeating White Supremecy or mental warfare depends on us.
Are we capable of it.
Yes.
Defeating the warfare that is in us is what we are capable of.

Heart to Heart

Desert Storm

Yes, no, not sure?

I believe we can and that we will.

Like Dr. King said, "I may not get there with you, but we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land!"

Like Dr. King, my assurance is historically and Biblically based.

As a Christian, I do believe that, God's time, "soon we will be done with the troubles of this world."

"How Long?....Not long!

...However, difficult the moment. However frustrating the hour. It will not be long because truth crushed to earth will RISE AGAIN!

How long?...not long...because no LIE can live forever!

How long?...not long...because you shall REAP what you SOW!"

You are correct. The system of White hegemony and domination has been defeated, as is the testament of us who are conscious and/or striving for consciousness of our being.

The fight is slow and tedious, but the victory has already been won. We believe in the rightness of our mission and the outcome of our struggle. We know that whatever efforts we do will not be in vain, just as those before us knew that our generation will carry forth what was left behind for us to continue. We are a beautiful people and no one can take that away from us.

I do this for my mentor now an ancestor, for my folks that toiled in the slavefields of South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Louisiana, as well as, throughout the Upper and Lower South, for my people that endured the era of Jim Crow and perpetual terror of lynchings and KKK incursions, for my people that came to life during the Civil Rights era, for my children that come after me, for my African family - that's who I do it for, that's who we do it for - our people.

Blackbird

:toast: Well said!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back